Ever Wonder Why Doctors Don't Check for Herpes as Often as HIV, Gonnorhea, etc?

BRAVEHEART123

The Clown Prince of Crime
You learn something new everday.

It always baffled me why doctors would routinely check for HIV, Gonnorhea, Chylmedia, and Syphilis in STD Tests but not Herpes.

The reason being is that the test for Herpes IS NOT a specific test.

Example: You could have contracted herpes as a child and not even been sexually active. You know how some adults love to kiss babies. If that adult kissed you while you were a child and had a cold sore, they gave you Herpes. Cold Sores are a form of Herpes. If you had Chicken Pox as a Child, That is a Herpes.

Heck, you don't know. You could be at a corporate meeting and one of the nasty white folks (Just an example :D), could have been playing with themselves before the meeting and not wash hands and shake your hand while say presenting you an award. Then when you go to use the restroom, you know you have to pull it out to piss. That sore could spread down there and now you have Herpes.

The Way to Test for the STD Herpes we all fear is to have an open blister present and swab it for testing. If someone test positive for HSV-1 or HSV-2 but test negative for HIV, Gonnorhea, Chylmedia, and Syphilis, give that test a 2nd look. Herpes is very easy pass when compared to HIV. Wear a condom and even having sex with an HIV Positive individual is low. Condoms don't always prevent Herpes but something is better than nothing.

How do I know...:D? College and Strip Clubs. One Buddy made a bet with me at a Strip Club and I Did It :D. It was protected of course but I still had a little fear in the back of my mind. Got HIV Blood Test and Syphilis Blood Test and Urine Test for Gonnereha and Chlymedia at 11 Days and and the Finger Prick at 9 Weeks. Both Were Negative. But I like said, Doctor said there was no need to test for Herpes, which baffled me at the time. Got an Oral Oraquick HIV Test at 19 Weeks. It was Negative.

My point is....Herpes is Very Real, But It Comes In Different Forms.

Last edited:
Sooooooo did you ever get tested for Herpes?! :retard:

WAit...I just re-read. You fugged at a strip club off a bet to see if you would catch a disease?!

You nasty.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am with SS. I understand fugging at the strip club but doing it while discussing diseases.. My dick wouldn't get hard.

You learn something new everday.

It always baffled me why doctors would routinely check for HIV, Gonnorhea, Chylmedia, and Syphilis in STD Tests but not Herpes.

The reason being is that the test for Herpes IS NOT a specific test.

Example: You could have contracted herpes as a child and not even been sexually active. You know how some adults love to kiss babies. If that adult kissed you while you were a child and had a cold sore, they gave you Herpes. Cold Sores are a form of Herpes. If you had Chicken Pox as a Child, That is a Herpes.

Heck, you don't know. You could be at a corporate meeting and one of the nasty white folks (Just an example :D), could have been playing with themselves before the meeting and not wash hands and shake your hand while say presenting you an award. Then when you go to use the restroom, you know you have to pull it out to piss. That sore could spread down there and now you have Herpes.

The Way to Test for the STD Herpes we all fear is to have an open blister present and swab it for testing. If someone test positive for HSV-1 or HSV-2 but test negative for HIV, Gonnorhea, Chylmedia, and Syphilis, give that test a 2nd look. Herpes is very easy pass when compared to HIV. Wear a condom and even having sex with an HIV Positive individual is low. Condoms don't always prevent Herpes but something is better than nothing.

How do I know...:D? College and Strip Clubs. One Buddy made a bet with me at a Strip Club and I Did It :D. It was protected of course but I still had a little fear in the back of my mind. Got HIV Blood Test and Syphilis Blood Test and Urine Test for Gonnereha and Chlymedia at 11 Days and and the Finger Prick at 9 Weeks. Both Were Negative. But I like said, Doctor said there was no need to test for Herpes, which baffled me at the time. Got an Oral Oraquick HIV Test at 19 Weeks. It was Negative.

My point is....Herpes is Very Real, But It Comes In Different Forms.

WOW!!!

BH123, doctors don't routinely test for herpes because it is not a routine test, nor are the other STDs. At just about any doctor's office, clinic, hospital, the 3 most common (or routine) tests ordered are a CBC (complete blood count), a BMP or CBMP (basic metabolic panel or composite basic metabolic panel), and a UA (urinalysis). These 3 are the most basic, most routine because they each tell the story about what's wrong with a patient (CBC will indicate any white blood or red cell disorder or indicate inflammation, infection, virus or malignacies; BMP looks at the body's electrolytes and blood glucose and nitrogen levels; UA looks at the function of the kidneys and can indicate any type of renal failure or onset of renal failure). These 3 tests will ALWAYS be ordered on new patients at any healthcare facility and on patients with a medical history. These tests are even ordered on infants and children, regardless of health complaints from the patient.

