Colin Powel

I could not help but notice that Bush sent Rumsfeld to India and Pakistan and not Powell.

Well, just like Powell could not solve the problems in the Middle East (hell, no one on this earth can do that), Rumsfeld will not be able to solve the problems between India and Pakistan. The hatreds are too deep.

The Middle East is a hopeless case. No United States President or Secretary of State, or Middle East envoy, has ever been able to solve that mess, and none ever will. Quite frankly, I don't know why we (the United States) even fool with those crazy a$$ people. Oil, I suppose.

let it go

Originally posted by TSU/BAMA
Quite frankly, I don't know why we (the United States) even fool with those crazy a$$ people. Oil, I suppose.

That's why it's time to get rid of our oil dependence. Talk about crippling the Middle East. When you RIP that financial base from under 'em, they'll probably be much more open to peace talks. Electronic cars, anyone? :tup:

Of course, that'll never happen.

Bush is busy in meetings with both of his two blacks.
(That was his excuse for not attending the NAACP conference).

From cnn.com.......
Bush cites Powell, Rice

At a White House news conference, Bush was asked to respond to NAACP complaints that he had slighted the group and had a lackluster record on civil rights.

Referring to his black secretary of state and national security adviser, Bush replied: "Let's see, there I was sitting around the table with foreign leaders, looking at Colin Powell and Condi Rice."

He punctuated the comment with a dismissive shake of his head, as if he was disgusted with the premise of the question

I thought it was just me!

Colin Powell is not kissing a$$ like Bush thought he would. I think Powell learned a lot from his time as head of the JCS. I can't see him being openly used like that anymore. He reminds me of Thomas Jefferson when he was Sec. of State, but I just hope he doesn't resign. I think we all should be very proud of Mr. Powell.

I think Mrs. Rice may want out too. I may be wrong, but wasn't the creation of Homeland Defense a slap in her face?

From the start of the Republican convention to now, they have been putting on a show. I just can't see why so many people can't see that!

Re: I thought it was just me!

Originally posted by Attack Dog
Colin Powell is not kissing a$$ like Bush thought he would. I think Powell learned a lot from his time as head of the JCS. I can't see him being openly used like that anymore. He reminds me of Thomas Jefferson when he was Sec. of State, but I just hope he doesn't resign. I think we all should be very proud of Mr. Powell.

I think Mrs. Rice may want out too. I may be wrong, but wasn't the creation of Homeland Defense a slap in her face?

From the start of the Republican convention to now, they have been putting on a show. I just can't see why so many people can't see that!

Bingo!!!!!!!

Attack Dog you took the words right out of my mouth. I believe Colin Powell is chillin because he is not going showcase his skills too much. This would make President Bush and his administration look to good. I think he will save that moment for when he runs and become President.

The creation of Homeland Defense was indeed a slap in the face of Ms. Rice. I said that the day they made the announcement.

Miami Jag and Attack Dog, I agree with most of what both of you said. The only thing I disagree with you on is, "the creation of the Homeland Defense is a slap in the face of Ms Rice." I don't think that is the case. The way I see it, the National Security Advisor and the Homeland Defense are two totally different things. The Homeland Defense idea is really nothing new. I could wrong, but didn't this idea come up during the Clinton Administration?

Now if yall had said that the creation of the Homeland Defense is a slap in the face to the FBI and the CIA, I would agree with that. But then, maybe those two organizations needs to be slapped in the face, and kicked in the a$$.

MD and AD I basically agree with both of you. I think that Powell is taking it easy (relative). I did not think that Powell would be kissing up to Bush. Understand that Powell also learned a lot as the national security advisor under Reagan.

I do think that the Homeland Security is a partial slap in the face to Dr. Rice as well as the CIA and FBI. (The CIA and FBI need a good slap.) But then again I have to wonder what she knew before 9/11.

