Computer Experts

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
I need serious help with my laptop.....ugh, Pis...Panthro tell me how to make this succer speed up.

My internet moves entirely too slow and it doesn't have anything to do with NetZero because I know too many folks with that service and they're not experiencing what I'm experiencing; therefore, it must be the computer itself.....now what do I need to do? Must I upgrade it or something? It's already been defragmented or whatever that term is.

Help quick.....please!!!!!!:eek: :idea: :eek:

:splat:

A little info for you....

You could add more memory. That helps a little with speed. You can only upgrade your processor so far. Your next option to getting a faster connection to the web is to get a DSL line or Cable Access.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
uhm unknown, I'm a little technology challenged

Therefore, the answer to all your questions is....I don't know.

I'll find out and get back to you on that....LOL

Thanks for the info cat daddy.

Since you're using netzero I assume you have a dial-up connection (use the phone line). That's probably why it's so slow. Depending on where you live, the speed of your telephone line could range from 21K to 56K. Your friends may have a faster line than you. Also, you might have a slow modem (less than 56K). As long as you have a dial-up connection you will probably have this problem.

Is your laptop slow when running software on it (not on the internet)?

Sorry Dtown couldn't resist these smilies...

blueScreen_D.gif

overclocking.gif

overpape2.gif

overpape3.gif

hideing_behind_computer.gif

Originally posted by jag4life
Since you're using netzero I assume you have a dial-up connection (use the phone line). That's probably why it's so slow. Depending on where you live, the speed of your telephone line could range from 21K to 56K. Your friends may have a faster line than you. Also, you might have a slow modem (less than 56K). As long as you have a dial-up connection you will probably have this problem.

Is your laptop slow when running software on it (not on the internet)?

J4life,

I rarely use my laptop for anything other than the net, but on those rare occurrences that I have used it for the software, I didn't notice any problems with it.

Rraaaaa Dtown...

If memory serves correct, that thing is memory challenged (was from the outset to me). I'll need the model # and I'll see what I can do in terms of giving you more memory for that guy. Now, what'chew gone give me :insert devil smiley here---> :D :???? LOL

I need a dayum copier (SMALL BUSINESS ONE DARNIT that can copy 8-12 ppm black and white and/or 5-7 ppm color!!!!) LOL Holla' babeeeeeeee. :D

PI, errrrr, Panthro!

Originally posted by Panthro
Rraaaaa Dtown...

If memory serves correct, that thing is memory challenged (was from the outset to me). I'll need the model # and I'll see what I can do in terms of giving you more memory for that guy. Now, what'chew gone give me :insert devil smiley here---> :D :???? LOL

I need a dayum copier (SMALL BUSINESS ONE DARNIT that can copy 8-12 ppm black and white and/or 5-7 ppm color!!!!) LOL Holla' babeeeeeeee. :D

PI, errrrr, Panthro!

Well dayum, you don't need lil **** do you, you need a dayum copier. I've gotta check on this one....LOL

Our summer sale is going on right now, but not on copiers, I don't think. Lemme ask around.

I'll holla; call me at home.....you'll have to wait until I get home so I can get that model info for ya anyway.

You'd betta' e-me that tele # again dear. Your # is w/ some anglo in the Austin area as that's where my old Nokia is currently located after I dropped it in a pool a while ago. LOL

Rrrraaaa, change that. I need THOSE 2 things gul! A copier and some ***. :D:emlaugh: :eek:

Back