ESPN 2 to televise Troy University v Missouri.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
in my on-going quest to follow Troy University (formerly Troy State University) since so many of you blasted me for simply giving them some props for moving to Div I-A and so many of you said they would not last/do well/win or whatever, i must weigh in from time to time with updates and progress reports. Looks like Troy will be getting thursday night prime time coverage on ESPN 2 this season. I thought I heard Game Day was going to be in Troy for one of their games also, but that is not confirmed. My how far these once obscure mugz who couldn't even out-draw Alabama State at their home games v Alabama State (which I told yall why that was,, although yall did upset them on an occassion or two.) have come huh?

of coarse you have probably heard of the expansions and upgrades to the Troy facilities, the ripping of the Blue-Grey game from metro Montgomery, some state high school football activities there, as well as their major upsets of Div I-A schools in every season they have been at Div I-A. All this despight not having the fans in the seats which you people said was the reason they would not make it at Div I-A. welp, i still say their tradition of winning at every level they have been in, pride in their program/school, backing from the city of Troy/local business and the region of southern Alabama will be invaluable in making them successful. If Blakeney can get them into the winning season/bowl category, keep scheduling good competition, they just may be able to pull off another "Florida State". Even the most die-hard, anti-anything that is not a SWAC school, anti-Troy State(errr,, virtually all Alabama State mugz) mugz on here must at least acknowledge Troy is doing all the things it needs to do to become successful at Div I-A, yes? All they need is for the TrU v UAB rivalry to take root.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bartram – They played a tough schedule last year; will the weaker conference competition hurt or help Troy? They have been doing the right things to be successful; they are attempting to follow in Marshall’s footsteps. My only concern for Troy and Marshall is that the Major conferences are constantly trying to lock out the “little guys” from the big money. It will be interesting to see if the “Majors” pull the college hoops trick on them – they will play you as long as you don’t win. Once you start winning, they will not put you on their schedule.

Back