Creation vs Evolution? And?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
What's the big deal with all these groups making an issue of evolution and creation in the schools? :confused:

You know, in America, we simply have too much idle time on our hands. We make "issues" out of the most ridiculous BULL$HIT. It's unbelievable to me.

I believe people just gotta have a "cause" nowdays. :redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Evolution vs Creation

There are growing movements across the country (saw this particular one in Pennsylvania I believe) where groups are coming out DEMANDING that creation be taught along side evolution in the public schools. Why is this such a big deal?! The way I see it,,,, no matter what you come up with science-wise, it all had to be started by some supreme entity! I think it's a pissing contest between religion and the EXACT letter of biblical stories verses scientific discovery and piecing together of the history of the earth based on current day science!

I can understand the religious backlash if scientist are contending, somehow, that religion/bible stories are false because of A, B, C,, but if scientists are simply conducting science, I don't see what all the religious uproar is about!

I'm with you, I've nerver been able to under the problem myself. It seems that they both work together and there is no need to separate the two.

PRECISELY!!!

And how! This is such a non-issue to me! I can't believe people are up in arms about it, but like I said, it boils down to a pissing contest and an ideological war of words and policy. I think the extremists of both parties, the right-wing in this particular case, are hyper-sensitive and really looking for a "cause" and trying to rally votes and party members on emotional issues just as George Wallace et al have down so masterfully down through the ages. :kaioken:

People will always follow a cause or an idea, no matter how misguided. We always need to feel that we are a part of something and serving a "higher purpose" whether it is God or man.

So true.

I guess that's just human nature. It's why we will always have conflict and war because nobody is willing to be percieved as compromising their belief system. :shades:

Those who don't want creationism taught alongside evolution are probably trying to prevent religion from being taught in the schools. Separation of church and state. If you're teaching creationism, who are you gonna say created us??? GOD, that's who. Teaching about God is a religious act. They trying to avoid that. Whereas evolution is a scientific viewpoint on our existence.

There are two reasons that I'm opposed to teaching creationism in public schools. One is that it's not science. The second is that it is not constitutional. IF you teach it, teach ALL creation mythologies, not just the Christian version.

And this brings me to another point: most people don't understand what they are discussing. Evolution is a fact, much like gravity. Darwin's theory of Natural Selection is one of MANY theories of evolution. I tend to prefer Gould's theories myself, but that's another issue. Back to the gravity analogy, there's the Newtonian theory about gravity and the quantum theory about gravity. We know that it works, and we theorize about HOW it works. Teaching kids about evolutionary theories does not replace religion--evolution exists outside of the realm of religion, since it is a natural force.

Which brings me to another point. Why are the creationists all a twitter about this? My theory is that their entire belief system is based on man's status as being "fallen", which comes from the story of Eden. The creationists erroneously assume that if there is evolution, then Eden could not have existed in a real sense (they can't comprehend the concept metaphor, mythology, or anything like that. Kids don't have a grasp of psychology or literature, I guess. Not that their greatest Teacher taught with parables or anything...), and thus man could not have "fallen". No "fall" means no need for salvation, which means not saviour, and thus no need for Christianity. This scares them. They don't want to consider that they might not be right. I guess that they don't realize that minds are like parachutes, and only work when they are open.

Anyway, enough of my meager opinion on this issue.

Evolution is a fact,

That's a false statement.

This is evolution

one cell = two cells=something crawling out of the ocean=something crawling on all four = the development of "apes / monkies in trees=monkies leaving the tree=monkies walking upright=various development of the "human race" = modern day man. Now we are at modern day man, where do mankind go from here. Based on the formular of evolution, mankind has to continue to progress into a higher intelligent being.

Where are the fossels that link mankind with animals {apes} The genetic makeup of mankind, animals and plants are different. The sciencetific method of Carbon-14 and Carbon-12 dating has been proven to be inaccurate.

I persoanlly believe in the Big Bang Theory and I think that's what should be taught in schools.

And God said, "Let there be light" and BANG! there was light!

And God said, "Let the land produce vegetation" and BANG! we had carrots

And God said, "Let us make man" and BANG! we had Adam.

And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures" and BANG! we had animals

This is the only Big Bang Theory / Creational Truth that exists!;)

I DID NOT come from a monkey!:mad:

nevaehinvesting

I DID NOT come from a monkey!

But that's what evolution teaches. If this is taught in school, the instructors should not be surprised when children act like cannibals and savage beast ? swinging from light fixtures, throwing chairs or making sounds like monkeys or apes. Afterall they would be only imitating their ancestors. So why suspend a child for acting like his great-great-great-great-great-grandfather? I am still waiting for Cheeta, to turn into Tarzan or Jane.

