Driving while......white????

s phi s

The One Man Band
Just happened across this story and can't do anything but scratch my head.

_______
Message from the Chief – Officer Complaint
January 21, 2017 / Chief of Police / Chief's Message
botter-logo-psa1-195x146.jpg

Message from the Chief – Officer Complaint – On Thursday, January 19th, 2017, Ofc. Darrell Harvill stopped a motorist for speeding on Harrison Blvd. The female pulled over and was cited for her speed. During the stop, warrants were discovered on the female for unpaid traffic tickets. The female was arrested and taken to jail. She was released shortly thereafter, after meeting with the judge and paying her warrant fees.

The female later complained to a friend about the arrest. The friend reached out to me, Chief Blanchard. As is customary with all complaints, formal or otherwise, we began an investigation into the quality of policing provided. Upon reviewing the body camera footage and event documents, I was able to speak with the motorist, Katherine Bibb-Sachse.

Katherine was upset and not happy with her treatment by Ofc. Harvill. Further, she was not happy with the court and wrecker fees associated with this event. I explained to her our process and why she had been arrested. Katherine would not be satisfied, nor would she accept responsibility for failing to take care of her original speeding ticket, which had become a warrant.

Read more here....
https://ap-police.com/chief-message-officer-complaint/
_________

Video from the arrest

Video of the phone call between the chief and this lady

Facebook post
IMG_1138.png

She has every right to be upset. She's a white (middle to upper class, judging from the Range Rover) female. I'm sure she has ran into trouble in the past, but her privilege afforded her the benefit of being able to avoid punishment. There was obviously a glitch in the justice system- one that was designed to protect and enable people like her- that allowed that arrest to happen.

If I were her, I'd be angry, too.

Back