CUBA!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hassan,

Let me say this. I have no problem with you being a citizen. some of my words may have been harsh but my feelings toward Castro came in to effect and if you felt that I was purposely bashing your ethnicity I was not and if you took it as so, I apologize.

Now I do feel that if you still have your Cuban citizenship that you would benefit your country to aide them in the negotiations. One thing I do personally push for is those negotiations and if I could only tell you what we discuss over in that building near Crystal City or over at the DIA when the subject of Cuba comes up.

Sweet, your argument that funerals have to take place before anything positive can happen between the United States and Cuba is historically flawed. If anything, the historical record - as it continues to emerge from out of the maze of classified information - reveals that funerals actually kept diplomacy from taking place.

To whit, RFK against blockade.

Also, a person who does not get enough credit for fostering and maintaining hostilities between the two countries is Henry Kissinger.

It is also important to note for the record that if any country has been aggressively hostile in threats and actions towards another, it has been the US threatening Cuba and not the other way around. Just glaring example of how the US is the danger, the destabilizing force: Luis Posada Carriles, a person who has been refused entry by six different countries.

The papers also reveal that an FBI informer "all but admitted" that Mr Posada was one of those behind the 1976 bombing that killed 73 people.story

more

still more

No one warned Cuba or potential passengers of the impending attack. George Bush, Sr. was the CIA Director at the time of the bombing. He was Vice President when Posada was allowed to escape from jail during his trial in Venezuela (CIA bribed his guards when the evidence started to implicate them) and report to Col. Oliver North in El Salvador to work on the Nicaraguan Contra supply operation being run out of the White House. Bush, Sr. was President when he pardoned Bosch against the recommendation of his own Justice Department, thereby harboring him in Miami. link

What is the bombed flight that continues to be referenced above? Cubana 455

Interesting piece on how our government tells us there are monsters under our beds

So, who's really a threat?

Hassan let me define what is meant by funerals taking place. This means that old ways of thinking must be completely taken out of the loop, including the Castros. Now if you are saying that the US is the threat the Cuba, then keep believing that because you are living proof that a Cuban can achieve in the US if you come to the counrty correctly.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
What makes Cuba the focus of this Economic boycott?

There was a nice Cuban missile crisis that quickly comes to mind.

The missile crisis made Cuba the target of the embargo?

Are you sure?

October 19. U.S. imposes a partial economic embargo on Cuba that excludes food and medicine.

September 4. The Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 passes in the U.S. Congress. It prohibits aid to Cuba and authorizes the President to create a "total embargo upon all trade" with Cuba.

February 7. President Kennedy broadens the partial trade restrictions imposed by Eisenhower to a ban on all trade with Cuba, except for non-subsidized sale of foods and medicines.

March 23. President Kennedy expands the Cuban embargo to include imports of all goods made from or containing Cuban materials, even if made in other countries.

August 1. The Foreign Assistance Act is amended to prohibit aid to "any country" that provides assistance to Cuba.

October 2. The U.S. government cables all Latin American governments and NATO countries new measures to tighten the economic embargo against Cuba. As of today, the transport of U.S. good is banned on ships owned by companies that do business with Cuba.link

The Cuban missile crisis took place in late October 1962.

You know, we already know you are full of isht - dont feel so obligated to continue to prove it.

PS - if you want to focus on causes of this and that, the missle crisis could have been avoided. The Cubans only allowed the Soviets to place missiles there after the US-sponsored invasion of Cuba at Playa Giron (Bay of Pigs) in April 1961 as well as the numerous acts of terrorism against the Cuban people vis-a-vis Mongoose and the CIA-funding of terrorists holed up in the Escambray Mountains.

Originally Posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
I love America simply because of what was posted on this thread. Now, do Cuban citizens have this same right?

DSN, you get to the fncking bottom line with that question.

Hassan did you read this? Also why are Cubans still packing on boats sailing to America if Cuba is this great melting pont and America is the zionist country that hates Cubans?

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Now if you are saying that the US is the threat the Cuba, then keep believing that because you are living proof that a Cuban can achieve in the US if you come to the counrty correctly.

