Dr Dre has apologized to those women he assaulted

chocalate_topaz

I wanna be your lover...
He has recognized his role, admits his part and has apologized...

Dr. Dre Apologizes to the Women He Reportedly Assaulted

Dr-Dre-640x427.jpg

Dr. Dre has just apologized to the women he reportedly assaulted many years ago in an exclusive statement to the New York Times. Allegations resurfaced earlier this week when journalist Dee Barnes wrote a lengthy, heartfelt story for Gawker called “Here’s What’s Missing From Straight Outta Compton: Me and the Other Women Dr. Dre Beat Up.” It’s a review of sorts of the rap producer’s new film, Straight Outta Compton, and in the piece, Barnes details the attack she faced from Dr. Dre at a party in 1991. Now the Beats founder has apologized for that and more:

Twenty-five years ago I was a young man drinking too much and in over my head with no real structure in my life. However, none of this is an excuse for what I did. I’ve been married for 19 years and every day I’m working to be a better man for my family, seeking guidance along the way. I’m doing everything I can so I never resemble that man again. I apologize to the women I’ve hurt. I deeply regret what I did and know that it has forever impacted all of our lives.

http://www.spin.com/2015/08/dr-dre-...-times/?utm_source=share-fb&utm_medium=button

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
These broads are out for money, fame and a reality show.

WHAT does your response have to do with Dre's apology?:

I swear, one day, I'm going to get high as hell;, just fvcked up on some really good weed and reread your posts....I may understand the method to your madness and be mad I underestimated your brilliance.......o_O......

WHAT does your response have to do with Dre's apology?:

I swear, one day, I'm going to get high as hell;, just fvcked up on some really good weed and reread your posts....I may understand the method to your madness and be mad I underestimated your brilliance.......o_O......
The point is Dre said he was sorry, paid up in cash, went to jail and its 2015. These broads want fame. Screw them.

25 year after trial, conviction, payout, and aplogy, here is another apology.

is everybody that was whinning like Dre hid from this happy now or will you come up with something new to whine about. She aint getting no more dam money and Dre is not going back to jail. Lol

Dre been in the news for decades and all of a sudden the same old rap crabs come crawling back like the days of steamrollers and CDS.

I am glad DRE gave that $80 million to white folks in this case. Old Iggas and black women are his worst enemy then and now. why in hell should he give to mofos that never supported him. I dont blame dre for not associating himself with these self appointed hood leaders.

Mofos getting shot 30 at a time in the hood but black hypicrites act like Dre is the most important black target alive. Lol

Last edited:
Good job Dre. He has some good PR folks. The thing is he accepted responsibility and assessed the situation. Now these women can move on.
He accepted responsibility over 2 decades ago. But you right. They can move on now but just watch........ They wont. Lol. To much spotlight to be had while hawking that new book nobody ever heard of until now. Lol

Good response but uummm when was the last time someone said, "Im sorry" and it worked. They are normally like.. I don't care if you did it 50 years ago.. u are a loser, scumbag, and you deserve to be sued and to go to prison... Now.. sorry works?

Good response but uummm when was the last time someone said, "Im sorry" and it worked. They are normally like.. I don't care if you did it 50 years ago.. u are a loser, scumbag, and you deserve to be sued and to go to prison... Now.. sorry works?

This is true.

No matter what you do there will be some people wanting to hold you to that. Yet, it's not about them its about the change that you, as a individual has made. Some people would even go as far as to say he/she is just doing that for show because they are envious because they are unable to face the wrongs they have done.

If Dre is truly sorry it will show in his actions since that event. Hell truth be told I had no idea about this event with Dre until I read it on here.

He accepted responsibility over 2 decades ago. But you right. They can move on now but just watch........ They wont. Lol. To much spotlight to be had while hawking that new book nobody ever heard of until now. Lol

You are right...someone will always want to say "hey you know he did this." It's like people get a kick out of putting their foot on people's necks for the hell of it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Interesting dichotomy that Dre and Cube included the brutality and violence that was inflicted upon them by the police and others in the movie but left out the violence and brutality they inflicted on the women in their lives.

I hope this isn't his 1st time apologizing Lol

Sadly I think this is.

