Dow futures point to opening drop of 1,300 points, Treasury yields plunge amid oil price war

Olde Hornet

Dow futures point to opening drop of 1,300 points, Treasury yields plunge amid oil price war
:o

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/dow...oil-price-war-adds-to-coronavirus-stress.html

Stock futures tumbled early Monday morning as investors braced for the economic fallout from the spreading coronavirus, while a shocking all-out oil price war added to the anxiety.

As of 5:10 a.m. ET Monday, futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average indicated an opening drop of more than 1,300 points. The S&P 500 futures and Nasdaq-100 futures also indicated significant losses at Monday’s open. The sharp declines in the futures market signaled more turbulence ahead after a roller-coaster week that saw the S&P 500 swing up or down more than 2.5% for four days straight.

Amid the market turmoil, investors continued to seek safer assets amid additional fears that the coronavirus will disrupt global supply chains and tip the economy into a recession. The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note dropped below 0.5%, last trading at 0.479%.

This guy has been GREAT in his advice since the downturn.

El-Erian: US stock market could end up dropping 20%-30% when the bottom is finally reached

• Economist Mohamed El-Erian said the U.S. stock market may drop 30% from last month’s record highs before finding a bottom.
  • “This is going to be treacherous for a while,” the chief economic advisor at Allianz said.
  • “I would advise most retail investors to stay on the sidelines, not panic. There will be opportunities but they’re not now,” he said.
“This is going to be treacherous for a while. I would advise most retail investors to stay on the sidelines, not panic. There will be opportunities but they’re not now,” the chief economic advisor at Allianz said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” as Dow futures plummeted 1,300 points, oil prices fell more than 20% and the 10-year Treasury yield briefly dropped below 0.4%.

There are two stocks to get during this market sell off the symbol are INO, and GILD.

El-Erian: Stock market bottom is not in yet, despite the bounce after Monday’s historic decline

The stock market has not reached its bottom yet, even as Wall Street headed higher Tuesday after historic declines, economist Mohamed El-Erian told CNBC.

“It’s going to be very volatile but around, unfortunately, a downward trend for now,” the chief economic advisor at Allianz said on “Squawk Box.”

El-Erian’s comments came as U.S. futures were pointing to a bounce at Tuesday’s open after President Donald Trump suggested economic stimulus measured could be taken to mitigate the financial pain brought by the coronavirus outbreak.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average opened more than 800 points higher, or around 3.5%.

However, by late morning, the index sank in and out of negative territory.

CLX - has done REALLY well.

levarg - INO aND GILD - What the attraction?

Well they are Pharmaceutical Companies that’s are telling investors that they are creating an vaccination for the coronavirus the stock was doing well during the market sell off but not so much today I sold it all after it got profit

Well they are Pharmaceutical Companies that’s are telling investors that they are creating an vaccination for the coronavirus the stock was doing well during the market sell off but not so much today I sold it all after it got profit
INO is tanking now.

Yeah is tanked bad yesterday but last Friday and Monday is was doing great. I sold it yesterday right when it started to fall
Good Job! LOL! Somehow I got your suggestion of INO confused with ION and purchase a little of the latter this morning!

One stock that I have had on my Radar for the last several months now is Bluebird Pharmaceuticals. I think it is an interesting potential in the genetic diseases arena.

El-Erian sees stock market decline reaching 30% from highs as world goes into recession

The U.S. stock market will drop as much as 30% from last month’s highs as global economies go into coronavirus-driven recessions, said economist Mohamed El-Erian, who correctly predicted earlier in the week the selling would continue until a bear market was reached.

The former CEO of investment powerhouse Pimco said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” on Thursday that investors should not expect a quick recovery in stocks when a bottom is finally reached.

“We’re going to come back. We’re going to turn around, but it is going to be a difficult journey,” El-Erian said.

I am following economist Mohamed El-Erian, he has been dead on since the beginning of the year. The agent orange talking heads have been trying to get him to follow agent orange lead, but he wont go along to get along. He calls it as he sees it. I am shocked that they still talk to him live on air because he is not political, he bases his statements on his research and experience.

El-Erian: Market looks ‘less scary’ as stocks set to rebound from nearly 30% drop from highs

Economist Mohamed El-Erian told CNBC on Friday he expects trading on Wall Street to remain “choppy” but suggested that he may be starting to see light at the end of what has been a dark week on Wall Street.

The chief economic advisor at Allianz said on “Squawk Box” he’s less certain on the direction of the market than he had been throughout the coronavirus crisis.

Dow futures, reversing overnight losses, were pointing to a nearly 1,000-point advance at Friday’s open after Wall Street suffered its worst session since the “Black Monday” stock market crash in 1987. The futures hit “limit up,” meaning they can’t trade higher than a 5% gain during the premarket.

Stocks will most likely "POP" Monday due to passage and signing of the recent legislative stimulus package. Also, looks like GILD held up relatively well, as it should have, during last week's carnage. Still a great deal of fear out there and I agree that "choppy" will probably describe what to expect in the weeks/months ahead. Proceed with caution!

Back