Elise Neal to leave 'All of Us'

THAMES

42b6dab5-0015c-06ddc-400cb8e1

Elise Neal

Pinching Pennies
By Jawn Murray, AOL BlackVoices columnist

Some major shake-ups just happened at UPN. Last week, news was leaked that actress Elise Neal would not be returning to her starring role as "Tia Jewel" on the struggling sitcom 'All of Us.' Hollywood had been buzzing for weeks that 'All of Us' would likely be cancelled, and most were shocked when it was announced the sitcom would get a third season.

Inside the Buzz

Elise Neal will be leaving UPN's 'All of Us,' while Flex Alexander will play a much lesser role on 'One on One,' a show he co-created.
Read Last Week's BV Buzz
Is UPN Cutting Back on Black Shows?
"The only reason that the show is coming back is because [executive producer] Will Smith asked the top executives at UPN to give the show another go," a source at the network told BV Buzz. "Otherwise, 'All of Us' would have ended this ....

link...
http://bv.channel.aol.com/entmain/buzz_canvas?id=20050617130709990001

Will Smith is trying to save the show so it can 100 episodes. Once that happens then it can go into syndication then all the actors on that show will get paid.

jelli said:
Who is Kerry Washington and isnt Nia Long on 3rd watch?

She portrayed the wife in "Ray". She also stared in "Save The Last Dance" and "Lift". AND ENGAGED TO A WHITE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :what: D@M, another one. There is no shame these days. :smh:

pbla, 100 shows used to be the benchmark for a show to be syndicated, but not anymore. Shows are starting to be syndicated after their 4th season, so if the ratings pick up, it may make it to a 4th season.

I'm sure Elise will bounce back from this, she reminds me of Holly Robinson Peete, in that she always seems to be on television. Hopefully in her next venture she can play a different sort of character. Her role in "All Of Us" was too reminiscent of the role she played in DL Hughley's show.

Personally I don't think it's a bad move, because I don't really care for the show, and Elise isn't being utilized right in her role. She's nothing but a sex kitten that's gets thrashed by the ex-wife. If she's not fighting with Dwayne Martin on how Neicey (Lisa Raye's character) treats her, then they're talking about some freaky phuggin.

The little boy is not believable, a more suitable child actor should be added; Tony Rock's character is not beleivable as a television producer, and though she looks good, I've never been impressed with Lisa Raye's acting, looks can only take you so far.

Bottom line, the acting as a whole sucks, and the show just isn't that believable. It never changes, it seems like the same show every week, and the few times I've watched it outside of the first few weeks, I never find myself making time to watch the next episode. It just doesn't interest me.

NICE

D-NICE said:
pbla, 100 shows used to be the benchmark for a show to be syndicated, but not anymore. Shows are starting to be syndicated after their 4th season, so if the ratings pick up, it may make it to a 4th season.

I'm sure Elise will bounce back from this, she reminds me of Holly Robinson Peete, in that she always seems to be on television. Hopefully in her next venture she can play a different sort of character. Her role in "All Of Us" was too reminiscent of the role she played in DL Hughley's show.

Personally I don't think it's a bad move, because I don't really care for the show, and Elise isn't being utilized right in her role. She's nothing but a sex kitten that's gets thrashed by the ex-wife. If she's not fighting with Dwayne Martin on how Neicey (Lisa Raye's character) treats her, then they're talking about some freaky phuggin.

The little boy is not believable, a more suitable child actor should be added; Tony Rock's character is not beleivable as a television producer, and though she looks good, I've never been impressed with Lisa Raye's acting, looks can only take you so far.

Bottom line, the acting as a whole sucks, and the show just isn't that believable. It never changes, it seems like the same show every week, and the few times I've watched it outside of the first few weeks, I never find myself making time to watch the next episode. It just doesn't interest me.

NICE

I agree with all you just said. :tup:

Casting is a funny thing. For example, I was turned off by The HonyMooners and didn't see, it simply because I just couldn't see Cedric the Entertainer cast opposite Gabielle Union
I feel the same way. :lol: I just can't see "chemistry" between them.

Back