Democrat V.S Republican ????

M

Makaho Bedrock

One time there was a young teenage girl that was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and her father was a rather staunch Republican. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to programs like welfare.

He stopped her and asked her how she was doing in school. She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA but it was really tough. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party and often went sleepless because all of the studying. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of all her studying.

He then asked how her friend Mary, that was attending the same college, was doing. She replied that she was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied. Was very popular on campus and was at parties all the time. She often wouldn't show up for classes because she was hung over.

He then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and ask why she couldn't take 1.0 off her 4.0 and give it to her friend that only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a 3.0 GPA.

She fired back and said "That wouldn't be fair, I worked really hard for mine and my friend has done nothing !!!".

After a moment of silence, she replied, "I guess I will never vote Democrat again.

:D :D :D

To all you republicans, that helped me to win
I sincerely like to thank ya'
Cause now I got the world swanging from my nuttzz
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta............

George H.W. Bush
Geto Boys

tea-party8.jpg

Both political parties provide handouts. Its about the role of government.

Originally posted by J C
Both political parties provide handouts. Its about the role of government.

You are egg-zackly-fuggin rite. However the party on the left gives hand-outs that make you need more hand-outs......

The party on the right gives hand-outs that lead to building wealth (defense contracts, construction, etc.)........

Let Master Po tell you young Grasshopper......

039_44363.jpg

You see grasshopper, when things appear to be the same, upon closer look you will see a difference: a house and an apartment both provide shelter - but one adds to wealth and is transferable and the other does not..........stay away from the the shaught (short) cheese

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER

CLASSIC VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. Grasshopper has no food or shelter so he dies out in the cold.

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so? Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing "It's Not Easy Being Green." Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton stage a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing "We shall overcome". Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Al Gore exclaims in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and calls for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share". Finally, the EOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Ant Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary Clinton gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried, before a panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients. The ant loses the case. The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

VOTE REPUBLICAN !!!!

Republicrat, Democan, whatever.

It never ceases to amaze me how you people buy into the "us vs them" smack run by both parties. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is neither the Republicrats nor the Democrans have all the right answers.

This is a country of choosing sides and competing, so my diatribe here is meaningless, but I'll just say people should uses their own judgement in politics and not buy into all this bullcrap polarizing by both sides. Use your common sense on issues. If you do that, there is no way one side can always be right.

Let the republicrats handle defense/war and let the democans handle domestic/economic issues. The republicrats will do what needs to be done to assure the ultimate survival of the nation(kick terrorist/hostile nation a$$ if they so much as spit on American soil or equipment, blast stupid mo-fos like N. Korea and other despot countries who would like to take out the U.S.), and democans will take car of the people in the nation that survives (guarantee clean water, clean healthy food, health care, save the rivers and trees that are left, keep whatever the latest undesirable group is in the U.S. from getting their a$$es kicked by disgruntled locals who control money and politics and brainwash local scrubs into believing that all their problems are because of the latest undesirables to enter the country, etc) . It's not that simple, but generally, das it.

When will sensible people from the rational elements of the republicans and democrats speak out and stop letting these frindge elements polarize the nation into two waring camps full of BS because everything they do and every decision made is simply based on opposing the other side and not common sense?? :redhot:

Anytime I see a Black Republican speaking on TV, he or she gets my full attention.

I also read an article today about the Republicans. Now I am going to be entertained by our Republican Gov on a daily basis.

This guy tried to get the ProTempo of the Senate replaced, but lost 19-16 and old Johnny Ford left the democratic party for the republican party. Then PBS had a black democrat (Mitchell Mobile) debating (Johnny Ford on TV Republican Macon Tuskegee). I was entertained for about two hours.

Alan Keys has nothing on Ford and that new Black Republican Lt Gov (Maryland ??)

But this is how I get thru the day.

Ford sents a telegram to Bush one week after becoming a republican opposing his position on affirmative action. He sold his soul to Bob Riley. The people of Macon County who elected him are very upset. His district voted 90% democratic in the past election. This will be the last time he will be elected from that district. Former Alabama Speaker of the House, Jimmy Clark once told me the difference between a Democrat and a republican in Alabama was the county line. It all depended on your district.

Back