DaHill......I see empty seats at a AAMU/ASU game

People may not have taken their seats, but the game was solded out. I was there and you could not get into the dome unless you had a ticket.

Joe Reed Acadome
bama+st+001.jpg

END of girls game
bama+st+011.jpg

2nd half of boys game

bama+st+013.jpg

now do you see what I mean

sorry but it would only let me link the pics instead of making the pics come up... click on the link and it will take you to the pic.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Part of this thread is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway, last year an estimated number of over 15000 (with an official number of 13100) saw the PV-TSU games. This year those numbers maybe surpassed even with PV having a very bad year.

But still, part of this thread is the pot calling the kettle black. It is a lesson worth learning.

BTW when one adds parking and concessions, it costs a good bit of money to see a game at the Toyota Center. :eek:

Originally posted by EB
But still, part of this thread is the pot calling the kettle black. It is a lesson worth learning.

how??? THE DAMN GAME SOLD OUT..... last year both games sold out.... about the same amount in Montgomery and over 10,000 in Huntsville (announced attended was 7800 PAID attendence) and first 3000 students got in free.

Originally posted by TSU/BAMA
You know, DAHILL, there is a possiblity that what you said is the truth. I will give you the benifit of the doubt. But you would not do the same for us. I think that is the point that the Houston posters are trying to make. You gave the reason why your seats were not filled. Cool. But when any of us THIRD COAST or Houston posters give reason why our seats are not filled, you would say we are just making excuses. You know this. But it all good. :lmao:

I cosign.

I triplesign. :lol:

Mighty Dog,

You've had one too many cans of Lone Star beer.

DAHILL,

All I see when I try to open those links is....

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

:lol: :lol:

Tell you what...

Here are actual photos from this past year's Labor Day Classic.

Check it out!!!! No lie!!!

www.potcallingthekettleblack.com

To be honest, we actually had 98,765 in attendance, but it was some shady "under the table" head counting going on with the Reliant Center.

:lmao: Can't believe you fellas are posting about whether a dayum game is sold out or not.Lol!!!!Wassup MD good talking to ya Saturday.

Originally posted by BgJag
Isn't that the case in most events or just in bama?

You cannot wait until game day to purchase your ticket, you must already have a ticket prior to the game. Therefore, many folks were on the outside trying to purchase tickets. :D

AAMU and Alabama St are the only two SWAC Schools that can sell out a basketball game.

Originally posted by MightyDog
AAMU and Alabama St are the only two SWAC Schools that can sell out a basketball game.

How much hardware btw the two y'all have??

Originally posted by MightyDog

Can they sell out a game in a 15-24K arena when the game will be on TV?

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Prove it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Maroon & Grey
what the hell is MD talking about?

We had 10K in an 8,100 seat gym last year?

The fire marshal will not allow you to exceed compacity.

Here is what we mean by sell out. If you have 100 seats and you sell 100 seats it is a sellout. Seems like someone was saying to people walking up is give me ten dollars and come on in if you sold 1900 seats that you did not have.

Fire marshal send help :D

how you know it is a sellout at TSU or PV

people spill onto the floor and cause the shot clock to go out (TSU)
the building AC stops cooling people off
the press area is not easy to navigate

there were 10K but 8,100 was listed....people with tickets did not get in.

Our folks sit down unlike you all

ASU/A&M game

The game was a sellout. I purchased 6 tickets on Wed. I had numerous inquiries about ticket on Sat. There were done available. My wife and I left after the ladies game. So there were two empty seats for the televised game. We figured that the women would put on a better show. I was impress with the dawgs' lady team.

ok...you left after the women's game...nevermind..too easy

someone on the other board mentioned the sight lines in the dome made the game appear empty. There were empty seats all over the place. Why don't folks sit down?

Originally posted by the band fan
ok...you left after the women's game...nevermind..too easy

someone on the other board mentioned the sight lines in the dome made the game appear empty. There were empty seats all over the place. Why don't folks sit down?

In the second half the game WAS empty... nothing to do with site lines. And I have told you why people left.... take it how you want to...This happens every year, so it is nothing new.

Just like the Magic City Classic, a lot of people go there to socialize. I remember last year when the greeks left the game during the third quarter, a mass exodus of students left too. The only way you are going to keep people's attention at an ASU/AAMU game is to have a close game.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Can I work the door for the next AAMU-ASU game. I will get the seats filled.

For a school who had only 275 in attendance during the AAMU/JSU Basketball game, I believe they can use your help in Jackson. :D

CLEB:

Originally posted by C-LeB28
I triplesign. :lol:

Mighty Dog,

You've had one too many cans of Lone Star beer.

Don't forget the Lone Star Beer you owe me because Jones scored 73 points on TSU and helped achieve the objective you have had for years.

Back