As far as herpes is concerned, it is routine on the STD panel, which is ordered when a patient complains of symptoms relating to herpes or have blisters, or on rape victims. Yes, one of the better ways to test for herpes is by swabbing an open blister, but you can also have an HSV test done using blood (although most doctors will use an open blister or fever blister for detection).

And by the way, when submitting a urine sample for chlamydia, the doctor looks for the presence of bacteria. Please know that bacteria in urine is also found in patients with a UTI so a urine test really isn't the best way to detect chlamydia. The best test used for detection gonorrhea is from a urethral swab (men) or cervical swab (women). If the test is for gonorrhea, the swab is rubbed on agar plates, preferably chocolate and/or TM (Thayer-Martin) agar because both are inoculated with the media that detects GC. Gonorrhea loves chocolate agar & will always grow on it, which means the person has gonorrhea. Chlamydia is tested differently, using tissue culture cells. T.vagnialis (trichomonas vaginalis) is the STD that is better detected in urine; you can actually see the flagella wiggling on the slide on a UA microscopic exam.

STD tests are very sensitive, very detailed, and very, very expensive (those ordered from a clinical lab or other healthcare facility), which is another reason why they are not routinely ordered on patients.

Lioness, you make my brain weep tears of joy! Thank you for the enlightenment of STIs.

WOW!!!

BH123, doctors don't routinely test for herpes because it is not a routine test, nor are the other STDs. At just about any doctor's office, clinic, hospital, the 3 most common (or routine) tests ordered are a CBC (complete blood count), a BMP or CBMP (basic metabolic panel or composite basic metabolic panel), and a UA (urinalysis). These 3 are the most basic, most routine because they each tell the story about what's wrong with a patient (CBC will indicate any white blood or red cell disorder or indicate inflammation, infection, virus or malignacies; BMP looks at the body's electrolytes and blood glucose and nitrogen levels; UA looks at the function of the kidneys and can indicate any type of renal failure or onset of renal failure). These 3 tests will ALWAYS be ordered on new patients at any healthcare facility and on patients with a medical history. These tests are even ordered on infants and children, regardless of health complaints from the patient.

As far as herpes is concerned, it is routine on the STD panel, which is ordered when a patient complains of symptoms relating to herpes or have blisters, or on rape victims. Yes, one of the better ways to test for herpes is by swabbing an open blister, but you can also have an HSV test done using blood (although most doctors will use an open blister or fever blister for detection).

And by the way, when submitting a urine sample for chlamydia, the doctor looks for the presence of bacteria. Please know that bacteria in urine is also found in patients with a UTI so a urine test really isn't the best way to detect chlamydia. The best test used for detection gonorrhea is from a urethral swab (men) or cervical swab (women). If the test is for gonorrhea, the swab is rubbed on agar plates, preferably chocolate and/or TM (Thayer-Martin) agar because both are inoculated with the media that detects GC. Gonorrhea loves chocolate agar & will always grow on it, which means the person has gonorrhea. Chlamydia is tested differently, using tissue culture cells. T.vagnialis (trichomonas vaginalis) is the STD that is better detected in urine; you can actually see the flagella wiggling on the slide on a UA microscopic exam.

STD tests are very sensitive, very detailed, and very, very expensive (those ordered from a clinical lab or other healthcare facility), which is another reason why they are not routinely ordered on patients.

On one thread there is a video of a penis to vagina surgery, and this thread features a crash course in STDs from BH of all people. Much too much.

Thank you! You done took me back to my med tech days at Charity Hospital! But uh........yea, BH123.... What in da hell were you thinking????? In the words of my children, That's cray cray:crazy:
WOW!!!

BH got the Herp...:emlaugh: j/k
:lmao:

Last edited:
Sooooooo did you ever get tested for Herpes?! :retard:

WAit...I just re-read. You fugged at a strip club off a bet to see if you would catch a disease?!

You nasty.

Well it Didn't exactly happen like I first described it SS. Me and some friends of mine went to this Strip Club in New Orleans called Temptations. So me and my friends go in, get to the bar, and have us a couple of drinks. This was about Midnightish. As Soon As We Sat Down, I looked at one of the Black Strippers dancing. She was getting it. Then one of buddies said, "I Bet You Want get em' those draws". I said, "Want To Bet?" So we Bet. As Soon As she turned around and saw us and then all of sudden, like lighting, one of my buddies turned around and said, "Hey Dude, ain't that Keisha from Robinson Hall? You know, the one who was No Draws before No Draws became a Household Name on BET?" As Soon as He said that, that girl jumped off that pole quicker than a man running home for some cutty, and ran to the backstage. She had recognized us because at Alcorn, Everybody Knows Everybody Just About. Let's just say she was one of my Freshmen Flings but dropped out after she couldn't get her books together. I told my buddy, "Yep, already than hit it :D". Buddy, turned around to me all :smug: and ha. He then said, "That Freshman Year of Yours Must Have Been Money". I replied, "Yep, Keisha was as good then as she is good now. The only difference I got to the cookie jar first and she won me some money tonight.

