Cornell West for President

Cornel West taps BLM organizer Melina Abdullah as VP pick for historic all-Black ticket​

Presidential candidate Dr. Cornel West has selected activist, community organizer, and professor Melina Abdullah as his vice presidential candidate in his bid for the White House. This marks the first-ever all-Black presidential ticket in U.S. history.

West, who is running to be on the ticket as an independent, announced his running mate on Wednesday on Tavis Smiley’s radio show on KBLA

Presidential candidate Dr. Cornel West has selected activist, community organizer, and professor Melina Abdullah as his vice presidential candidate in his bid for the White House. This marks the first-ever all-Black presidential ticket in U.S. history.

West, who is running to be on the ticket as an independent, announced his running mate on Wednesday on Tavis Smiley’s radio show on KBLA.

“I wanted to run with someone who would put a smile on the face of Fanny Lou Hamer and Martin Luther King Jr. from the grave,” West said. “Put a smile on their faces from the grave, and that’s the highest standard. As you know that’s not a typical standard of the garden variety politician.”
In a campaign statement shortly after making his on-air announcement, West described Abdullah as “a fierce and tireless advocate for truth, justice, and transformative change.

The fix is in. Follow the money.

What gets me is every time I hear the functional illiterates in our community asking what the democratic party has done for us I be really wanting to pistol whip them. These are the same folks on Medicaid, section 8, social security, SSI, child tax credits getting 5000 back in income tax with a $20k job. On minority scholarships I mean I could go on and on. It amazes me how ignorant some of us are. The folks living big cities like New York, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Atlanta, Los Angeles and so many who have benefits that aren't available any where else truly live in fantasy land. These are all targets that Speak let Johnson and the Republican party said they will definitely cut.

By the way what money is all these functional illiterates keep talking about they were getting to under Trump? I keep seeing the hood folks talking about how they were getting money in under Trump. I missed this gold mine.
Take into account the mindset you're speaking about, the entitlement mentality is strong in that sub-set. More than likely, they're talking about the two rounds of Covid Relief they got in 2020 just by being blessed to survive the pandemic. The third round under Biden and the max vaccination policies under his administration to get the pandemic under control don't count in their way of thinking.

I don't think Trump is a smart man at all, but I will say he understands how dumb many Americans are and how to use it to his advantage. He had his signature put on relief checks from the Treasury Department and the folks you mentioned actually believe the checks came from him.

Last edited:
Take into account the mindset you're speaking about, the entitlement mentality is strong in that sub-set. More than likely, they're talking about the two rounds of Covid Relief they got in 2020 just by being blessed to survive the pandemic. The third round under Biden and the max vaccination policies under his administration to get the pandemic under control don't count in their way of thinking.

I don't think Trump is a smart man at all, but I will say he understands how dumb many Americans are and how to use it to his advantage. He had his signature put on relief checks from the Treasury Department and the folks you mentioned actually believe the checks came from him.

This part.

Back