Do women know what they want?

str8brave

"Da Scorpio"
Personally, I think they don't. Do you think they want nice men or men that is going to dog them out? (I purposely started this thread to spark controversy) I want to hear your arguements and opinions. I, in no way believe or practice "putting my hands on a woman" so don't get mad at me.

I think some women just like some men know exactly what they want from a relationship. I have learned to enjoy the moment. I don't expect anything from anyone. I put God first in everything I do and everything else seems to fall into place. Respect, morals, ethics, and trust are key in any relationship, but you should always keep God in the forefront. I have learned that relationships are not hard, we make them hard. We are always trying to change people to our satisfaction instead of being more tolerance of each other. I try to treat people the way I want to be treated. I am very upfront with people when I first meet them because it gives them the opportunity to stay or move on. I don't waste their time and I don't waste mine. I don't have time for games. This is my two-cent worth.

Originally posted by JSUII
I think some women just like some men know exactly what they want from a relationship. I have learned to enjoy the moment. I don't expect anything from anyone. I put God first in everything I do and everything else seems to fall into place. Respect, morals, ethics, and trust are key in any relationship, but you should always keep God in the forefront. I have learned that relationships are not hard, we make them hard. We are always trying to change people to our satisfaction instead of being more tolerance of each other. I try to treat people the way I want to be treated. I am very upfront with people when I first meet them because it gives them the opportunity to stay or move on. I don't waste their time and I don't waste mine. I don't have time for games. This is my two-cent worth.

Now this was a very intelligent answer, one I was looking for. Thanks for being straightforward, JSUII. Especially the part you said "We all trying to change people to our satisfaction instead of being more tolerant of each other." I am experiencing something and I need some opinions.:D

I personally now know what I want out of a relationship. As we get older things that were important to us when we were young seem less important.

Although it may seem that women settle for men who dog them. Men need to look at the women they are choosing. Men say they want women with this quality and that quality but who they choose to settle with is a woman who posses none of those qualities. Or they choose to dog out the woman that had those qualities then they're sitting around complaining about women.

With all our messed up way of thinking how do we ever find each other. :rolleyes:

What I don't understand is this. Now, take for example the work place. Women say they want to be treated as professionals, no harassment, no touching etc. Now when the men treat them as professionals, don't harass them, don't try to "hit" on them, then that man is thought to be gay or something.

That just burns me the the f--k up.:redhot:

Don't say you don't want me to act like a "dogg", but when I don't act like a "dogg", then something is wrong with me.:redhot:

Make up your mind my sisters.:redhot: What do yall want???:confused: :redhot:

I really don't think women know what they want.

Originally posted by str8brave
Personally, I think they don't. Do you think they want nice men or men that is going to dog them out? (I purposely started this thread to spark controversy) I want to hear your arguements and opinions. I, in no way believe or practice "putting my hands on a woman" so don't get mad at me.

[COLOR=SEA-GREEN]WISH I KNEW WHAT THEY WANTED......WOULD MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER.......[/COLOR]

Originally posted by TSU/BAMA

Don't say you don't want me to act like a "dogg", but when I don't act like a "dogg", then something is wrong with me.:redhot:

Make up your mind my sisters.:redhot: What do yall want???:confused: :redhot:
I really don't think women know what they want.

The same thing could be said for men. You say you don't want a golddiger but you're waving the keys to your car in the club. You don't want a promiscuous woman but you try to get sex as soon as you can. I personally know what I want out of a man. Someone who I can hold a conversation with, intelligent, ambitious, reponsible, etc. Some people are just caught up with all the materialistic things and they put them first instead of looking closer at the person.

NO, the question should be do MEN know what they want

It seems to me that you guys have more of a problem with this area than us women. U say one thing, but you do another. Some woman from your past messed up your head and now all women are *****es and ****. Most men don't even realize what they have in a woman, until it's too late....some don't even realize it then. :smh:

People need to just communicate their needs, wants, desires with each other and things would flow a little easier.

Let the women say amen....

Originally posted by Shamocha

The same thing could be said for men. You say you don't want a golddiger but you're waving the keys to your car in the club. You don't want a promiscuous woman but you try to get sex as soon as you can. I personally know what I want out of a man. Someone who I can hold a conversation with, intelligent, ambitious, reponsible, etc. Some people are just caught up with all the materialistic things and they put them first instead of looking closer at the person.

