Do the Marching Hornets ever get any love or recognition?

180 degrees

I'm a former Marching Hornet and wanted to know why no one ever seems to give them any props. Is there anything that you like about the band?:) What would make them better?:confused:

Originally posted by 180 degrees
I'm a former Marching Hornet and wanted to know why no one ever seems to give them any props. Is there anything that you like about the band?:) What would make them better?:confused:

You set yourself up for that one playa:D

Re: Re: Do the Marching Hornets ever get any love or recognition?

Originally posted by OhatheKing
You set yourself up for that one playa:D

FA SHO!!! :lol: Oha, come getcha folk!!!

Who??? Serious.. I know the Ocean, the Storm, the Jukebox, Even know valley are the devils, & the boom. but who are the Marching Hornets? Are they in the Swac? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Band Geeks Send Help.... *snicker, from the other page.*

Originally posted by docmump
Who??? Serious.. I know the Ocean, the Storm, the Jukebox, Even know valley are the devils, & the boom. but who are the Marching Hornets? Are they in the Swac?

:rolleyes:

And uh ruh, 180 degrees..............who da fcuk are u? :confused:

Originally posted by yvette23
:rolleyes:

And uh ruh, 180 degrees..............who da fcuk are u? :confused:
OK,
I got it now. :) Reading Vette's avitar.

I did not want to make anybody mad..

Another band wagon of player haters !!!!!

I won't follow the in-crowd so,.....I will just say better musical arrangements written for quality instead of volume.
You also need an element of surprise that's all your own and not imitated from another band. In the 80's ,...yall was large but,.....I don't know now. Look at some of the things that Dr. Lyle was doing and go from there!!!!

Originally posted by mmw96
Man..Vette ain't gonna do nothing.....

***Hawls azz out of here***

box2.gif

Originally posted by 180 degrees
are you even real?

I just saw Bama State last Saturday in Baton Rouge. What a turn around. This band use to be very country and boring with some fine dancers that weren't entertaining.

So much for that. The band has energy. You, like PV, are too lengthy, especially in the dance routine. A crowd's attention span is only so long. The dancers.... :) They are beyond fine now. They are dancer fine. Also, the dancers appear to have come under some new leadership and are dancing with some hip hop mixed in. Nice and entertaining.

Don't get me wrong, there is certainly room for improvement on the field. But, the presentation has come miles and it is entertaining. Keep up the progress. If so, you'll make a name for yourself.

However, you've got some work in the stands. Trombones were nice and Tubas also. Trumpets needs help. It doesn't appear they have any range. I don't recall the B-tone and F-horns. That not bad. It just mean they didn't do anything to make me say "What was that?" or "Wow! They are kicking butt", which means they are somewhere in the middle.

I guess the drummers were alright. I got tired of hearing the drumline cadance.

Just remember. The band is much better than I've ever seen them and I've seen them every other year since around 1985.

Peace!!

ASU IS ON A COME UP THEY HAVE SURPASED MANY EXPECTATIONS THAT WAS SET FOR THEM. I SAW THEM AT THE CRIB (ATL) , THEY CAME AND LAYED IT DOWNNNNNNNN . I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOIN TO PRODUCE SHOW LIKE THAT TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR; BUT THAT JUST SHOWS HOW HARD THEY BEEN WORKIN SINCE DAY ONE . ALABAMA STATE MARCHING HORNETS IS IS ABOUT TO BE A WORLD WIDE HOUSE HOLD NAME .

THEM TT BOYS (FCC ASU PERCUSSION SECTION) ALLWAYS FAHH NEVER ALRIGHT. . WILL NEVER PLAY A CADENCE FROM DRUMLINE.

''RIGHT ON TO THE REAL ,AND DEATH TO THE FAKERS"

BIG UPS TO MY MMH FAMILY
IMA HOPEFULLY BE IN THE PLACE. CLASSIC 2003 FULLY LOADED IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
Just remember. The band is much better than I've ever seen them and I've seen them every other year since around 1985.
[/B]

Since 85?? :confused: Come on, now!!! What about the early 90's? :D

Originally posted by BG IS BACK
DON'T HATE, VETTE, THAT'S WHAT THE MAN SAID, AND I AGREE!!!!!:lmao:

:insertmiddlefingersmileyhere:

And I suppose 1991 wasn't hitting on shat either, huh??? :mad: :p

Back