Even in the midst of a STORM ...

Alexxus

I will lift up the name of Jesus. GOD is such an excellent God. He has ALL power in his hand. In the midst of the storm, I uplifted his name. I thank God that he was the Pilot in the midst of the storm.

Amen.

He never fails

He doesnt make mistakes

He rewards our faith

His love is strongest when the winds blow the worst, thus our faith needs to be strongest when things are worst

People are like stained glass windows.

They sparkle and shine when the sun is out.

But, when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

--Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

my Psalm

in the midst of the storm, You are my beacon

Thy will be done O Lord

in the midst of the tempest, You steady my course

Your Grace will save me

in the midst of the torment, You deliver me

Your promises to me You always keep

Our enemy rejoices now

But the day of reckoning is fast approaching

Our enemy exults in my saddness

but he will soon be foiled in wicked endeavors

those that were ministered unto will now minister the minister

the step on faith is a stomp on our enemy's vile plans

give up i shall not - "the harder you work, the harder it is to surrender"

you seek to harm me because i have foiled your plans for others

our enemy's job is to cast doubt and confusion in the hearts and minds and souls of God's children and he does his job well

but God does His job best

the enemy is angered by my past work and continuing work with and for my brothers and sisters and i am targeted

but this target is being fitted with even stronger spiritual armor

our enemy knows that my greatest work is yet to come and that it is about to be realized so he attacks me and those that i love with all of his evil seeds of deceit and doubt

i am committed to claiming what God has promised me and i will NOT allow the enemy to deny what has been promised to me

the hedge of God's love is growing around me and our enemy is powerless to stop it

the heart that was hurt and is afraid to hurt more WILL be healed with a love sent from Heaven - the enemy is working hard to prevent that but LOVE OVERCOMES ALL OBSTACLES

I have a boundless love and devotion because Our Father gave it to me

Divine victory is imminent

the shore is getting closer and closer

the storm is fading faster and faster

hopes are rising higher and higher

our fears are cast into the water

AMEN

:D
;)

[Edited by hassan on 02-20-01 at 06:30 PM]

"GOD is a good GOD,
He's a great GOD,
He can do anything,
But Fail!
He has moved,
So many mountains,
Out of my wayyyy,
Oh GOD.....
Is a WONDERFUL GOD!!!!!!"

What a MIGHTY God we have. God is such an awesome God. We need to learn how to be like that storm, and be still in order that God may do his work. Peace be still.

no, what should REALLY be different about you is how you are BEFORE the storm

we alll have trials that we must endure so we prepare ourselves

to wait til June to get in shape for the summer doesnt make much sense - we all know that summer is coming

make that positive difference by submitting yourself to God and His Will and His Spirit and His Grace and His Love BEFORE the storms come...and that stability of self will carry you through those storms

the biggest difference after the storm will then be the example you provide for others

meditate on that .... let it sink in .....

This past Sunday, I was flying back home after attending my aunt's homegoing. I was in a very down mood because while I was away from home my dog died. Here I was trying to deal with two losts, my aunt and my dog. While in the air my mind started to wonder and I remember a story a friend once told me. I would like to share the story and may be it will provide inspiration and hope to someone when there is pain in their heart.
Once a father took his little girl to the doctor. She had a cut on her on eyelid. The doctor needed to put stitches on the cut. But for some reason he did not wish to use an anesthetic. So, he asked the little girl if she could keep still and not cry when he began to stitch up the cut. She answered, "I can, if Daddy will hold my hand." And she did not flinch once.
What good did holding her father's hand do? It did not lessen the number of sitches, neigher did it lessen the pain. Yet, if her father had not been there things may have turn out differently.
This simple inllustration suggests to me the experiences of thousands of God's children. There is a Father, strong, wise and loving, into whose hands we can slip our hands. Then, no matter how dark or painful the way, we can bear the pain without flinchig and, even in the midst of the pain, we will find peace and victory.

Thanks for sharing, JSU QUE. Just always remember that even in the midst of a storm, God is still an awesome God. I send my condolence in your losses. God Bless You.

Re: I have a question?

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
When the storm is over.
Shouldn't something be different about you?

I have been going through storm after storm for the past year...(i still tear up just thinking about it..)

However, every once in a while the sun shines and I find myself laughing and enjoying life again...then I look back on why I was having such a hard time and I'm like that wasn't that bad...point being...when you MASTER THAT STORM you have a greater understanding on the trial (situation) u just went through...it brings you closer to GOD, you spiritually/naturally grow.

And when you look back it seems so simple...like all I had to do was...Put on a rain coat(the "WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD") and trust in HIM????

We just have to remember...He will never leave us NOR forsake us...but we have to go through some trial and storms to grow...

My trust in HIM has made leaps and bounds.

Stay strong sister, u r loved

Prissy_1
Just remember that there is no storm stronger than the Lord. If we would only believe in his powers, life would be much simple and easy for us. Just remember the Lord loves you and so do I.

Back