No, you, as usual, you've got it backwards: if the US was not a threat to Cuba, if the US was not working actively (covert and overt) to destabilize Cuba i would not be in this country to begin with. If the US had minded its own dadburn business and not interfered with the affairs of a sovereign nation, a whole bunch of folks would not have had to come to this country.

So yes, i am living proof ... living proof of how, when it comes to making someone else's house unlivable, no other country is a bigger home-wrecker than the good ole' USofA.

hassan said:
No, you, as usual, you've got it backwards: if the US was not a threat to Cuba, if the US was not working actively (covert and overt) to destabilize Cuba i would not be in this country to begin with. If the US had minded its own dadburn business and not interfered with the affairs of a sovereign nation, a whole bunch of folks would not have had to come to this country.

So yes, i am living proof ... living proof of how, when it comes to making someone else's house unlivable, no other country is a bigger home-wrecker than the good ole' USofA.

So all you problems stem from the policies in place by the US but you remain here and pay taxes here?

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
...why are Cubans still packing on boats sailing to America ...?

Another common misconception about Cuba is that most if not all Cubans spend every waking hour trying to escape to the United States. Of all of the people I spoke with in Cuba, only one was actually trying to get the United States. Most Cubans that expressed any opinion on the matter, in fact, communicated what amounted to a non-negotiable desire to stay at home....

Probably the easiest thing to find in Cuba is its greatest natural resource which is the unconditional humanity which Cubans so easily and generously offer to even the most remote strangers. There is a saying in Islam that Allah gives to mankind without measure. If emulating the Almighty is salvation, then Cubans recreate Heaven every moment of the day. Instances and examples of Cubans giving a lift, lending a hand, giving a warm hug, planting big kisses on one?s cheek, extending a heartfelt greeting, offering a kind word, breaking bread, gladly giving timely advice or directions, or flashing a bright, bright smile are too numerous to share in this one article. This genuine sense of community, the community of humanity, is so deeply-ingrained in life in Cuba today and is probably the single biggest reason why the many Cubans that told me they want to stay in Cuba choose to do so.

Returning to the question of Cubans that do and do not want to leave Cuba for the United States, many Cubans know that, by virtue of an act of Congress, the U.S. has 25,000 slots for Cuban immigrants open annually. An important first step in this immigration process is to stand in line ? for hours at a time ? at the U.S. Interests Section in Havana. To submit an application, a Cuban must pay a non-refundable application fee of one hundred dollars to officials at the Interests Section ? a considerable sum in a country where 27 Cuban pesos equals one U.S. dollar. Most applicants, by the way, are turned down flat by the U.S. government ? after having paid the application fee.

When one takes this into account along with the undeniable influence of dreaming dreams based on stories from people in the United States and the images prevalent in North American movies, for example, and the natural human tendency to be convinced that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, is it any wonder that there are Cubans that try to come to this country? After all, most of the Cubans that left Cuba in hopes of landing at least one ?dry foot? on U.S. soil interviewed and quoted for news stories in North American press cite motivations rooted in economic foundations to explain why they sought to become one of the teeming masses.

Of course, there are those ? mostly in Miami and Washington and who have a lucrative vested interest in convincing us of the following ? that insist that Cubans leave Cuba because they hate Fidel Castro the communist. Yet, more Mexicans opt to take the dangerous desert crossings where the climate, the topography, the flora & fauna, bandits, vigilantes, and the vastness of the American ?Southwest? make survival anything but a certainty than Cubans that take the ninety mile crossing to the United States or the even shorter one to the Bahamas. Is Vicente Fox a communist? If so, does his patron in Crawford, Texas know about this?
link

More one more for the Baby-Kiler et al who insist on believing the lie that Cubans hate the US:

...there is no intelligent basis for any American to be any more afraid of anything in Cuba than a Cuban living in Cuba. While Cubans are certainly aware of their country?s history of being on the receiving end of North American abuses (which, as historical and contemporary accounts easily demonstrate, puts them in company with many nations throughout the developing world), an American is more likely to have someone from Canada heap scorn upon them because of his or her nationality than to have a Cuban do so.
link

What else do you want to know J.C. Watts?

hassan said:
What else do you want to know J.C. Watts?