But yes SS, I got tested for Everything and was Negative. Out of the Blue, I just wanted to get tested to be "sure". I just thought I could share this topic with everyone because a stripper could be as clean as a soap but that women you meet at that Five-Star Restaurant could have the worse thing imaginable. Appearance should never be a factor in determining if a person has an STD or HIV. GET TESTED.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Thank you! You done took me back to my med tech days at Charity Hospital! But uh........yea, BH123.... What in da hell were you thinking????? In the words of my children, That's cray cray:crazy:

Like I said, that Stripper could be as clean as whistle while that Five-Star Model got that Monster :lol:. That's why I ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTION.

Last edited:

Had no idea you used to be a Medical Technologist....that's my profession!:tup::)

Yep, Grambling used to have an Allied Health degree program in the 80s and that was my major. I got a job working as a phlebotomist during the week and as the weekend lab tech at Charity Hospital. Drawing blood was cool but I got so dang on tired of spinning down urine and then looking for/describing bacteria, crystals and other "formations"! Well, Gram lost the program and I switched my major to biology and the rest is history...:lol:
Had no idea you used to be a Medical Technologist....that's my profession!:tup::)

Yep, Grambling used to have an Allied Health degree program in the 80s and that was my major. I got a job working as a phlebotomist during the week and as the weekend lab tech at Charity Hospital. Drawing blood was cool but I got so dang on tired of spinning down urine and then looking for/describing bacteria, crystals and other "formations"! Well, Gram lost the program and I switched my major to biology and the rest is history...:lol:

Wow!

UAPB also used to have an Allied Health program but it discontinued right as I entered my Freshman year there (back in 1990). I too was a Biology major (chemistry was my minor), and was accepted to Xavier's College of Pharmacy after I graduated, but I had 2 small children and needed to work. My very first job after I graduated was as a Laboratory Technologist at a Pathology lab in El Dorado. I went back to school in 2004 and earned my second BS in Medical Technology and graduated UAMS in 2006. At the Path Lab in El Dorado, I worked in Bacteriology/Microbiology and Toxicology; here at the VA I am a Medical Technologist-Generalist ( I rotate in different departments) and work in Micro, UA, hematology, coag, Molecular Microbiology, serology, chemistry, blood bank, and I sometimes have to go and help out in our Outpatient Lab and do phlebotomy.

Well it Didn't exactly happen like I first described it SS. Me and some friends of mine went to this Strip Club in New Orleans called Temptations. So me and my friends go in, get to the bar, and have us a couple of drinks. This was about Midnightish. As Soon As We Sat Down, I looked at one of the Black Strippers dancing. She was getting it. Then one of buddies said, "I Bet You Want get em' those draws". I said, "Want To Bet?" So we Bet. As Soon As she turned around and saw us and then all of sudden, like lighting, one of my buddies turned around and said, "Hey Dude, ain't that Keisha from Robinson Hall? You know, the one who was No Draws before No Draws became a Household Name on BET?" As Soon as He said that, that girl jumped off that pole quicker than a man running home for some cutty, and ran to the backstage. She had recognized us because at Alcorn, Everybody Knows Everybody Just About. Let's just say she was one of my Freshmen Flings but dropped out after she couldn't get her books together. I told my buddy, "Yep, already than hit it :D". Buddy, turned around to me all :smug: and ha. He then said, "That Freshman Year of Yours Must Have Been Money". I replied, "Yep, Keisha was as good then as she is good now. The only difference I got to the cookie jar first and she won me some money tonight.

But yes SS, I got tested for Everything and was Negative. Out of the Blue, I just wanted to get tested to be "sure". I just thought I could share this topic with everyone because a stripper could be as clean as a soap but that women you meet at that Five-Star Restaurant could have the worse thing imaginable. Appearance should never be a factor in determining if a person has an STD or HIV. GET TESTED.

So you were going to hit the stripper until she turned around?!

You still nasty. :vomit:

So you just fugged outside the club/parties huh? LOL

:lol:... I didn't have see what she doing when I wasn't around. Watching a chick take five penises and sticking mine in next does not appeal to me. I once watched a chick give head to about 10 dudes in a row in a bathroom in Macon, GA.

:lol:... I didn't have see what she doing when I wasn't around. Watching a chick take five penises and sticking mine in next does not appeal to me. I once watched a chick give head to about 10 dudes in a row in a bathroom in Macon, GA.

she needed muscle rub on her neck and face I'm sure...

Three things every man needs to experience in life to happliy married in life for ever. Becky, stripper and a hood chick. He who has those will never stray because they want feel left out on anything........

:vomit:

You watched?!

I just don't understand. :lol: :noidea:

Back