Donnie Marsh resigns as head basketball coach at Alabama A&M

Probably had more to do with finances than scholarships. I could see him sticking out the reduced scholarships but if they were limiting his guaranteed money.......NOT!
AAMU coach Pettaway was a guess on the Carlos Brown show during the SWAC basketbal season. He said a lot of his guarantee money didn’t go back into his program. He was also forced to play so many guarantee games.

AAMU coach Pettaway was a guess on the Carlos Brown show during the SWAC basketbal season. He said a lot of his guarantee money didn’t go back into his program. He was also forced to play so many guarantee games.

Maybe now people around here will finally wake up...

Last edited:
Got to fund those statewide bus trips somehow!:rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong, those are needed, but not when you have a whole department with national visibility getting embarrassed on a daily basis for years on end.

Dont get me wrong, those are needed, but not when you have a whole department with national visibility getting embarrassed on a daily basis for years on end.

The lack of scholarships appears to be the key issue. You can’t compete with other conference members giving out 6 scholarships when they are awarding 13. Rectifying that should be the administration priority.

The lack of scholarships appears to be the key issue. You can’t compete with other conference members giving out 6 scholarships when they are awarding 13. Rectifying that should be the administration priority.

Six scholarships?!?!?! That's so D2-ish.

Just throw away the whole department and start over hicks should’ve been gone after firing jones for shady Spady and the pistol offense. Then you bring in a basketball coach that know how winning should be and he leave after one year. The previous women’s basketball coach was a big time loser. Volleyball was always contending. Bowling couldn’t be beat but that’s my two cents. Previously when talking about Football some A&M people on here messaged me about loyalty to the school and I shouldn’t say certain things but now I wonder how they feel. Who is next? Maynor? Once he figures out how it’s run.

Every school has problems but lord our problems stacks up high and mighty. We look like fools while other schools and least win games to cover up the problems.

Back