Congrads to Alcorn's New Director

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcorn State University Names JSU Sonic Boom’s Renardo Murray as New Marching Band Director

ALCORN STATE, MS (May 31, 2011) – Alcorn State University’s new Director of University Bands Samuel Griffin introduced the institution’s new Marching Band director, Renardo R. Murray at a 10 a.m. press conference today on the Lorman campus.

“It is a tremendous honor and pleasure to introduce my former band student as the new Marching and Pep Band director,” stated a proud Samuel Griffin. “He was a talented student and is a skillful musician and director. I am proud to welcome him back home.”

An accomplished band director and music educator, Dr. Murray holds an outstanding track record in assuring student success both musically and academically. He has an extensive background of developing, operating, and maintaining quality band programs. Dr. Murray has been serving Jackson State University first as assistant band director from 2004 to 2009, and then as interim director of bands/instructor of music since 2009. He has also served as band director at the secondary education level: for Yazoo City High School, Yazoo City, Mississippi; Blackburn Middle School, Jackson, Mississippi; Clinton High School, Clinton, Louisiana; and as assistant band director for Wilkinson County High School, Woodville, Mississippi.

“Alcorn State University has given me so much,” says Dr. Renardo R. Murray. “It is always good to come home. I have carried Alcorn State with me throughout my career and all of my successes can be attributed to the solid foundation I received from Mr. Griffin and my institution.”

http://www.alcorn.edu/offices/Relations/Default.aspx?id=7563

Jackson State need someone that is going to bring back tradition to the Sonic Boom that was lost during the Lewis Liddell era!

Let Magruder stay where he is! We don't need another Liddell prodigy as Director of Bands, we already had one (Murray) and he was not the person for the job!

Magruder will be about 56 of age this year, JSU needs to select someone young and energetic like Dowell Taylor was when he assumed the position at 30 years of age. Let Magruder stay where he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back