Colorstruck - 2002

[color=royal blue]*Sitting before the SWACPAGE committee on colorstruck-ness*[/color]

Astrya: "I am not colorstruck......period.
I'm attracted to Lenny Kravitz, Boris Kodjoe, Isiah Washington and Tyson simultaneously.
Anyone that has been around long enough to remember my virtual bachelorette party
would also remember my request for all shapes, sizes, colors, and shades.
Tous fr?res sont beaux."

:shh: :ebrow: :blush: :shh:

I have preferences:
1. I have always liked men with a little weight to them, football player types.
2. I love facial hair and/or dreds (I attribute that to my all my fathers brothers having dreds when I was a kid.)
3. I've never dated anyone who was shorter than me.

I was very lucky to get all my preferences in my husband. :love:
-Astrya

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
i am, kinda.......

i think i'm color struck to a sense. i mean my head just always turns for the darker skinned gentleman. then when i think about my past relationships, the dark one's were my favorite, u know the ones who really had my heart. i can't explain why, but i have noticed that a lot of people like what they are not, for example people refer to me as being a redbone, and i like dark men, i like tall men, and i'm not tall, i like slim men, aint no where near slim, so sometimes it could just be the mystery of the opposite, they attract u know.

I think features make for attraction. If a woman has features that are attractive the rest just doesn't make a difference. If she is blue-black with the same features as someone that has fair skin tone I would peep at both. Its what they have.

I AM NOT COLORSTRUCK

BUT, if you are not a black man I don't want you... now what complextion of a black man it does not matter... As long as you are a black man you are all good with me :D

Originally posted by Dirty
Amerie is 5' 5"..............

5'5 to 5'11 is considered a tall woman in my book!

In VIBE magazine they got Amerie listed as 5'9........:confused:

AMERIE is the hottest thang out right now!

I dont know what it is but I have issues dating light skinned black women. It just never has worked out. It might be because my mom and my sister are of that complexion and it is a subconscience thing. But just because I have had problems in the past does not mean that I would not date a woman of that complexion.

I have issues with dating white women. I dont dislike them or anything but for some reason I dont think I could do it. Would you call me color struck or look down upon me because I am limiting who I would date?

<----- Not color struck

Someone that was colorstruck would be like... "Man she cute and fine and all but she too dark." I dont judge people based on this skin color. Thats stupid. If a broad is cute, then she just cute.

Now I can say, that there arent many darkskinned women that have made it big in hollywood or in the media or what have you.

uh oh.....

i've caught myself sayin from time to time, "dang, he's too yella for me," not sayin that i wouldn't talk because he's bright but sometimes that's just my reaction, but i'm tryin to do betta

Not Color Struck, Height Struck

I have never been color struck. I like what I like ,light or dark; however I am height struck. I am 6'1 and I like to wear my heels, and I was never comfortable with anyone shorter than me. Not to say the taller the better (spouse is 6'8):rolleyes:

Although I've had my share of fun messing with the SU folk with my "yella" smack, I do not discriminate when it comes to color. My wife is much lighter now than when she was growing up, but that was not a consideration at all. I've had girlfriends that were
extremely light and some that were extremely dark. The common thing I looked for was someone with good looks and a nice personality. I was always attracted to pretty eyes, a nice smile and "track star" thighs!

If she looks good, I want her. High yella, yella, caramel, bronze, midnight or blue. Beauty is beauty.

The only similarity I see between a "preference" and "colorstruck" is that being colorstruck is the most agravated form of a preference. Like in race relations where racisim is the most agravated form of preference. You only want the ONE thing.

Colorstruck people tend to exclude, whereas if you have a preference, you may put a "premium" on one skin tone, but you keep your options open as to the other skin tones.

Re: Not Color Struck, Height Struck

Originally posted by 89comSUgrad
I have never been color struck. I like what I like ,light or dark; however I am height struck. I am 6'1 and I like to wear my heels, and I was never comfortable with anyone shorter than me.

I feel ya on that.

<------- VERY COLOR STRUCK

I am struck by black, white, red, yellow and anything else.

If it walks upright, has an opposible thumb, warm blooded, takes in oxygen, gives birth to "live" young, is capable of giving nourishment to its young via mammary glands, and has 3 penetrable openings...........then I can be struck by its color.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
HELL NAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The Riddler

If it walks upright, has an opposible thumb, warm blooded, takes in oxygen, gives birth to "live" young, is capable of giving nourishment to its young via mammary glands, and has 3 penetrable openings...........then I can be struck by its color.

*falling da fucc out @ the 2 penetrable openings and :vomit: ing @ the 3rd penetrable opening!*

:lmao::vomit::lmao::vomit::lmao::vomit::lmao::vomit:

Doesn't matter to me...

From the Morris Chestnuts of the world to the Shemar Moores of the world...to The Rock...etc...

I like them all! Haven't discriminated to this point, but because I may have dated more light-complexion fellas than any other my girlfriends have accused me of being colorstruck. That's their opinion, but doesn't make it so!:mad: Why? These guys approached me. That's how I usually end up with them. More light-complexion brothers have stepped to me than any others. That's just that. There's no mood...no feeling...no "extra" desire...on my part due to skin tone...I just like MEN period...I don't care what color you are.

Re: HELL NAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by yvette23
*falling da fucc out @ the 2 penetrable openings and :vomit: ing @ the 3rd penetrable opening!* :lmao::vomit::lmao::vomit::lmao::vomit::lmao::vomit:

You ain't never let no brother come thru the back door?
You ain't never let no brother crawl up the mudslide?
Didn't you know that deliveries after 3 PM are back door only?

Ain't nuthin like rocking that starfish.

Re: Re: HELL NAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The Riddler

You ain't never let no brother come thru the back door?
You ain't never let no brother crawl up the mudslide?
Didn't you know that deliveries after 3 PM are back door only?

Ain't nuthin like rocking that starfish.

*done fuccing died at my desk LMAO at this fool!!!*

:lmao::bawling::lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling: :lmao::bawling:

Yesterday this man told me, &ldquo;I couldn't date anyone darker than you.&rdquo;

:smh:

In addition, we have brothers and sisters in Ghana literally killing themselves trying to reach the complexion of the women that JST has posted in his iCandy threads. They are using lye and other toxic chemicals on a daily basis to achieve a lighter complexion. This is more than about preference.

I'm not colorstruck, it just happens that most of my girlfriends have been bright "redbone", and guess what my mom is high yellow, so there u have it, my female role model. If you are fine, you just fine I don't give a rat's arse what color u are, like any red-blooded black man gonna tell Sanaa Lathon ur not bright enough for me. WTF???

P.S. Tara why do u always ask these color questions? Is there something u wanna tell us???

Originally posted by Tara

In addition, we have brothers and sisters in Ghana literally killing themselves trying to reach the complexion of the women that JST has posted in his iCandy threads. They are using lye and other toxic chemicals on a daily basis to achieve a lighter complexion. This is more than about preference.

dang, and to think i try to get as much sun as possible tryin to toast my skin

Alot of time people want things that are like what they are used to or they want to experiment with something exotic. I never really had a preference one way or another. My uncle explained that I am not hung up like most folk because our family is a virtual rainbow of diversity. I never really differentiated on lines of color. For those of you that do, keep on trucking. I figure that 50% of the time we all are in fashion.

For those of us who have seen Madea's Family reunion... they know the deal. We all know people that have nicknames based on their color, and whatnot. Lightbub, litebrite, skunk, batman, yellaboy, etc. It has been engrained into us and social pressure lead us to still follow this line of thinking.

Back