Cooking Question

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
What's the difference between Roasting, Baking, Broiling, & Rotisserie?

Roast according to Webster is defined as: to cook (food) by dry heat, as in an oven.

Bake according to Webster is defined as: to cook by using dry heat as in an oven.

Broil according to Webster is defined as : to cook by direct heat.

Rotisserie according to Webster is defined as: a cooking unit with a spit for barbecuing.

I wish I did know the difference, then I wouldn't eating fast food everyday :bawling:

I can't cook eithier......
Puddin' does that for me. ;)

I got the solution for our porblem though....I'm getting one tonight. It's called "The George Foreman Grill"......

They say you can cook anything on that joint in Five minutes....and it tastes good too! :D

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
What's the difference between Roasting, Baking, Broiling, & Rotisserie?

Roast according to Webster is defined as: to cook (food) by dry heat, as in an oven.

Bake according to Webster is defined as: to cook by using dry heat as in an oven.

Broil according to Webster is defined as : to cook by direct heat.

Rotisserie according to Webster is defined as: a cooking unit with a spit for barbecuing.

Ok Here we go.

Roasting and Baking is the same thing. Roasting is mostly done with the meats and the baking is usually done with wheats ie. cakes and bread.

Broil is when the heat comes from above, while baking and roasting the heat comes from below.

Rotisserie is when the meat is spinning on a stick while basting itself in its own juices.

Thank you Foodtv.com and allrecipes.com

:D

Originally posted by SUPAKAT69
I can't cook eithier......
Puddin' does that for me. ;)

I got the solution for our porblem though....I'm getting one tonight. It's called "The George Foreman Grill"......

They say you can cook anything on that joint in Five minutes....and it tastes good too! :D

Supakat you gotta learn to cook man, that's how I get most of my Puddin.:D

My specialty consists of Chittlin Loaf Casserole with Pork Rind Dressing as a main course. Side dishes includeTop Ramen Noodles Pilaf and Beenie Weenie au gratin.

The wine list includes Loco Perro Viente/Viente (Mad Dog 20/20 for those that don't know Spanish).
If she is a really classy lady then I break out the Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.

For Dessert I serve Blue Bunny Neopolitan and give her the choice of which flavor she wan'ts me to Scoop out for her.

Yeah, round these parts they consider me....
IRON CHEF WEST JACKSON:D :D :D

To:Supakat

Man you gon trip out if I told you me and my brother bought one of them last weekend:D

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock

Supakat you gotta learn to cook man, that's how I get most of my Puddin.:D

My specialty consists of Chittlin Loaf Casserole with Pork Rind Dressing as a main course. Side dishes includeTop Ramen Noodles Pilaf and Beenie Weenie au gratin.

The wine list includes Loco Perro Viente/Viente (Mad Dog 20/20 for those that don't know Spanish).
If she is a really classy lady then I break out the Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.

For Dessert I serve Blue Bunny Neopolitan and give her the choice of which flavor she wan'ts me to Scoop out for her.

Yeah, round these parts they consider me....
IRON CHEF WEST JACKSON:D :D :D

LMmuddaFAO!!!! :emlaugh:
With that menu you just named....I'll think I stick to my George Foreman grill.

(Passing MB a bottle of my finest aged "COLT45"......makes the meal all the more better. :D )

docmump, almost got it right.

Bake he did find (A+)

Roast should not have said Roasting and Baking is the same. (C-)
Should have stuck with meats in Roasting.

Broil he states the application of heat. (B-)
Broil seals the juices inside, keep the meat juicy. Will burn the meat if left under the direct heat too long.

Rotisserie old technique from day one to flush the blood out the meat. A method of cooking before we invented stoves and heating units.

What dahell does "score" a ham mean? Now I know it does not mean for me to take it down to the gym and slam dunk it through the hoop does it.:confused:

Originally posted by TSU/BAMA
What dahell does "score" a ham mean? Now I know it does not mean for me to take it down to the gym and slam dunk it through the hoop does it.:confused:

SCORE......
BRAISE......
POACH.......
BLANCHE....
SAUTEE'......

All these terms do not apply to me when I prepare my world famous Chittlin Loaf.....:D

I just wonder why Emeril Lagasse or Bobby Flay won't return my phone calls...:D

SCORE......
BRAISE......
POACH.......
BLANCHE....
SAUTEE'......

All these terms do not apply to me when I prepare my world famous Chittlin Loaf.....:D

I just wonder why Emeril Lagasse or Bobby Flay won't return my phone calls...:D

If I knew that you were preparing a Chittlin Loaf, I wouldn't return your calls either.:emlaugh:

so ?what SPECIFICALLY do you want to know?

while we're at it, ?any unique but tasty ways to prepare black eyed peas for this new years'?

*I have one for an AFro-Cuban salad and Chinese-Cuban fritters made of the peas but I'm open to other suggestions

I can't cook!!!!

I don't know the difference between either of them, so i jus tbake everything! :D

Ok, but let me ask you this... I'm grown right, and i can't cook so will i be able to keep a man? You know people say the way to man's heart is through his stomach. And every now and then a certain someone makes comments about, "yeah, so when are you going to cook for me?"

So please, can someone break that down for me. I don't think I have to know how to cook if he can cook. :confused:

Re: I can't cook!!!!

Originally posted by RattlerSTRIKE
I don't know the difference between either of them, so i jus tbake everything! :D

Ok, but let me ask you this... I'm grown right, and i can't cook so will i be able to keep a man? ...............

So please, can someone break that down for me. I don't think I have to know how to cook if he can cook. :confused:

Don't worry about it dear. There are plenty of women out there to ensure your man doesn't go hungry. ;)
Just have the pie already baked when he get home.

Re: I can't cook!!!!

Originally posted by RattlerSTRIKE

Ok, but let me ask you this... I'm grown right, and i can't cook so will i be able to keep a man? You know people say the way to man's heart is through his stomach. And every now and then a certain someone makes comments about, "yeah, so when are you going to cook for me?"

You need to post a pic for me to answer whether you can keep your man, although you can't cook. If you look delicious, he ain't going nowhere.:D And Bg Jag has a great point. He's getting fed somewhere, someway, somehow.

Re: Re: I can't cook!!!!

Originally posted by Robber

And Bg Jag has a great point. He's getting fed somewhere, someway, somehow.

Robber, you been to my home before. I know how to cook. But I also know where all the good restuarants are. Coincidentally they all have feminine names like, Mother's, Ethel's, Two Sisters, Bonnie and Clyde, and a few I can't mention.:D :rolleyes:

Wow...now I don't feel so bad about my chitlin' on a stick. :D

Back