You preach Shamocha....you go girl..

Re: NO, the question should be do MEN know what they want

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

People need to just communicate their needs, wants, desires with each other and things would flow a little easier.

You say this but most of the time this end up being one-sided.

You said a mouthful, but women don't know how communication their wants, needs, desires in the proper manner sometimes and it becomes all about them, and they end up not compromising and considering the other person......that is called SELFISHNESS. Don't get mad women when I say this but sometimes you all can be so damn selfish.:(

Re: Re: NO, the question should be do MEN know what they want

You say this but most of the time this end up being one-sided.

You said a mouthful, but women don't know how communication their wants, needs, desires in the proper manner sometimes and it becomes all about them, and they end up not compromising and considering the other person......that is called SELFISHNESS. Don't get mad women when I say this but sometimes you all can be so damn selfish.:(

str8brave,

U R exactly right, but once again this goes both ways. I have found that men are just as selfish if not worst. It's all about them and what they want, when they want it and how....phugg anyone else involved and what they may want. We can go back and forth on this topic until the end of time. Men view us just as we view you guys.

Great points though. :tup:

I think part of the communication problem is that many girls are taught to not be aggressive and talkative, which oftentimes is viewed as pushy and nagging. Instead, I feel that we were taught to try to gauge and meld out wants and desires based on what the man wants versus what we really wanted. In short, what the man wants takes precedence over what the woman wants. This creates a communication gap-- the woman feels dam*ed if she tells him her wants and dam*ed if she doesn't.

It can take many years of pain and suffering to break out of the ridiculous mold/sterotype and dance to the beat of the song that actually playing. Accept someone for who they are. Stop trying to fit the square into the circle.

I think men and women actually DO know what they want, they just do a poor job of telling each other.

Re: Re: Re: NO, the question should be do MEN know what they want

str8brave,

U R exactly right, but once again this goes both ways. I have found that men are just as selfish if not worst. It's all about them and what they want, when they want it and how....phugg anyone else involved and what they may want. We can go back and forth on this topic until the end of time. Men view us just as we view you guys.

Great points though. :tup:

You are right, it can go both ways, but from what I have experience (don't confuse what I saying, I am not saying every woman is like this just because I have experienced this) in every relationship I have been in it is the norm. I consider myself to nice guy, very respectful (just had to put that in there LOL!) and in some cases you can never satisfy some women. Sometimes it confuses the hell out of me and makes me think a women doesn't know what she wants. I think some guys can testify to what I am saying. You can give time, give this, give that, be there and it is still not enough. In some the cases, it like the man is the only one giving. So sometimes, I must admit we get to the point, well schitt I am going to get what the hell I want. I am not making excuses but expressing what some of us men feel.

Example: She spends time with her friends having a good time, it doesn't bother me. I start to spend a little time with my friends. She says you don't want to spend with me, she don't understand. Note: At the time she is with her friends I wanted to spend time with her but I understood she wanted to be with her friends so I accepted. COMPROMISE.................:( I woman only understand sometimes what they want to understand!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: NO, the question should be do MEN know what they want

You are right, it can go both ways, but from what I have experience (don't confuse what I saying, I am not saying every woman is like this just because I have experienced this) in every relationship I have been in it is the norm. I consider myself to nice guy, very respectful (just had to put that in there LOL!) and in some cases you can never satisfy some women. Sometimes it confuses the hell out of me and makes me think a women doesn't know what she wants. I think some guys can testify to what I am saying. You can give time, give this, give that, be there and it is still not enough. In some the cases, it like the man is the only one giving. So sometimes, I must admit we get to the point, well schitt I am going to get what the hell I want. I am not making excuses but expressing what some of us men feel.

Example: She spends time with her friends having a good time, it doesn't bother me. I start to spend a little time with my friends. She says you don't want to spend with me, she don't understand. Note: At the time she is with her friends I wanted to spend time with her but I understood she wanted to be with her friends so I accepted. COMPROMISE.................:( I woman only understand sometimes what they want to understand!!!!!!!

You're exactly right str8brave, and I know women like this. All I'm saying is that we women suffer too. U R not alone. :(

This is a good topic!

