Direct Deposit

Shamocha

Deserving Of Everything
Is there anyone who DOESN'T like direct deposit? As soon as it was ever offered to me I was all over it. I rarely go to a bank and I like it that way. I guess I figured most people felt the same way. We're going to a new company to do our payroll and they are trying to get everyone on direct deposit and there are a few people here who are dead set against it. I mean people who are saying they want the paper check because they have a system of going to the bank, depositing their check, and taking out money. They don't want to disrupt their routine. They are also concerned that the company could pull funds out of their bank account and various other reasons. Anyone out there still getting a paper check?

I'm a huge fan of direct deposit. It just makes $ense. I have one friend who hates it. She does not use it at her job. I was helping her with her taxes a couple of years ago and instead of getting her refund in the form of a direct deposit, she wanted a paper check. Well, not long after mailing off her paper work, people in her apartment complex started having trouble with mail. What would have been a trouble free return with direct deposit, she sat on pins and needles for about a month looking for her check. Needles to say, this year she wised up and did the direct deposit.

The way the mail runs nowadays, I try to use it as little as possible. I was temp to perm for this job and the agency that hired me did NOT have direct deposit. That was a miserable 12 weeks. I had to find a bank that was still open once I got off at 5 and got to my mail. Last week something happened with the mail and a couple of folks from one of our satellite offices didn't get their checks. They were all upset and we're on the phone telling them "if you had direct deposit this wouldn't have been a problem".

I love it.
When payday fall's on a Monday, I can go to the bank ATM on Saturday and get my money.

Best of all, don't have to stand in line waiting to cash a check on PAYDAY.
Everybody be up in the bank on that day.

I love it.
When payday fall's on a Monday, I can go to the bank ATM on Saturday and get my money.

Best of all, don't have to stand in line waiting to cash a check on PAYDAY.
Everybody be up in the bank on that day.

Co-sign.
Makes everything easier on payday.
Gotta love Free On Line Banking.

Love Direct Deposit. Soooo convenient.
Can hit the road early and not have to worry about standing in line on Fri to cash a check. Hit the road on a Thurs. and know that funds will be deposited by the time I wake up Fri morning. :happydance:

Some folks just set in their ways, but whenever they experience the inconvenince and realize they could have been doing something else with their time instead of standing lin line, they'll wise up. :idea:

At my job, we get paid on the 14th and 30th. If you get a paper check, you will have your check in hand on the 12th or 28th. WHY? Because the payroll system will show your check on the 13th and 29th and for the paper check people, they must have their check in hand at the time the system show their check.

The only problem with paper checks are they are delivered to the admin for the department you work for. If the admin is out, I don't know how they get their check.

I'm on Direct Deposit simply because I get a better interest rate or waiver of fees from the credit union.

Well I worked in payroll for about 3 years, the likelihood of something going wrong is very high with a paper check. In most situations, the ACH is in the bank 2 to 4 four days before payday. Paper checks can get lost, stolen, or destroyed before payday especially by mail.

Now I do recall about 4 years ago that the payroll system was mess up on one payday and checks didn't get into some the account until the next day. Some people were about to JUMP OUT THE WINDOW because they depended on that check that day so bad.

I've had direct deposit everysince, I've been in Corporate America. Here at Raytheon, we can see our pay advance online. We get paid everyother friday. I can see what is taken out of my account, 401k, and other places that money is being deposited on the Monday before the money is deposited.

Direct Deposit is awesome..... Personally, I got tired of having to run all across the metroplex after work to pick up a check then go wait in a drive-thru to deposit a check.

It works for me.

At my last job and my current job you have to utilize direct deposit. You have to get a waiver in order to not use direct deposit.

At my last job and my current job you have to utilize direct deposit. You have to get a waiver in order to not use direct deposit.

Not only is direct deposit encourage at my job, but they no longer deliver check stubs. Yep, check stubs are available online on the HR Payroll system and if you want a check stub, you log on and print it off yourself. My company employs about 120,000 people world wide and they said that not printing and delivering check stubs save $250,000 each year.

The last time I printed a check stub was when I bought my house 3 years ago.

Not only is direct deposit encourage at my job, but they no longer deliver check stubs. Yep, check stubs are available online on the HR Payroll system and if you want a check stub, you log on and print it off yourself. My company employs about 120,000 people world wide and they said that not printing and delivering check stubs save $250,000 each year.

I don't know if my current job delivers check stubs or not, but my last one didn't. There was an online payroll system where you could view and print your check stub also. We would get an e-mail telling us that a deposit had been made into our account for payroll and then we could go view/print check stub.

I can't rightly say when was the last time I printed a check stub.

I don't know if my current job delivers check stubs or not, but my last one didn't. There was an online payroll system where you could view and print your check stub also. We would get an e-mail telling us that a deposit had been made into our account for payroll and then we could go view/print check stub.

I can't rightly say when was the last time I printed a check stub.

No your current job does not deliver check stubs. You will have to print it off LEO. Your pay information will be ready for you the Tuesday before payday.

We have used a similar system here since 1999. If you want a paper check you have to have it mailed to your home so you are at the mercy of the postal system to get your money.

The state made it optional for sometime, then about 3 years ago they made it mandatory. A check stub is mailed to our homes or mailing address about 2 days before the deposit is made. The mandatory direct deposit also applies to the Supreme Court, so when I ad hoc every summer they put it in my account immediately.

Haven't had any problems and I love not having to chase down a check and wait in the bank line also.

Back