Cutting Cost and Cutting Back

ThrowForSix

See the Excitement
I recently reviewed my budget and expenses. I've come to the conclusion that there are things I/We can cut back on. Like . . .

Expensive meals - We will do more "all you can eat" Places
Weekend meals out - We are going to eat at home on Fridays
Driving places I don't need to go - Making a list and the short route and sticking to it
Cutting back at Sams Club. Cutting out paperplates, plasticware, snacks and other misc stuff NOT on the list
Orange Juice at $4.00 a gallon - Starting buying it every two weeks instead of every week
Reduce the Cable bill - We got every dayam channel they offer. We just don't need them
We switch from local phone service to vonage, which saved like 30-40 dollars amonth
We switched from Reliant to TXU and we probabley could switch again to a lower electric provider
Also, we could unplug a lot of stuff, it using power just sitting there waiting for us to use it.

All that little stuff adds up. I figure I could save at least $400.00 a month just cutting that stuff back

Anyway, that some of my things. What about you?

Well with a baby, we have cut back on entertainment. Movies, festivals, and food have been drastically reduced.

I plan to revamp my cell phone plan, as soon as we relocate this summer.
Home phone, I have thought about vonage, but I am just not comfortable with the internet phone service. Maybe its just me.
The biggest change I will have is moving back South this summer and getting more house than I have right now for about 100K less than what my current house cost. That will be about 700 in savings every month!

Now with the cable, you are on your own. I love TV, and I love having multiple channels.

I am looking to do some cutting back. I don't drive unless I have to and my grocery store in on my route home from my job.

I am looking to get new insurance (home and auto) when it is time to renew.

I just recently switched power comapnies and In my light bill has been cut almost in half.
I don't have a home phone but I am looking to switch my cell plan to an unlimited minutes plan. I think I will come out even with this switch but I won't have to worry about overages anymore. ( especially at the end of the month).

I've never used coupons in my life but I'm going to start. I worked at a grocery store in high school and this asain lady used to come in once a month and get $400 worth of food, and pay about $50 for it. Coupons...

Back