Actually, after noticing how many different points that Sweet is refusing to even acknowledge, the question should be, what else do you want to ignore?

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
That's true. Also another difference is many people from India have been welcomed in to the white culture. How many people from India do you see dating or hanging out with Black people?

3 of my friends are Indian..... with 2 of them being born in India the other here in the US. Some are really some cool folks if you get to know them.

Carry on with the Cuba discussion. Interesting dialogue. I am not going to comment since there are things from my Naval days that I was privy to that I know isn't a lie about the place.

JR said:
I am not going to comment since there are things from my Naval days that I was privy to that I know isn't a lie about the place.

JR...as I have told Hassan there are a lot of things that go on behind closed doors that he has no idea of.

Hassan, if you love Cuba so much...go back. I'm just confused as to why you have so many problems with America, but you stay here.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
I'm just confused as to why you have so many problems with America, but you stay here.

Confusion has a lot to do with ignorance Sweet.

I never realized that expressing grievances was a problem in a democracy.

I guess i can blame that on being misled by things like the following:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. link

Silly me - man, it's a miracle i can even speak the language here!!

God bless America!!!

hassan said:
Confusion has a lot to do with ignorance Sweet.

I never realized that expressing grievances was a problem in a democracy.

I guess i can blame that on being misled by things like the following:

Silly me - man, it's a miracle i can even speak the language here!!

God bless America!!!

Hassan, if you are an American citizen why did you denounce your Cuban citizenship?

More on Cubas debt.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/cu.html

The country is now slowly recovering from a severe economic recession in 1990, following the withdrawal of former Soviet subsidies, worth $4 billion to $6 billion annually. Cuba portrays its difficulties as the result of the US embargo in place since 1961. Illicit migration to the US - using homemade rafts, alien smugglers, air flights, or via the southwest border - is a continuing problem. The US Coast Guard intercepted 2,712 individuals attempting to cross the Straits of Florida in fiscal year 2005.

chief of state: President of the Council of State and President of the Council of Ministers Fidel CASTRO Ruz (prime minister from February 1959 until 24 February 1976 when office was abolished; president since 2 December 1976); First Vice President of the Council of State and First Vice President of the Council of Ministers Gen. Raul CASTRO Ruz (since 2 December 1976); note - the president is both the chief of state and head of government
head of government: President of the Council of State and President of the Council of Ministers Fidel CASTRO Ruz (prime minister from February 1959 until 24 February 1976 when office was abolished; president since 2 December 1976); First Vice President of the Council of State and First Vice President of the Council of Ministers Gen. Raul CASTRO Ruz (since 2 December 1976); note - the president is both the chief of state and head of government
cabinet: Council of Ministers proposed by the president of the Council of State and appointed by the National Assembly or the 31-member Council of State, elected by the Assembly to act on its behalf when it is not in session
elections: president and vice presidents elected by the National Assembly for a term of five years; election last held 6 March 2003 (next to be held in 2008)
election results: Fidel CASTRO Ruz reelected president; percent of legislative vote - 100%; Raul CASTRO Ruz elected vice president; percent of legislative vote - 100%

-----------------------

I have never someone voted to office with 100% of the vote.....

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
The US Coast Guard intercepted 2,712 individuals attempting to cross the Straits of Florida in fiscal year 2005.

BusinessWeek said:
Around 1.5 million illegal Mexican immigrants are captured and returned annually. Still, hundreds of thousands more slip into the U.S. undetected each year. urlnk

Maybe there are so many more Mexicans coming to the US because Vinny Fox is a Marxist ... or because Mexico owes money to the Russians ... or to the Americans.

immigration to the US from other countries - a comparative analysis

Cuba
180px-Dripping_faucet_1.jpg

Mexico
Deluge_hits_coastal_France.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe there are more MEXICANS crossing the border than Cubans because it's a he!! of a lot easier to "jump a mud puddle" and cut a wire fence than it is to cross an open portion of the freaking Atlantic Ocean.