This question that has been posted has given me :confused: for a long time. Too many times I have played the fool with women. I think they are nice and kind and they turn out to be B*****. I just can not seem to find " a good woman". I do better chillin and having a few females friends. Yes I would like to have more.. but I will not lower my standards or take bull Sh**.

True, true... some women don't know what I want. Why this is, I don't know. Maybe they just haven't had the chance or the time to grow. Some probably don't care to find themselves and figure out what they want. Others may be going through all options...you know, trial and error.

However, I know what I want. I figure this: if you don't know what you want out of a relationship, how do you expect a man to give it to you?

Gosh...

I understand what everyone is saying here. But I can only talk about it from a man's point of view.

(wipes forehead)

wheww... Yall women sho'll can drive us men crazy. Do yall know that? lol I've encounterd alot of women that just have a problem with communication as well. I mean....I'm the kinda person that will make room for you to just be yourself. But for some strange reason, that woman just eventually starts closing herself up and stops communicating like she should. Then, I'm fustrated.

For me......if you can't talk to me, you gotta go. Bottom line.

My pet peeve with women is running around and always telling someone else something.....without telling it me. And I'm just sitting there clueless to situations.

It's gonna get better though. I've prayed about it.

to be honest men and women dont know what they want! women want a thug that is rude and stuff on monday and a sensitive man that shows all his feelings and stuff on friday. fellas we want a hoe for our bedroom and a respectible intellegent beauty queen for the to take to church. this is just the truth from my perspective. humans r never satisfied. there have been studys to prove this. explain the 60% divorce rate? "everyone is crazy u just got to find te least craziest one!"

Re: NO, the question should be do MEN know what they want

Some woman from your past messed up your head. :smh:

See you just proved our point....... :nod: LOL

But we do need to communicate our needs much better, sometimes you just have to go for it and see what happens.

good topic...

I'd like to say that I personally can admit that I am not sure of what I want specifically, HOWEVER, I know the basis of my preferences:

1) God fearing
2) Tall (I'm 5'9 so that's reasonable to prefer a tall man)
3) Goal-oriented (because I set goals for myself every year)
4) Honest
5) Sarchastic wit (not goofy)
6) Laid back (when they're with me)
Go-tees are a plus...but not a must

That's it....Not whether he's dark as night, or bright as a banana, white, Native, or Hispanic, I'd like someone who will treat me right.
Sometimes, I have a hard time trusting men, because I've been lied to various times. It's not that I believe everything they say; but I can't stand when guys wanna pretend to be my friend, and in the end, stop communicating when they find out that you're not interested in a sexual relationship with them.

Originally posted by truthteller
Gosh...

I understand what everyone is saying here. But I can only talk about it from a man's point of view.

(wipes forehead)

wheww... Yall women sho'll can drive us men crazy. Do yall know that? lol I've encounterd alot of women that just have a problem with communication as well. I mean....I'm the kinda person that will make room for you to just be yourself. But for some strange reason, that woman just eventually starts closing herself up and stops communicating like she should. Then, I'm fustrated.

For me......if you can't talk to me, you gotta go. Bottom line.

My pet peeve with women is running around and always telling someone else something.....without telling it me. And I'm just sitting there clueless to situations.

It's gonna get better though. I've prayed about it.

Amen to this!

Originally posted by millhouse05
to be honest men and women dont know what they want! women want a thug that is rude and stuff on monday and a sensitive man that shows all his feelings and stuff on friday. fellas we want a hoe for our bedroom and a respectible intellegent beauty queen for the to take to church. this is just the truth from my perspective. humans r never satisfied. there have been studys to prove this. explain the 60% divorce rate? "everyone is crazy u just got to find te least craziest one!"
This is as a true a post to this question as any. I say this all the time...men always holla about women don't know what they want but men are just as bad. :smh:

I know what kind of woman I want.

I like a woman whose witty, sarcastic, business oriented, possess an intelligence as though she can run a fortune 500 corporation, attitude, mysterious and last and definitely not least a good down home sloppy wet koochie!

Posted by DtownJag

Seriously though, DtownJag says it all with the quote above. People are not generic, we got to ask each other about our likes and dislikes.

Back