Did anyone see Dick Clark's New Year's Eve Special?

BIFF

BEHOLD!!!!!!!!
Did anyone see Dick Clark on his New Year's Eve Special?

What are your thoughts? I felt SADNESS and PITY. Like sports legends who stay "in the game" for to long....It was painful to witness.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not that he's a spring chicken, but he looked much older. He didnt look too bad, but his speech was too slurred to host a television special in my opinion. At times he sound like Kirk Douglas. One could easily tell he has been through much.

What do you expect him to sound like?!?! He had a stroke December 6th of 2004!! He had to learn to walk and talk all over again. Do you expect him to come back like Tedy Bruschi or something.

Dick Clark is a staple of New Year's celebrations. I'm quite sure that more people were glad to see him back than were saying he should have stayed where he was.

Antroy said:
What do you expect him to sound like?!?! He had a stroke December 6th of 2004!! He had to learn to walk and talk all over again. Do you expect him to come back like Tedy Bruschi or something.

lol. Same old Antroy. In your eargerness to get into defense/debate mode you got things a tad bit out of scope. I simply asked for opinions on what you SAW. SHEESH!!!

Antroy said:

Dick Clark is a staple of New Year's celebrations. I'm quite sure that more people were glad to see him back than were saying he should have stayed where he was.

Oh, okay.

So this makes it LESS sad.

Gotcha! :tup:

Tell me what did I get wrong? You said it was like a sports legend who stayed in the game too long. I could see if he was in perfect health and he was just there because he had nothing else to do but he missed last year due to a massive stroke and he wanted to come back this year. If anything, you should be saying that it was good to see him even try to come back.

Maybe yall have never personally seen what a stroke can do to somebody but I have. I had a family member suffer two of them and I know what they can do. To see him come back on TV even in the condition he was in was a good thing.

I saw it...was amazed at how a stroke could affect you but at times, they deliberately sped it up when he got mumbled and literally rushed the New Year...they should've worked in him real slowly

Antroy said:
Tell me what did I get wrong? You said it was like a sports legend who stayed in the game too long. I could see if he was in perfect health and he was just there because he had nothing else to do but he missed last year due to a massive stroke and he wanted to come back this year. If anything, you should be saying that it was good to see him even try to come back.

Maybe yall have never personally seen what a stroke can do to somebody but I have. I had a family member suffer two of them and I know what they can do. To see him come back on TV even in the condition he was in was a good thing.

My father had a series of strokes and episodes of congestive heart failure for a decade until he finally died, so I, for one, know PERSONALLY what they can do to a person.

I thought it was nice to see him onstage, because it showed that he had the desire to show others his remarkable recovery. Given that he almost died, I thought it was rather remarkable that he was even onstage.

Antroy said:

The sports comparison was simply a metaphor Antroy. When Icons such as Dick Clark (and countless others in various professions) are reduced to former shells of themselves it's sad to see. Im' almost certain 99.9 percent of us PERSONALLY know what a stroke can do and are familiar with the rehabilitation process. OF COURSE it's good to see him try and come back. Im' not a heartless villian mayne. Feeling pity and sadness was not a crime last time I checked. Seeing him better WAS a good thing. The way he clearly LABORED as a television host.......not good. As stated earlier, it was sad FOR ME to see.

This reminds me Spike Lee's Mo' Better Blues. Remember when Denzel's character (Gleek) was knocked in the mouth/lips with his trumpet? Remember when Gleek went onstage and tried to play a solo afterwards? For a moment I thought he was gonna nail it. Tragically his chops couldnt' handle the task and thing he loved doing most was NO MORE. I felt the SAME type pity and sadness then. (and THAT was fiction.) No disrespect mayne. Just sad to see. Hope ya feel me. I can't explain it any more clearly.

Back