Clips from Diary of A Mad BlackWoman

kellis said:
Does anyone honestly expect anyone white to give this movie a fair review?

Ebert has given quality black movies rave reviews. Its movies on this level that have been in question as far him giving 3 stars. Some including myself have said because his wife is black, he has cut movies like"I Got The Hook" some slack.

I read Ebert's review.
I'm wonder if he watched the same movie?

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050224/REVIEWS/50214001/1023

On Ebert's web site the following blunder is noted.

" For that matter, Helen has an aunt as well as a grandmother, and her aunt, Myrtle, is played with taste and sympathy by Cecily Tyson. It is impossible that Grandma the harridan could have been produced produced by the same family that gave life to such gentle and civilized women as Myrtle and Helen. The math doesn't work, either. We learn that Myrtle was 39 when Helen was born, and that would make Grandma about 85, which is old to operate a chainsaw. "

Wasn't Cecily Tyson 's role the mother?

^^ Yeah, Cicely was Helen's mother. I think she's Madea's daughter-in-law(as I remember from the play.) I must agree that Cicely looks much older than Madea. I assumed the got her because she "looks" alot like Kimberly Elise.

I saw the movie last night and it's funny. It has a good message. I was watching Oprah early this morning and she had Tyler Perry, Shamar Moore and Kimberely Elise on the show. I think this movie will do well at the box office. I went to the movie theatre here in Bowie, MD and it was packed. I saw a few none african americans in the audience. The only thing that I had problem with was the people in the audience talking loud and making comments during the movies. You would think that some of us would know how to act in a public setting. Well I guess not:)!

I finaly saw it yesterday and there were more white people in the theater than black people. They laughed the entire movie and were puzzled at some of the slang Madea was saying. The movies was really funny and had a great message. Gotta get my tickets for Madea goes to jail. :nod2:

Re: Diary Of A Mad Black Woman' Debuts At No. 1

kellis said:
I really enjoyed Diary of a Mad Black Woman. It was not the same as the play. I will purchase the movie when it comes out on dvd. :tup:

I concur...:tup:

Back