Fairly Recent Movies That Are Like Wine

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Deliver Us From Eva - Pulled this one out of the archives the other night. what a great movie this one. The acting and comedy was great, especially from G Union and even LL; actually the entire cast was good except maybe some of the characters in the beauty salan. Seems destined to become a classic.

Clockers - of coarse. how this movie captured the period is simply Spike Lee during his high water mark. and the soundtrack oh my GOODNESS! back then it was tight,, but now, having grown up in that era, it is PRICELESS. I mean, Chubb Rock?!(the opening track IS CLASSIC) Cypress Hill?!(who decided to put their music with the scene? it was perfect!) the score when dude was trying to get his nerve up to blast "Darryl" and while he was in the bar talking to his brother,, the score when dude was in front of the asian store and was confronted by "strike's" brother,,, just classic music from the era. And the two members of Onyx,, what perfect casts for their parts, especially that one dude talking all that ***** about what it is to be "hard",, (is that Sticky Fingaz? dude's probably in federal prison or dead by now huh?)

Two Can Play that Game - the actors in this one will be icons,,, if they can stay out of trouble.

Best Man - what can i say about this classic? just a wonderful movie that only gets better every time i watch it.

Bartram said:
Deliver Us From Eva - Pulled this one out of the archives the other night. what a great movie this one. The acting and comedy was great, especially from G Union and even LL; actually the entire cast was good except maybe some of the characters in the beauty salan. Seems destined to become a classic.

Two Can Play that Game - the actors in this one will be icons,,, if they can stay out of trouble.

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

You must have been truly board.

Bartram said:
:confused: did you watch the same movie I watched...this movie was soooo predictablea and the acting wasn't that great. The characters weren't believable...come on Bart...

Now had you said you blew the dust off the "5 Heartbeats", "What's Love Got to do with it", or "School Daze" or "Boomerang" then I would have given you this :tup:

jelli said:
"Boomerang" then I would have given you this :tup:

I watched that this past weekend. Halle Berry, Martin Lawrence, and Chris Rock one the come up. Dis' bullsh@t today can't compare. Neoblaxexploitation I tell ya.

jelli said:
Now had you said you blew the dust off the "5 Heartbeats"

Since I had to work Friday I brought in the portable dvd player and this was the 1st movie I watched. Then I watched it again yesterday.

Deliver Us From Eva, and The Best Man, were just OK for me. Eva was predictable, and TBM was on the stupid side, though it was entertaining. The thing that made the movie stupid was dude writing a book, and then thinking nobody (his close friends) wouldn't figure it out. Cool movies, far from classic.

Two Can Play that game was just downright garbage. Different name, same movie, hell the same actors. Just my opinion though, we all like different things.

My cool movies, Love Jones, Soul Food, and Barbershop, and some lesser known movies, Love Sex & Eating The Bones, 7 Days, Book Of Love, and Love Chronicles. The last 4 were small budget movies, that didn't make it to the box office, but were brilliantly written, and directed, and the acting wasn't great, but the charachters were believable.

NICE

I always pull out "Two can play that Game" on a humbug. I liked that movie alot.

You can add:
Skool Daze
Brothers
Transformers the Movie
Blue Streak
Eddie Murphy's Raw

Back