Dish Network

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Does anyone have this satelite service? If so, do you like it? What's the difference in this and cable.

If you are considering getting Dish Network you may as well get DirectTV. I just got rid of Dish Network to get DirectTV. DirectTV is much better and and comes with more channels. And if you want to see Southern football games on CSTV you need to get DirectTV because Dish Network does not carry CSTV or ESPNU.

Dish Network also has too many hidden charges.

I hear a lot of ya'll saying that when it rains, the picture go out.

I have DIRECTTV and the only time my picture has gone out is when something like a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad storm or something like Katrina comes through.

Regular thunderstorms and rain/clouds don't cut mine off. :cool:

BTW: I would not get DISH network. Directv gives you more for the money and you can get services with DIRECT that you can't get with DISH.

staggalee83 said:
I hear a lot of ya'll saying that when it rains, the picture go out.

I have DIRECTTV and the only time my picture has gone out is when something like a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad storm or something like Katrina comes through.

Regular thunderstorms and rain/clouds don't cut mine off. :cool:

Exactly!

I may have had 2 or 3 rainouts all of last year.

Again, it has nothing to do with the rain, its depends on how thick the clouds are on any given day. Every once in a while I will lose the signal for a quick second when ever a plane flys over my house. But thats about it.

SAME OLD G said:

And if you want to see Southern football games on CSTV you need to get DirectTV because Dish Network does not carry CSTV or ESPNU.

Dish Network do carry CSTV, it's on channel 152. At this time they do not have ESPNU, but there are many cable services that do not carry it either.

I like Dish Network over Direct TV, I think the service is better and you get a better deal with them depending on the package you purchase, we have it here at work.

Fiyah said:
Dish Network do carry CSTV, it's on channel 152. At this time they do not have ESPNU, but there are many cable services that do not carry it either.

I like Dish Network over Direct TV, I think the service is better and you get a better deal with them depending on the package you purchase, we have it here at work.

They must have just added it (within the last month) because that is the reason I left.

SAME OLD G said:
They must have just added it (within the last month) because that is the reason I left.
I don't remember when they added it but I caught a little of the Bowie and Morgan State game thursday night.

SU's Finest '93 said:
Does anyone have this satelite service? If so, do you like it? What's the difference in this and cable.

Baby Diva, I'm on a project in Denver at Dish Network. It's a good company and everyone in Denver loves the service. I know they are up to their 10 millionth customer. Had a big celebration here at work. But their service seems to really suck, since they have a 100% turn over every year in the customer service dept. I'm the consultant that's going to help them with that, though.

I don't know about direct TV, but I like cable. It fits my needs.

I have Direct TV. It's a life saver. I know when I lose my signal to head to the hall, because a storm/tornado is brewing. Other than that, I have great reception...got to love that TiVo. Technology...can't live without it!!!

I work customer service for DTV... and honestly its not a big difference between DTV and Dish.... whenever a customer gets mad at one company or something doesnt go there way they just switch to the other one. BEING REAL, if you arent a big tv watcher you may as well stay with cable.... but if you have a nice theatre system, hd tv, big screen, plasma, or liquid crystal I would go with satellite because ALL of the channels are digital.. even with digital cable there are only about 50% digital channels... Satellite will make your picture look better if you have a nice tv. As far as losing signal... if you have a dvr (tivo)... record alot of stuff for those times you are having really bad weather and just watch those until the storm passes over. It takes REAL bad weather to make the signal go out.. I can count on one hand how many times I have seen the service go out and those were times when there were tornado warnings. Satellite TV is for people who REALLY watch alot of TV.... all that ish got too many channels for me... We get the Total Choice Premier package (93.99) for free and the NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, ESPN Gamplan, and March Madness.... thats too many damn channels for me... I learn about a new channel every day... That package is about 300 channels.

JROCK said:
I am suppose to get directv installed tomorrow afternoon to go with my new "pad."

:jump:

ask for the NFL Sunday TIcket new customer offer when you get installed and have to call in.... That gives you the NFL Sunday Ticket in 4 payments of 69.99... and the Total Choice Premier package FREE for 4 months. So you will have the Sunday Ticket and EVERY channel 4 months for 69.99... that pacakge is worth about $170 a month.

I had satellite tv and it went out no more frequently than cable. I now have time warner cable and it messes up during thunderstorms. (especially digital) - I have gotten used to cable again, and I do not feel like switching back...

FYI- Don't let them give you a ruddy poo receiver. I had a Sony receiver with dtv, it was lightyears ahead of that cheap stuff they give out for free...

I guess im really cheap because I dont have cable or any of that fancy stuff..:lol: I just realize that I dont spend enough time at home and my time at home is spent on my computer. It just made more since to stop paying $115 a month for cable and internet. Now I pay $30 month and spend that money on other things!!

ABE said:
I had satellite tv and it went out no more frequently than cable. I now have time warner cable and it messes up during thunderstorms. (especially digital) - I have gotten used to cable again, and I do not feel like switching back...

FYI- Don't let them give you a ruddy poo receiver. I had a Sony receiver with dtv, it was lightyears ahead of that cheap stuff they give out for free...

directv makes its own receivers now... as of now any new installation gets a direc tv receiver.... sony, phillips, etc dont make DTV receivers anymore and if you seem some in the store they are old and I wouldnt bother purchasing them.

also... dont let the brand name fool you, all those receivers do the SAME THING lol... no receiver is better than any other one... the menu and guide just may come up different.

I enjoy ALL the channels that sat offers. I don't watch this all, but I like having options. I am in the process of getting my parents to switch to sat because their cable bill goes up about every 4 months.

I just invested in a HDTV so digital is the way that I wanted to go.

DAHILL said:
ask for the NFL Sunday TIcket new customer offer when you get installed and have to call in.... That gives you the NFL Sunday Ticket in 4 payments of 69.99... and the Total Choice Premier package FREE for 4 months. So you will have the Sunday Ticket and EVERY channel 4 months for 69.99... that pacakge is worth about $170 a month.

got it! :lol:

Direct TV. TiVo is addictive though. It will have you in front of the TV for hours, never missing a show.

pv_symbiotic said:
DISH Network Now carries ESPNU. This is great news.

DISH Network Adds ESPNU to Channel Line-up

Got to watch the Miles - Stillman game on replay last night. I 'll get to watch all the Swac games now on replay at work when they come on in the middle of the night.

:rolly:

Back