Did You Vote

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Voted last week

Voted Early last week.

Everyone go out and vote, make it count, especially here in TEXAS
check out hcvoter.com for more information

I was going on my conference period, but since we're testing( :rolleyes: @ Texas and all these frigging tests), I'm going IMMEDIATELY after work!

I just finished!!!! I have a ritual that I do! I have my grandfather's poll tax card that I put in my pocket every time I go to the poll! I remember stories he used to tell me about voting during the early years! I use the oppourtunity to vote as a weapon to battle the wrongs locally!!!

Don't waste this oppourtunity!!!

TEXAS PEOPLE PLEASE DO YO THANG!

Originally posted by philharmonic
I just finished!!!! I have a ritual that I do! I have my grandfather's poll tax card that I put in my pocket every time I go to the poll! I remember stories he used to tell me about voting during the early years! I use the oppourtunity to vote as a weapon to battle the wrongs locally!!!

Don't waste this oppourtunity!!!

What a beautiful tribute to your granddad and inspiring story for us all!

I am going after work and taking Superstar with me. He loves to go in the voting booth, but that drives me CRAZY! :rolleyes: Especially since we have 12 friggin' Constitutional amendments to vote on. I am taking my "poop" form LA PubliC Affairs Research Council with me so I can vote in 5 minutes with this bad ass boy saying, now Mama now can I push the button NOW?

Any other Louisianians who need HELP with all those amendments, go to www.la-par.org. It gives a synopsis of each amendment and tells you what a for or against vote will mean.

Re: TEXAS PEOPLE PLEASE DO YO THANG!

Originally posted by Seeing Spots

I am going after work and taking Superstar with me. He loves to go in the voting booth, but that drives me CRAZY! :rolleyes: Especially since we have 12 friggin' Constitutional amendments to vote on. I am taking my "poop" form LA PubliC Affairs Research Council with me so I can vote in 5 minutes with this bad ass boy saying, now Mama now can I push the button NOW?

Any other Louisianians who need HELP with all those amendments, go to www.la-par.org. It gives a synopsis of each amendment and tells you what a for or against vote will mean.

SS, I also take my boys with me when I go to vote. It is never to early to get them involved in the political process. As a kid, my parents always took me and my sister to vote. They would let us, pull the lever in the booth. Now I get to do the same with my kids.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The voting was hot and heavy this morning in Valley Ranch at Tom Landry Elementary School. The ofays were out in numbers. I was the only knee-grow in line at 7:30am.

<marquee><font size=6>Vote for Ron Kirk!!!!</font></marquee>

:tup::tup:

I voted!!

This morning before I came to work in the pouring rain; it took every bit of 10 minutes and I still got to work on time........and everyone in line was a person of color, so that's a good sign. :D

yYes I got my vote on first thing this morning and will be reminding everyone that a vote is a terrible thing to waste

I will be on my way after work. Our polling place is at a predominatley white retirement home and I get a kick out of going there and seeing the look on their faces. They always double check my DL ( people say I look younger than my 33 yrs.). I walk in there with my head up like WHAT...a young black man can't vote.

Back