1. HE is being setup to be the fall guy
2. We do need to use less gas. Until electric cars are less expensive and more dependable. People should try using hybrid cars(Gasoline-electric) and car makers should make cars more fuel-efficient, which they can but refuse to do. I have been thinking about getting a Civic Hybrid

I'm for the hybrid, but...

I need more ROOM!! My butt's too big for a Civic :lol: I don't need an SUV, but dawg!!!

Seriously though, if they can put that hybrid in something the size of a Maxima (like I have now), I'd check it out. We do need to decrease or rid our oil dependence. That's how you stop the Taliban & other corrupt Middle East activity - cut off their financial base.

Come on now we ain't about to by no electric cars that just a front to appease a few tree huggers to many jewish and white men make to much money from oil to change the system and the average arab is just like us trying to survive in this crazy world. As long as there is war in the middle east America makes money from arms sales, bank loans, the same American jews who finance Isreal also finance there enemies in the middle east almost all arab money is in U.S. banks that how America controls them and stops them from kicking Isreal out of the middle east. Colin POwell realized that when Bush 1 refused to go get Saddam niether he nor Condie Rice are going to sacrifice there futures for an idiot like Bush 2 Colin Powell for Pres, Condie Rice Sect of State na but seriously though that's my2.

The Spin!

Miami Jag and Attack Dog, I agree with most of what both of you said. The only thing I disagree with you on is, "the creation of the Homeland Defense is a slap in the face of Ms Rice." I don't think that is the case. The way I see it, the National Security Advisor and the Homeland Defense are two totally different things. The Homeland Defense idea is really nothing new. I could wrong, but didn't this idea come up during the Clinton Administration?

Now if yall had said that the creation of the Homeland Defense is a slap in the face to the FBI and the CIA, I would agree with that. But then, maybe those two organizations needs to be slapped in the face, and kicked in the a$$.

But aren't the Republicans against"BIG Government"? Either way, the power of Mrs. Rice and/or the FBI and the CIA is being undermined! We need to reform at a time like this rather than create something new! (I feel like I'm watching Star Wars Episode II being played out and an EMPIRE being created!):confused: There is so much going on that I don't think the founders of this country would approve of!

BTW,

I caught the tail end of it, but can anyone give me any details on Bush asking Congress to give him the power to shift (I think) government funds without going through Congress first?

Originally posted by Bigtyme69
Come on now we ain't about to by no electric cars that just a front to appease a few tree huggers to many jewish and white men make to much money from oil to change the system and the average arab is just like us trying to survive in this crazy world. As long as there is war in the middle east America makes money from arms sales, bank loans, the same American jews who finance Isreal also finance there enemies in the middle east almost all arab money is in U.S. banks that how America controls them and stops them from kicking Isreal out of the middle east. Colin POwell realized that when Bush 1 refused to go get Saddam niether he nor Condie Rice are going to sacrifice there futures for an idiot like Bush 2 Colin Powell for Pres, Condie Rice Sect of State na but seriously though that's my2.

I agree. They need to make it on more models and make the cars in different colors than they have now.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quite frankly, I don't know why we (the United States) even fool with those crazy a$$ people. Oil, I suppose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because they both have Nukes and will use them on each other. The U.S. wants to be the only nuclear power 'cause it believes it is the only one responsible enough and "big" enough to have them. If India or Pakistan set one off, the other "smaller" countries might try to get them as well (it doesn't matter if its offensive or for a deterent).

Now we all know that other countries have nukes even while they are denying otherwise. One of the smaller countries using one, though, would be like opening Pandora's box.

Regards.

Originally posted by jelli
Do any you beleive that Colin Powell will run for the Presidency? I don't.

He would have a very good chance if he did! Just imagine if he switched parties!:eek2:

Originally posted by jelli
Do any you beleive that Colin Powell will run for the Presidency? I don't.

I don't think so. YEah all the white people love him now as long as he doesn't rock the boat too much or ask for too much power. And if he ever supports any black causes, he will certainly fall out of favor.

Back