Did God bless Grambling the most last year?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Religion in sports today is very prominent from players pointing to the sky any time they do something good to group prayers after games. There is increasingly the customary, "giving all praise to God,,,"/etc. at the onset of any interview. Some players go as far to imply that there is a higher explanation for them winning or losing.

When it comes to religion/prayer and sports, I would ask, does your team win because you/your fans pray or live right more so than any other team? Further, does God really give a hoot about who wins a worthless football game as opposed to something like, say, rather or not a female is raped walking down the street or there is enough rain to grow sufficient crops in some country where people's lives depend on growing their own food and/or raising their own cattle for food?

Take Grambling and ASU for example. Would you say that the reason Grambling won the SWAC Championship was because they have more players who are truely saved than does Alabama State? Ok,,,, so what if the number of truely saved on GSU and ASU's teams were equal, then what's the tie breaker? who is more sincere or who sinned most recently and did not ask for forgiveness? Further,, are we to assume that since GSU and ASU got to the championship that those teams have the moe-est truely saved individuals on their teams?? :confused:

Bartram, forgive me if I don't understand where you are coming from. But I will say this: It rains on the just and unjust alike.

God let thy will be done. Thy will........... be ..............done.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think it is a shame that people do things like this because it negates the
whole concept of what God is. I see no reason to give praise to God for
something so silly. Why not pray for your health, for your family's health,
and for the health of others. Pray for food for the needy, housing for the needly. :idea:

I think the subject is apro pos on any of the three.

The reason being, there was a really outstanding discussion of this subject yesterday on sports talk radio and a piece done on HBO Real Sports by, I believe, Jim Lampley.

He did the piece because of the growing presents of religion in the locker room and was discussing some instances on some NFL team where an agnostic got blasted for questioning his team mates when they commented on a field goal missing,,, something to the effect that it was God's will,, etc.

The agnostic came under fire for being a devil worshipper, going to hell,,, etc.

I was posing the question on the HBCU level since, as black folk, we are pretty religious by nature and there has been a huge surge in religion on college campuses and among young people. That's where I'm coming from.

To one of the replies; bluebengal, my sentiments exactly. I think you nail it right on the head.

Back