God made animals and plants. But he "created" man.

Have anyone ever read the Scopes Monkey Trial. I have had an opportunity to read the actual transcript and it pathetic on how some people think.

Wasn?t this discussed several months ago?

Originally posted by H

That's a false statement.

This is evolution

one cell = two cells=something crawling out of the ocean=something crawling on all four = the development of "apes / monkies in trees=monkies leaving the tree=monkies walking upright=various development of the "human race" = modern day man. Now we are at modern day man, where do mankind go from here. Based on the formular of evolution, mankind has to continue to progress into a higher intelligent being.

Where are the fossels that link mankind with animals {apes} The genetic makeup of mankind, animals and plants are different. The sciencetific method of Carbon-14 and Carbon-12 dating has been proven to be inaccurate.

As I said, many people don't have a grasp on what evolution, or science for that matter, is.

Evolution is change and diversification over time. That is what has been observed. Natural Selection is ONE theory (one which, by the way, don't believe). Punctuated Equilibrium is another. NONE of these say that man came from apes. None say that man is "higher" than other animals. This is human arrogance. Humans and monkeys and apes have a common ancestor. It's like you and your cousin have the same grandmother. HOW species have diversified is up for debate, not THAT they have diversified.

Originally posted by nevaehinvesting
I persoanlly believe in the Big Bang Theory and I think that's what should be taught in schools.

And God said, "Let there be light" and BANG! there was light!

And God said, "Let the land produce vegetation" and BANG! we had carrots

And God said, "Let us make man" and BANG! we had Adam.

And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures" and BANG! we had animals

This is the only Big Bang Theory / Creational Truth that exists!;)

I DID NOT come from a monkey!:mad:

Big Bang is cosmology. Evolution is biology. They have NOTHING in common. That said, what's to say that God does not use evolution as a tool? Read the Science of God by Gerald Schroeder. Interesting pespective.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by H
nevaehinvesting

But that's what evolution teaches. If this is taught in school, the instructors should not be surprised when children act like cannibals and savage beast ? swinging from light fixtures, throwing chairs or making sounds like monkeys or apes. Afterall they would be only imitating their ancestors. So why suspend a child for acting like his great-great-great-great-great-grandfather? I am still waiting for Cheeta, to turn into Tarzan or Jane.

God made animals and plants. But he "created" man.

Have anyone ever read the Scopes Monkey Trial. I have had an opportunity to read the actual transcript and it pathetic on how some people think.

Wasn?t this discussed several months ago?

That is NOT what is taught when evolutionary theory is discussed, and people do NOT tell kids that they are monkeys. How about posting fact instead of your manic propaganda?

My greatest wish is that I wish the entire population of the world knew the TRUE history of the world's 3 major religions...then they would knowthe TRUTH. It is really sad the world that has been living 2002 years of ignorance. I understand the ignorance though, because somehow or another some people of the world are LOGICALLY CHALLENGED. Mr. Anthony Browder showed me the truth 10 years ago, and it took me almost seven years to accept it.

"THE BROWDER FILES", "NILE VALLEY CIVILIZATION"-- both books by Anthony Browder.

THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD---H.G. Wells

STOLEN LEGACY----George M James

all books by GERALD MASSEY...

Big Bang is cosmology. Evolution is biology. They have NOTHING in common. That said, what's to say that God does not use evolution as a tool? Read the Science of God by Gerald Schroeder. Interesting perspective.
Big Bang & Evolution DO have something in common: They're both LIES. Read the science of God by Schroeder? God Made Schroeder. Why not just go to God for the answer. Why would you go to the 'product' instead of the 'manufacturer' to find out about how the product came to be? He's provided the answer in HIS Word. "And God said let us make man." Seven words that most can't seem to understand.:confused:
That is NOT what is taught when evolutionary theory is discussed, and people do NOT tell kids that they are monkeys. How about posting fact instead of your manic propaganda?
Right Sophandros. We don't tell them they're monkeys, we just tell them they came from monkeys.:confused: Anyways, both ideas are IGNORANT.

