Does your campus have co-ed dorms?

AAMU doesnt have co-ed dorms!

but we just built Normal Hills which is a coed apt complex with about 18 buildings!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bartram

I don't think our apartments at Tuskegee are coed. That's interesting.

Why is coed dorms such a big deal (in that rarely do/did i know of them on HBCU campuses) at HBCUs and not so much at PWCs?

Are me more promiscuous than PWCs?

Does this have anything to do with the lack of co-ed regular dorms at HBCUs?

it really shouldn't matter for the upper-class since many of them, including myself move off campus, only to have as much visitation as i please. i don' t think freshman should since many of them get turned out in the first few days of campus life. they need at least 1 yr of adjusting to get a feel of adult freedom.

since many of them get turned out in the first few days of campus life. they need at least 1 yr of adjusting to get a feel of adult freedom.

Ha!:D Classic. well,,,, probably don't much matter rather they are on or off "the yard" as to rather they get turned out or not,,, but being on the yard would at least give them the opportunity to bond with the campus which is an invaluable part of the college experience. Just invaluable I say. Living on "the yard" builds (alma mater) character. :cool:

I was through with dorm life the scond half of my Sophmore year........... :rolleyes:

I found that I could pay rent and have more privacy, and have all the gurls I wanted in my house when I moved off. If someone broke a window or did something wrong in the Dorms.......no visitation for the whole dorm. And that sucks....because the majority is sufferning for the insubordiantion of the few.......

At Uapb, yes we have two co-ed dorms. One isactually split in two....girls on one side, dudes on the other....so you still have to get past the front desk on both sides.....
The upperclassmen dorms cost more, and you eitheir have to be a junior, or get good grades as a sophmore before you can even be considered to move down there ....unless you're on the football or basketball team or they run out of rooms (that's the exception). They consist of a whole bunch of complexes with 4 suites, all of which contain four rooms for double occupancy. Not as bad as the other dorms, but at times it can get just as strict and trifling.

AAMU HAD A CO ED DORM FOR A YEAR, BUT THE PREGNACY RATE WAS SOOOO HIGH, IT QUICKLY BECAME A REGULAR DORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
During my years at TN State - we did not have co-ed dorms. But, my brother and I spent most of our time at the Zoo {Freshman Dorm}:D

Our Honors Dorm is a apartment-styled dorm, and it's the only dorm on campus. THey've build a dorm that's supposed to be a transitional dorm while the others are being modified. I have heard it will eventually be co-ed. We need 1 more.

Originally posted by Sonic98
Our Honors Dorm is a apartment-styled dorm, and it's the only dorm on campus. THey've build a dorm that's supposed to be a transitional dorm while the others are being modified. I have heard it will eventually be co-ed. We need 1 more.

I meant only co-ed dorm

okay I know I don't go to an HBCU but hear me out.

At UNO we only have one dorm building so it has to be co-ed. It kind of sucks because you have 17,000 students and most of them have to find place to stay off campus ,which is more expensive, if the are not from here because we don't have more dorm buildings dorm. But we have housing for married people or people with children.

Back