Coaching Recommendation:

MikeBigg

Any of those coaches out their looking to fill their staff would be wise to look for someone who has the maturity level to deal with the young athlete in a positive an productive manner. What thes kids need is someone who not only has love, knowledge, and passion for the game, but also someone who teach them and coach them up to their full potential.

I'm gonna endorse my homeboy Coach Charley Richard who was a grad assistant under coach Rob and worked with Coach Sterling and Fred Collins with the defensive front. He had the opportunity to watch and learn drills and teaching of reads for linemen and lbs. He learned well and after obtaining his Masters he returned to Sicily Island and took a team of 23 players who hadn't been to the playoffs in 5 seasons to the playoffs within 2 years. He also served as defensive coordinator at Ferriday High during two consecutive District Championships. During his last season, his defense defeated Adrian Sezar (GSU receiver) who was a monster at Vinton High. However, one of the best high school defensive game plans I have ever seen was when his Defense neutralized LSU's Michael Clayton when Clayton was at Christian Life in a game played at Christian Life. Christian Life was expected to make it to the dome.

He's currently coaching lb's at Eisenhower High in Houston, Tx but is anxious to get back into the college ranks at GSU. A true student of the game and diehard Gramblinite. Kappalicious has met him on the Coaching Conventions. He also has stayed in touch with the game by working football camps for Emmitt Smith, Gerry DiNardo, and Nick Saban. A good football coach.

he's at Ike? Must be feeling bad....that team has blown more more big games despite being in a hot bed of talent.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Blu Panther
he's at Ike? Must be feeling bad....that team has blown more more big games despite being in a hot bed of talent.

Very frustrated. He has shared some things with me that would be inappropriate to mention here. I hope he gets a chance to move on to something else. He could have remained in Louisiana but having just started a family, the pay scale was too great.

He's working with the linebackers but as a newcomer to the Houston coaching ranks, he's still viewed as an outsider. Still he coaches through the week, scout opponents on Fridays and break down film. A waste of talent...he should be there on game night to share his knowledge. He could still break down film, hell his azz watches tapes like soap operas anyway.

He likes to watch for tendencies on down and distance...our high school coach always taught us that coaches are people, they have their favorite plays for certain situations. You learn their tendencies, key the "reads", and watch for tricks...just in case!

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Any of those coaches out their looking to fill their staff would be wise to look for someone who has the maturity level to deal with the young athlete in a positive an productive manner. What thes kids need is someone who not only has love, knowledge, and passion for the game, but also someone who teach them and coach them up to their full potential.

I'm gonna endorse my homeboy Coach Charley Richard who was a grad assistant under coach Rob and worked with Coach Sterling and Fred Collins with the defensive front. He had the opportunity to watch and learn drills and teaching of reads for linemen and lbs. He learned well and after obtaining his Masters he returned to Sicily Island and took a team of 23 players who hadn't been to the playoffs in 5 seasons to the playoffs within 2 years. He also served as defensive coordinator at Ferriday High during two consecutive District Championships. During his last season, his defense defeated Adrian Sezar (GSU receiver) who was a monster at Vinton High. However, one of the best high school defensive game plans I have ever seen was when his Defense neutralized LSU's Michael Clayton when Clayton was at Christian Life in a game played at Christian Life. Christian Life was expected to make it to the dome.

He's currently coaching lb's at Eisenhower High in Houston, Tx but is anxious to get back into the college ranks at GSU. A true student of the game and diehard Gramblinite. Kappalicious has met him on the Coaching Conventions. He also has stayed in touch with the game by working football camps for Emmitt Smith, Gerry DiNardo, and Nick Saban. A good football coach.

So why is he limiting himself?

Actually, that's a typo on my part. I meant to type get into coaching on the college level. But my mind (as always) was on Grambling!

Back