Do-Rags...

smallone

soulstar
Just because "slang terms" refer to Do-Rags as "Wave Caps", it doesn't mean wear the durn things literally as a cap!!!

I see dudes walking around all day with a Do-Rag on! Instead of getting a got-durn haircut, guys will wear a Do-Rag all day, everyday.....to class, the grocery store, work, Church, the Club, etc.

I'm sorry about this y'all, but I just had to release this pent up emotion...

The only time I'll wear my "stocking cap" out is when my hair is crazy and I don't feel like doing anything with it....I never wear it out by itself (in public).....always covered up by a baseball cap, or a skully...... :D

If I just get out of the shower I will dry my hair with a towel and tie on one to keep the air off my head.. I do not wear it outside of the neighborhood (meaning farther than the end of my driveway).. I think the do rag thing went out of control when they started color-coordinating them with outfits.....

I wear mines mostly right after I get my hair braided.....I don't wear it out in public though.

Sport N Waves and Murray's send help....

Man, I remember being in High School and 360 degree waves was the lick.

"L" naw, I wasn't about to rock no Jehri Curl.

But bruthas would pack their hair with Dax, Sport N Wave, Murrays or Bergamont and brush in a 360 degree pattern to get those waves formed in their head before going to bed.
Then I would wear a wave cap/doo-rag that tied around the head in the back to stay on. This was before elastic or velcro.

When you woke up that morning you had "WAVES FOR DAYS" !!

The only bad thing about it was that dauymm ring/imprint around your forhead from the wave cap that would'nt dissapear until after first period was over.:D

Back