Everyone with digital cameras.....send help!!!

Antroy

I'm tired of all you people taking pictures and posting them on here!! I want in on the fun!!!
I'm looking into buying a digital camera. I hope to have it before the Alcorn-AAMU game (birthday present to myself).
I have been looking at various places on the net for digital cameras. So far one thing is clear: <b>they are high as "L"!!!</b>
Anyway, I want to know what I should be looking for in a digital camera? And do you know where I can get one for a good price. <b>Don't mention Ebay because they go for about the regular price, if not higher!!</b>

Robber, Tara, and anybody else with a digital camera......<b>send help E-meed-git'ly!!!</b>

The key to a decent digital camera is the number of megapixels. The larger the number the better the picture for enlargement purposes, ie 8x10's or 5x7's. But just like any other camera you have to look at what you will be concentrating your picture taking on. For most people that just want to take regular pictures, getting a camera that has at least 1.3 megpixels will be sufficient.

Here's some information you may want to look into before buying a digital camera according to PCWorld:

Picking the right camera for your needs can be a daunting task. To start, ask yourself a few basic questions:

How much are you willing to spend?
A higher price tag gets you more resolution and more features.

How much resolution do you need?
One of the most common misconceptions about digital cameras is that higher in-camera resolution results in better images. For a standard 4-by-6-inch print, there's little difference in image sharpness among 1-, 2-, and 3-megapixel cameras. The differences really start to show when you make enlargements. If you plan to make lots of sharp 8-by-10 prints, you should buy a 3-megapixel camera. Two-megapixel cameras create fine 5-by-7-inch prints and adequate 8-by-10-inch prints.

How much control do you want?
If you're taking simple snapshots, you probably don't need manual focus, manual exposure control, or a bunch of flash settings.

How many shots are you likely to download at a time?
If you're taking just a few shots every time you go out, you can get by with a camera that has a serial-port connection. On the other hand, if you're taking dozens of images at a time, you'll want a camera with a Universal Serial Bus port. You might also consider a SmartMedia or CompactFlash reader that plugs directly in to your PC, which eliminates the need to hook your camera to your PC.

What kind of batteries will you use?
Some cameras use proprietary, rechargeable batteries. Often using lithium-ion chemistry, such batteries typically last fairly long on one charge and are easily recharged. However, they also tend to be expensive. All of the cameras we reviewed for this month's chart use AA batteries, which are easy to find but can become costly if you tend to do a lot of shooting. The best compromise is to use rechargeable AAs and have plenty of them in your bag.

Go Here and see how they ranked the top 5 under $500. It may give you some insight as to some others that are on the market for under $500 also. I use a Sony Mavica that uses regular computer disk and all I have to do is snap the pics than take out the disk and put them in from any computer. I can also preview them on the camera and decide if I want it or want to delete that pic on the spot.

Fiyah is right. It all depends on what you plan on using the camera for and how much you're willing to spend.

I started with one of those little Kodak ones with the flash card that ran about $250. I absolutely hated it! I could only store about 30 images on the flash card and the batteries died within two hours.

I currently use a CasioQV3000EX and I love it. It stores up to 972 images on one microdrive. I usually take approximately 100-200 pictures at each football game I attend.

But that's just me! :D

No Disrespect to the digital Camera. But i am hook to the SLR Cameras. When my Son was born i wanted a Good camera that took great pictures on paper. So i purchased the Cannon Rebel 2000. I also Take my Film to Wolf Camera and they will develope the film onto CD for you.

So, I would do a SLR Camera instead of a Digital Camera. That is just my flava of Cool-Aid.

:D

Man....

This stuff is starting to make me :bawling: !! These prices are <b>mad!!</b> I'm starting to get discouraged!!
I'm going to get one if it's the last thing I do!!!

You Minolta people need to get NIKONS. :D

Thanks for the info on the digital cameras, though. It would be good for some of the "other" things I shoot that Wolf won't process. ;)

Originally posted by unknown1
Tara got one of them big arse cameras that cost bout $1000. I got a hookup on mines.:emlaugh:

Shoot, with a name like CasioQV3000EX, what do you expect? It has EX at the end of it, ya know?

That tells me right away that it's no CHEAP camera. LOL

yeah and she got the dayum microdrive too

just add about 300 to the price....

*paraphrasing song*
"some girls have all the luck....."

oh well... :)

Originally posted by Batman

Thanks for the info on the digital cameras, though. It would be good for some of the "other" things I shoot that Wolf won't process. ;)

:D ain't that the truth.....VRG-DigitalPhotography, instant access :p:p :p

Originally posted by Vinita
You negroes is wearing me out with all this info ... hell, where's my 35mm?

I thought you had one.

Nothing like the real thang, ya know? ;)

Digital is the quick way to do it. LOL

Back