EUR/RU REPORT EXCLUSIVE: BRANDY PREGNANT! and Married

jelli

Music Lover
EUR/RU REPORT EXCLUSIVE: BRANDY PREGNANT!
Baby Due In July
by Karu F. Daniels (New York, NY)

Brandy
(Feb. 21, 2002) I am so happy to be the very first to officially report the news that my pal Brandy ?yes, the multifaceted superstar-- is expecting her first child this summer.
The former Miss Norwood, who just turned 23-years-old last week, and her newlywed husband producer Robert Smith are readying their most eagerly-anticipated release?a bouncing baby boy or girl that should see the light of day sometime in July.

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter, who just returned from a two-week promotional tour of Europe to support her new album, ?Full Moon? ?due out March 5?tells The RU Report that she?s very excited about motherhood.

?We?re so happy and excited,? she gushes. ?I?ve always wanted children and look forward to being a mom.?

Brandy scoffs at the rumors implying that she?s not really married. She concedes that she did not want the rumor mill to turn her pregnancy into media spectacle, for she has nothing to be ashamed of, or anything to hide. That?s why she decided to talk exclusively to The RU Report.

?My fans that have been with me since I was 14 should know that I am happy, being married and having a baby. These are gifts from God.?

Brandy assures me that her marriage to the 22-year-old Smith, who is the first cousin of super-producer Rodney Jerkins (Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston), was not as ?secret? as everyone made it out to be. ?It was never a secret from my perspective,? she says. ?At the time we married, I had no projects out, I wasn?t in the spotlight so we took advantage of enjoying our time together. We?ve had such a wonderful time enjoying our privacy.?

She describes her hubby as both ?ecstatic and overprotective? of her and the baby.

With plans of fully promoting her comeback album, via tours of Japan and Canada, Brandy assures us that the baby will not slow her down ?at least not yet. ?Being pregnant doesn?t mean life stops, it means life begins.?

Boy or Girl? It?s too soon to tell but Brandy says it doesn?t matter as long as the baby is healthy. Her and Smith are taking the parent business very serious. ?We are reading a lot on parenting books and asking questions but we will let experience be our best teacher,? she adds.

When I suggest that she may be taking the road less traveled, she intercedes: ?I don?t think so, there are a lot of women who are married, having babies and careers. There are a lot or recording artists, women especially, who are married and have kids not to think about those who are in the film and TV business.? Well alrightee then.

Brandy will team up with acclaimed music video director Chris Robinson to film the video for her second single, which is the album?s the title track, in a few weeks. The first single from the album, ?What About Us,? ?produced by Jerkins-- is an infectious anthem that has hit the Top 10 on the Billboard charts.

Brandy?s mother/manager Sonja Norwood tells The RU Report she?s very happy with the news that her firstborn will deliver her first grandchild. ?All of my friends have at least two or more Grands and I?m late. I couldn?t be happier with Robert and am looking forward to that great Grand day. Rooms are being prepared and the days are not coming fast enough.?

Brandy and ?family? will arrive in Gotham next weekend to celebrate the release of ?Full Moon.? While here, she will knock out a bevy of heavy media chores including ?The Rosie O?Donnell Show,? ?The Conan O?Brien Show,? ?Regis & Kelly,? ?The Early Show,? ?106th & Park,? ?TRL? and an exclusive album release party, in conjunction with Vibe magazine. The Cover Girl model is on deck to grace the cover of the urban culture magazine?s April issue. Brandy will also do an in-store at Rockefeller Center?s FYE record store on the day of release.

?[Music] and [My new family life] both are important to me,? she adds. ?Right now, I?m enjoying the experience of marriage and being pregnant. But if I had to choose between the two, I ?d rather be a mother. Thank God, I don?t have to choose! I will continue to work before and after. As you so well know, I have multi-tasked for years, I?ve learned the art very well.?

Well here?s looking at you kid(s).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'm just glad that her mom finally let her out from under her totalitarian rule. Brandy is from MS, her dad was a famous entertainer (state wide) here...but her mom is a world class *itch. Her mom has always been the pitbull at the gate when it came to Brandy. Which is why her relationship with Kobe fell apart. Man, her moms is Broomhilda from what I hear. Im suprised she was'nt in the bedroom directing traffic and coaching when Brandy and ole boy was making dat baby.....

"Arch your back more BRANDY !!"
:D

2 Quote that Classic by my man GURU of Gangstarr....

"Your moms in our business, she's in our business.. can't you see that your moms trying to end this?"

The whole belly button ban turned me off to Brandy's mom.. I was getting flashbacks of Joe Jackson... If she was so darned strict, what the L happened to Ray J? Dude been running around half naked freakin lil kim in VIP rooms and everything... MAN!!!

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
I'm just glad that her mom finally let her out from under her totalitarian rule. Brandy is from MS, her dad was a famous entertainer (state wide) here...but her mom is a world class *itch. Her mom has always been the pitbull at the gate when it came to Brandy. Which is why her relationship with Kobe fell apart. Man, her moms is Broomhilda from what I hear. Im suprised she was'nt in the bedroom directing traffic and coaching when Brandy and ole boy was making dat baby.....

:D

Boy you some kind of crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (laughing uncontrollably):lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back