Did I mention jumping a mud puddle with tadpoles in it is also easier than fighting off bull sharks also?

Come on.......................There is no comparison on the numbers from each country that can reach U.S. property. That's obvious based on the obsticles they face.:emlaugh:

Let the Cuban leadership say today they will allow anybody that want's to leave ................Could sail away starting tomorrow.
Miami would have another boat lift on it's hands. :)

staggalee83 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe there are more MEXICANS crossing the border than Cubans because it's a he!! of a lot easier to "jump a mud puddle" and cut a wire fence than it is to cross an open portion of the freaking Atlantic Ocean.

Did I mention jumping a mud puddle with tadpoles in it is also easier than fighting off bull sharks also?

Come on.......................There is no comparison on the numbers from each country that can reach U.S. property. That's obvious based on the obsticles they face.:emlaugh:

Let the Cuban leadership say today they will allow anybody that want's to leave ................Could sail away starting tomorrow.
Miami would have another boat lift on it's hands. :)

Let's put sttagga out in the middle of the desert with a day or two supply of water, no compass, a dollar store pair of shoes, and a whole bunch of Minutemen rednecks, coyotes, tarantulas, cougars, and more Minutemen looking him and see how long he'll last before he, too, turns into a sun-bleached and dried former human just like too many Mexicans.

Bone%20Dry%20in%20Death%20Valley.jpg

It's easy to talk about mudholes and barbed wire when you're sitting in air-conditioned comfort still trying to digest this morning's sausage egg mcmuffin.

Cornell said:
Let's put sttagga out in the middle of the desert with a day or two supply of water, no compass, a dollar store pair of shoes, and a whole bunch of Minutemen rednecks, coyotes, tarantulas, cougars, and more Minutemen looking him and see how long he'll last before he, too, turns into a sun-bleached and dried former human just like too many Mexicans.
That's after you cross the border, right? Cause the spot they showed on NBC News where they were actually crossing, didnt look anything like this picture.

Cornell said:

It's easy to talk about mudholes and barbed wire when you're sitting in air-conditioned comfort still trying to digest this morning's sausage egg mcmuffin.

Man...........:shame: ............All that BS you typed up there is a waste of space.
CNN has already overused those sound bytes. :licky:

Don't wanna turn into a sun-bleached dried former human...................STAY YO ARSE OUT THE DESERT SNEEKING IN ANOTHER COUNTRY.

There are Mexicans that ......................forgive me for not being PC................Cross the border everyday into the U.S. that don't get turned into sun bleached sub-humans.:hat:

Know how they accomplish this:

They cross at a LEGAL BORDER CROSSING.:read:

I'm sitting my black arse in an air-conditioned office out of the sun because I worked to get here. You want me to feel guilt because of it..............YOU STUPID!!:p :xeye:

Let's try this:

Let's put YO ARSE on the front lines of this and see if you can use some of that FOWARD THINKING to come up with a plan for MEXICO to help their OWN DAMM PEOPLE...............IN MEXICO!!

How bout that................:xeye:

:dizzy: :dizzy: NEXT :dizzy: :dizzy:

Blacknbengal said:
That's after you cross the border, right? Cause the spot they showed on NBC News where they were actually crossing, didnt look anything like this picture.

On 60 minutes either.

Look like private property to me on 60 minutes.
I didn't see no dried skull's nowhere.

Just pi$$ed off land owners.

They try to cross at a place like this.......................THEN THAT's THEIR FAULT.
It ain't like they are from Maine.
They from Mexico.

They know how dangerous a desert is.

Cornell said:

Cornell you want me to feel sorry for a MOFO...NOT!!!!

My Equivalent to the Illegal Alien
Middle of a Desert = Corporate America
Two Day Supply of Water = Rushing to go and drink to get back to work
No Compass = No mentor in sight
A Dollar Store Pair of Shoes = Well after FICA that's all I can afford
Rednecks and Minute Men = OFAYS round here
coyotes, tarantulas, cougars, and more Minutemen = Young OFAYs trying to make a come up by lying to the boss

I think the illegal aliens and this black man got some HITS in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back