OUR scientist are sooooo confused if they think they can prove anything other than "God created man in His own image." Then again, OUR scientists once "proved" that the earth was flat.:confused:

My greatest wish is that I wish the entire population of the world knew the TRUE history of the world's 3 major religions...then they would know the TRUTH. It is really sad the world that has been living 2002 years of ignorance. I understand the ignorance though, because somehow or another some people of the world are LOGICALLY CHALLENGED. Mr. Anthony Browder showed me the truth 10 years ago, and it took me almost seven years to accept it.
Teach us, Teacher, about the 3 Religions this world has! Then I'll explain to you about the 1 Relationship they could have.:tup:

Big Bang & Evolution DO have something in common: They're both LIES. Read the science of God by Schroeder? God Made Schroeder. Why not just go to God for the answer. Why would you go to the 'product' instead of the 'manufacturer' to find out about how the product came to be? He's provided the answer in HIS Word. "And God said let us make man." Seven words that most can't seem to understand.:confused:
Right Sophandros. We don't tell them they're monkeys, we just tell them they came from monkeys.:confused: Anyways, both ideas are IGNORANT.

OUR scientist are sooooo confused if they think they can prove anything other than "God created man in His own image." Then again, OUR scientists once "proved" that the earth was flat.:confused:

You obviously don't want to discuss anything, since you don't back up your statements with any facts. Evolution is like gravity. It is a natural occurance (natural is defined as something created by <gasp> God) that humans have tried to explain for years. The Science of God is a text which attempts (and in many areas, acheives) to reconcile Faith and Science. You really should pick it up, but I know you won't.

NO evolutionary biologist says that man came from monkeys. They say that man and monkeys (and all other life on Earth) share a common ancestor, and thus a common origin. Again, this does not negate God in any way. It may shatter your worldview, but perhaps your worldview needs to be shattered.

No one ever proved the world was flat, and interesting enough, the rationale for the Flat Earthers is based on the Bible; the overwhelming majority of Flat Earthers are Fundamentalist Christians.

Of course you're confused. You have never opened your mind.

Teach us, Teacher, about the 3 Religions this world has! Then I'll explain to you about the 1 Relationship they could have.:tup:

I've heard that mantra before; you and those like you are so predictable. So predictable, in fact, that it is futile to attempt to carry on a discussion with you.

There is too much wasted discussion. It was been shown many times over that science and religion often match perfectly with each other on accounts of past events.

The Science of God is a text which attempts (and in many areas, acheives) to reconcile Faith and Science. You really should pick it up, but I know you won't.
Attempts? Why would I pick up something that at best 'attempts', in your words, to harmonize God and parts of Science when the Bible already 100% perfectly harmonizes Faith/God and Scientific Truth? If the book you're reading succeeds half way at anything that means it fails the other half. We just have to read God's Word and continually pray for understanding.

The bible says that God c-r-e-a-t-e-d Adam a M-A-N. Science says Otherwise. That part of the debate is NOT harmonized. You really should develop a relationship with manufacturer if you want him to tell about the truth about His product, but I know you won't. You're dependent on your own understanding which has sadly come from someone else's understanding, which came from someone else's understanding who was a confused atheist.:( You listening to scientists over God's Word is like you telling me to ask my television how to work instead of calling on the folks at SONY. Those authors you believe and scientist are just televisions, Don't take their word, call the SONY 1-800 number if you want to know about the tv because THEY made it. Use your God given sense sophandros, I trust you still have some.

Remember, it's only good to have an open mind if you have a decent FILTER for all the stuff that could come into your mind. You're not ignorant sophandros, you just need to either invest in a mind filter -I Cor 2:14-16, or not talk.

Oh yeah, we know that SOME scientific beliefs harmonize with the bible & others don't, like evolution, but I real interested to know what scientist believe about God having a Son?:eek2: Now that's what we should teach in school!

" We don't tell them they're monkeys, we just tell them they came from monkeys. Anyways, both ideas are IGNORANT"

Yes, both sataments are Ig-nut.

I have heard / read article for 30 plus years, stating that apes / monkeys and mankind have a common ancestor or come from the same genetic branch. To this day they are still saying the samething and has yet to prove it.

Evolution -

If we are going to be specific, evolition is the continuous genetic adaptation of organisms or species to the environment by natural selection, inbreeding, mutation or hybridization. It can be divided into sub-catagories specific and general. Some one mentioned Darwin, despite his "theory" on how species developed through millions of years. As of today his theory remains a theory and has not been proven to be a fact.

The theory of evolution is in direct conflict with the laws of science and has been proven by archaeology to be only a theory. Evolution is in direct confict with the laws of thermodynamics and biogenesis.

The law of biogenesis - states that all life come from life, and that living things produce after their own "kind". Which means an ape can not produce a man.

The law of thermodynamics - states that energy can change forms, it cannot be created or destroyed. Therefore energy remain constant.

Back