well, but this is going to hurt the SWAC
in the long run, especially with that other
foolishness going on. Doug was setting
a certian level for talent that the rest of
us had to catch up to. Now the clocking
is ticking to see how fast we become D2
in nature.

Good Luck Doug......you wont need chapstick in Tampa

Unfortuantely, it will be very hard to fill his shoes. Doug has NAME recognition, which probably attributed to getting better recruits. He has done so much in soo little time that it seems like he's been at Grambling forever.

I will him well, but I don't expect for recruits to pick Grambling over the likes of Texas A&M anymore.

I just HATE UAPB didn't grab Spears when we had the chance. Grambling would really be in bad shape if they had lost Doug and Spears. DAYUM, DAYUM, DAYUM!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Good move for Doug.....hopefully other young talented coaches will see that the SWAC is an opportunity to get to the next level.

Re: Good Luck.......

Originally posted by JROCK
To Doug Williams in his future endeavor. To co-sign with others, I think he has left Grambling Football in much better condition than how he found it. Further, his best recruiting work may have transpired on his way out. I salute Doug for representing Grambling, SWAC, Louisiana and African Americans well!

:uzi: Geaux Doug!!!

Co-sign.
The program is in good hands

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
Unfortuantely, it will be very hard to fill his shoes. Doug has NAME recognition, which probably attributed to getting better recruits. He has done so much in soo little time that it seems like he's been at Grambling forever.

I will him well, but I don't expect for recruits to pick Grambling over the likes of Texas A&M anymore.

I just HATE UAPB didn't grab Spears when we had the chance. Grambling would really be in bad shape if they had lost Doug and Spears. DAYUM, DAYUM, DAYUM!!!
:lmao:

Doug Williams Returns!

The former star quarterback and his first NFL franchise have ended more than two decades apart as Williams leaves his post as Grambling's head coach to become a personnel executive with the Bucs

Feb. 12 - After 21 years, Doug Williams is finally back with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It is a wholly different organization in 2004, to be sure, most significantly...

Full story

Congrats to Doug. I wish him the best. I just wish we could have beat him while he was still at Grambling before he left. That's alright though, do your thing, and don't forget about us (I-AA) players looking for a shot at the NFL.

Gotta move when opportunity presents itself!!! Thanks for the brief but fond memories Doug!!! Good luck in Tampa!!!

Bartram = Florida Evans.

"D---, D---, D---!!!!!" :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

well,,, happy for Doug career-wise.

Originally posted by DAHILL
Exactly.... I was thinking the same thing.... I guess "we" can talk about our own but "they" cant..... They were telling the truth. I hope he doesnt have to make a lot of speaches.
....and I hope you don't have to write any articles......Good luck Doug and thanks for the revival. People, don't hate, congratulate.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by cat daddy
She has decided to step down as President. We are in the middle of a search for a new President.

She decided to step down? :confused: :smh:

I hope you all get someone that is going to stand up and stick by GSU as she has.

Peace!!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
She decided to step down? :confused: :smh:

I hope you all get someone that is going to stand up and stick by GSU as she has.

Peace!!!

To be more specific she is retireing. A new president will be named around June or July.

Back