"Crazy in love" by Beyonce feat. Jay Z

Not to hate or anything, I think that ish is super whack!!!!!
Melody was givin to the wrong instument, but the chords were on point, that's the only good thing.

GBNF
Boogie

The arrangment is ok but I agree that the melody can be dispersed a little more. I would prefer to do more with the percussion also, (esp. cymbles-ride/dome/crash etc...). Variety can make the arrangment more interesting. I know how cymble players have a hard time duplicating the hi hat without using sticks.
just my opinion

Originally posted by Harmonical Phrase
SU= SLAW University

i bet i can out play you...... therefore you would just be dry cabbage no salad dressing to even make the slaw.......

im tired of these hooligans on here actin like they dudley doright or some ish.....you hate southern b/c southern probably didnt want you.............

Hahn Bra11

EVERYONE IS ALWAYS JEALOUS OF THE BEST,
AND EVERYONE KNOWS SOUTHERN UNIV IS THE BEST.

"IT'S THE 'S' ON THE CHEST" :)

IT WILL ALWAYS BE SU HATERS, THAT'S WHY WE JUST BLOW THEM OUT WILL POWER!!!!!

NOW BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND,

YO JAG888, THAT CRAZY IN LOVE IS TIGHT AS HELL...............I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT

CAN'T WAIT TIL THE S PLAYS IT

im sure we will................mane im bored out my mind at work.........trying to get to that 150 mark...........:D :D :D

How do you come about writing so many songs? On Average,...how many do you write and how long does it take. At any rate, I know you are going to run into people that never has ANYTHING positive to say. Don't worry about it. DON'T STOP WRITING. And please......WRITE WHAT YOU FEEL

Like I said Before, SU= Slaw University. Slaw University isn't like they use to be a few years ago. Slaw University is riding on a name. They were known for power. Now they don't have that anymore because the talent kids had coming out of High school just isn't quality like back in the days. So now they bought a cheap excuse talkin bout they play clean now. Since when Have Slaw University ever been just clean and medium loud? Who they trying to be like? J-State? UAPB? must be. Because those to me are the two bands who are runnin the SWAC. No matter what people said about their band, they didn't change their image to comfort anyone, and that's exactly what makes SU Slaw University. Anytime you let TXSU come at your home stadium and stack bombs on you, that's sad. Not to put TXSU down, but they shouldn't have done what they done to yall. J-state tore a hole in Slaw University Arse last season.

THATS TIGHT DUDE, THATS JUST RIGHT FOR SU IT FITS THEIR STYLE, BUT MY CB S-PH-S I KNOW HIS VERSION WILL BE MUCH MUCH FULLER THAN THAT. NOT SAYING THAT YOURS ISNT FULL AT ALL ITS JUST THAT I KNOW HOW PV BAND LIKES THEIR ARRANGMENTS, NICE AND FULL, BUT HELLA GOOD THOUGH COUSIN FOR REAL.

P.S. DO THAT MONICA SO GONE LET ME HEAR SOME MO OF YO SKILLS CUZZ

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT-------MELLOPHONE
TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

harmonical queer,..................go get a woman or man whichever tickles your fancy but you need to shut ya mouth before you get demolished this upcoming season, and when have we been medium loud? last time i was in the band room my ears rang erry night so i mean what band are you watching?:confused: :confused: :confused:

My thoughts.........

I actually liked the arrangement for the most part. I'm like some of the other people in our band. We're just used to things a little fuller. I actually have an arrangement I proposed for the band to do of this song and I believe we are going to do it. The Southern game is up in the air right now, but I really hope those songs go head to head so we can compare styles of interpretation (I think that's how you spell it). Anyway good job dog. It's hard to stick your neck out on the line for the band. Me being a crab last year, I just had to suck it up and finally went for it. Hope we can have a "Battle of the Beyonce's".

My thoughts.........

I actually liked the arrangement for the most part. I'm like some of the other people in our band. We're just used to things a little fuller. I actually have an arrangement I proposed for the band to do of this song and I believe we are going to do it. The Southern game is up in the air right now, but I really hope those songs go head to head so we can compare styles of interpretation (I think that's how you spell it). Anyway good job dog. It's hard to stick your neck out on the line for the band. Me being a crab last year, I just had to suck it up and finally went for it. Hope we can have a "Battle of the Beyonce's".

Crazy in Love...

At work we are talking about football season. So of course we started talking about bands. And the question of the day is...

How many times will we hear this song this year?

Funny side note. About 3 dude's said they would pay to see the J-Settes dance to Crazy In Love. :lol:

Funny side note answer: The J Sette tryout dance was to this song. Dr. Magruder has already wrote it....... :(

Hopefully it gets one halftime show ONLY!

I wanna see them FIONE AZZ "Dancing Dolls" from SU Twerk to this song.

This song will get played out quickly. I expect the Best Arrangements will be from:
1) SU - Too Much Brass
2) AAMU - If the Trumpets are there like the Trombones are its gonna get ugly
3) JSU - Balance and Power (deadly combo)
4) UAPB - Killer Instinct + the F-Horns = Problems for the opposing band.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Every high school and Black college band will be playing this song. The horn line intro is great but after that it falls apart for a band arrangement. Some songs are just not suited for marching band. Halftimes are going to boring this year because of this song.

pbla...........

Are you serious?? Although this song is getting set up to get "played out" I have to disagree aboput how it falls apart. This song has so much power in it. Think about it. Anytime she sings the verse, there is nothing but the drum track and her vocals. This sets up for a whole low brass section to just stick it to another band for about 8 measures. Chorus comes back in and the whole band can attack. Not to even mention the bridge. It is so full of things to do with and even the second part of the bridge. I guess I can only comply with my arrangement but if you hear PV's version of it, it will definitely make a believer out of you. Trust me. It's real.

Re: pbla...........

Originally posted by Supakrab
Are you serious?? Although this song is getting set up to get "played out" I have to disagree aboput how it falls apart. This song has so much power in it. Think about it. Anytime she sings the verse, there is nothing but the drum track and her vocals. This sets up for a whole low brass section to just stick it to another band for about 8 measures. Chorus comes back in and the whole band can attack. Not to even mention the bridge. It is so full of things to do with and even the second part of the bridge. I guess I can only comply with my arrangement but if you hear PV's version of it, it will definitely make a believer out of you. Trust me. It's real.

I've always respected The Storm's versions of arrangements,I'll find out at The Reliant on how The Storm will make this song "marching band friendly". But for me, I just don't like the vocal line in this song for a marching band. Although if I were a band director I would arrange this song to keep me from being "scalped" by my own band members.:cool:. I just like songs that have vocals with a solid melodic arc. I know people today are not accustomed of hearing that.

Back