He beat Eazy E's artist Tairrie B in 1990 (24 years before Iggy blew up) because she blew off Dre about not producing any songs on her album. Did it backstage at the Grammys. Paid her off to not press charges

He beat Dee Barnes backstage after her and Cube were on video dissing Dre. Paid her off to not press charges (and the director of Straight Outta Compton witnessed it and did nothing. He has caught heat as well)

And he beat po lil Michel'le so bad that she needed multiple plastic surgeries to fix her face. Paid her off to not press charges (her interviews are on VladTV on Youtube).

Never any apologies. Plus the videos of Dre, Eazy E and Ren surfaced of them laughing it off after beating Barnes as if she deserved it for being flip in the mouth.

Look at Bill Cosby. That's proof that there's no time limitations if you are a powerful black man and have done wrong. I put all of this on Dre. If Chris Brown is still catching hell for beating Rihanna (even though she hit him first) from 6 years ago, he can't slide with beating 3 women and not apologizing until today

I hope this isn't his 1st time apologizing Lol

It is. As much as I admire Dr. Dre as a musician/producer (actually met the guy) he was guilty and lost in court then settled during the civil case. I'm glad that he has admitted it and hopefully can move on from this. He beat the shit outta that girl in front of a bunch of folks.

I don't love them hoes. I'm out the door.

To say that about women, or anyone who was a victim of violence, makes you a really bad guy, especially considering you're the one always ranting about how white people harbor disdain for minorities.

To say that about women, or anyone who was a victim of violence, makes you a really bad guy, especially considering you're the one always ranting about how white people harbor disdain for minorities.
If you didn't try to be such a captain save a broad you would know those aren't my words, but Dre's word from the Chronic, but since you weak liberals like to play victim you can't think out of the box. Liberals are truly weird people.

Where is the save a broad and playing a victim here? It doesn't matter if those chicks screwed a thousand dudes, you don't get to beat them out the frame when you wanna. When did domestic violence become okay up in here?

In_the_662 gave a pretty good rundown and NONE of those women engaged Dre in a fight...HE TOOK IT TO THEM.

And like everyone else, I'd not heard about his past behavior BUT when they make it RELEVANT again...that would be the time that the folks involved would SPEAK ON IT again.....

These folks have had LONG LASTING REPERCUSSIONS from their encounters with Dre-- blackballed, lost careers, facial reconstruction??? Oh, if they wanna talk, they should talk as long and loud as they feel they want to and need to....

his apology is a step in the right direction...it may be only from his Apple relationship...I swear I hope not and he has changed from that BS knegroit he was then......he will have some heat from this and now I understand why he was reluctant to be involved in this project. but the truth is what it is...their story was told--from what I"m hearing a lot of the good, some of the bad when they weren't the bad guys and none of the ugly when they were doing it..

Last edited:
Regardless of why he apologized, Dre apologized. It's not for any of us to speculate or assume why he did....point is he gave an apology.

I'm no advocate of violence against anyone, and as a woman, I'm somewhat biased when it comes to violence against other women. I do think, however, that anytime you compromise yourself & your morals/ethics/standards for money, fame, popularity, gain, you voluntarily leave yourself open to unwanted actions. Does this excuse Dre? Certainly not! It only shows that a person can do to another person only what they allow them to.

As for Dee Barnes, she, like the others allowed herself to be paid off and went away.......UNTIL NOW! Now, after Dre has given some restitution and has went on to become better and been married to his wife of 20(+) years, it's a problem again. What Dre did to Dee was awful; no argument there. It's no secret what Dre did nor was his abuse a secret and he admitted to it. But you'll always have people who will never allow you to move beyond the past. Whether it's jealousy of someone turning their life around or just jealousy of their improvement & success or just plain jealousy, they'll always let your past linger. I'm glad Dre apologized; I'm glad he's no longer abusing women; I'm glad he's a successful brother who's married & happy & matured.

Don't know what it was that inspired him to do so, but thank God for change & maturity.

Dre is doing what Christians do, he's repenting (apologizing)! What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander! If God was involved, he would have stopped the assaults from the get-go!

Back