Clips from Diary of A Mad BlackWoman

pbla

Focus
<EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wurecommended/s_wufeatured/mediaplayer/default.asp" SRC="mms://lionsgate.arcostream.net/lionsgate/dmbw/clips/dmbw_11.wmv" ShowControls=1 ShowDisplay=0 ShowStatusBar=0 width=340 height=213 AUTOPLAY="true"></EMBED>

More clips at www.TylerPerry.com

I'm still going to have to wait until it dies down. Color folks don't know how to hush their mouths.

This is one pretty Black women

DiaryOfMadBlackWoman_01_273x400.jpg

link ...(stills)
http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/gallery.aspx?gallery=7298

I just read Roger Ebert's review and he ripped it, I mean ripped it with one star. I don't normally rely on reviews anyway, but I think he was really thrown off by Madea's character. He said that the movie would have been pretty good if it weren't for Madea who just seemed out of place in the story line.

I'm just ready to see me some Shemar! :D

White people don't understand people like Madea

This movie is for "US"s folks :bump:

Yes, this movie is for us (& the one white middle-aged couple in the theatre I was in.) I thoroughly enjoyed this movie right down to the out-takes shown as they rolled the credits. It was decently thought out & I never had a moment where I was, "Why in the hell did they do that." I'm going to go see it again!

"Diary of a Mad Black Woman" got its revenge against mixed critics' reviews by earning $22.7 million and taking first place at the weekend box office.

The film received some poor reviews, with The Associated Press giving it a single star in its four-star rating system and National Public Radio describing it as "half inspired and half really, really terrible."

Audiences in exit polls gave the film an A-plus rating and the vast majority said they would recommend the PG-13 rated film to others, Ortenberg said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=493&ncid=762&e=3&u=/ap/20050227/ap_en_mo/box_office

I went to the movies with the intent to see "Diary", but it was already too full in the theater by the time I got in. I didn't want to sit in the lower seats, so we went next door to see "Hitch."
I'll check it out later.

Its a nice movie with a good message. There were a couple of "Why in the hell did they do that?" scenes and they also could've done without the Old Man character. But overall it was a nice movie.

Diary Of A Mad Black Woman' Debuts At No. 1

http://www.thejacksonchannel.com/entertainment/4236619/detail.html

1. "Diary of a Mad Black Woman," $22.7 million
2. "Hitch," $21 million
3. "Constantine," $11.8 million
4. "Cursed," $9.6 million
5. "Man of the House," $9 million
6. "Million Dollar Baby," $7.2 million
7. "Because of Winn-Dixie," $6.8 million
8. "Are We There Yet?", $4 million
9. "The Aviator," $3.9 million
10. "Son of the Mask," $3.8 million

Re: Diary Of A Mad Black Woman' Debuts At No. 1

Tigger2 said:

2. "Hitch," $21 million

With Jamie Foxx winning best actor, Morgan Freeman winning best support actor, Beyonce' taking over the singing acts, Chris Rock hosting, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, and Hitch at the top of the box office. These white focks ain't gone let us win anything for the next ten years.

Forget about all of the reviews you have heard about. This is a good movie and it will be the first movie that I will ever go and pay to see more than once. Typically, I base a "good movie" on the opposite of the ratings. If they say "No" I be sure to go and see it and if they say "Yes" I be sure NOT to run and see it. So far, that has worked to my benefit.

"All you have to do is wake up in the morning, I will take it from there"....

DaGSUMan said:
With Jamie Foxx winning best actor, Morgan Freeman winning best support actor, Beyonce' taking over the singing acts, Chris Rock hosting, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, and Hitch at the top of the box office. These white focks ain't gone let us win anything for the next ten years.

YOU SHOLE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We better enjoy the next couple of weeks while we can.

I really enjoyed Diary of a Mad Black Woman. It was not the same as the play. I will purchase the movie when it comes out on dvd. :tup:

This was one good movie, Madea is off the chain, we went opening night and had a blast, we purchased our tickets the Wednesday before opening night. I would recommend this movie to anyone, and I'm going to go see it again on Wednesday. And believe it or not, the colored folks was not that rowdy, so I guess in was in with the mature crowd. I also believe that this movie made more money than what the white folks are reporting.

I am very proud of Tyler Perry, being from Da Boot... :D

Ummm, before the Oprah Winfrey show talked to Hillary Swank about her role in Million Dollar Baby...I had never heard of that movie!

Tigger2 said:

2. "Hitch," $21 million

Da GSUMAN: You aint right! Yeah, this was a FABULOUS weekend for me too! :D

Kellis: I want to purchase this movie, Ray and Fantasia's CD. These are movies and people I would not mind paying FULL price for their work. I want them to get the credit and the money. ;)

I am so proud of Tyler Perry...talk about a testimony. :tup: I thought the movie was funny. The credits were the funniest part though. I drove to the theater the farthest from inner city so I could hear it. They kept quiet during the movie, but had an illegal odor that filled up the theater. Only one white threesome was there.

:tup: :tup:

just when i thought memphis "negroes" were the worst in america, there is always a bunch to change my mind. while visiting my sister in nashville, we went to the opry mills mall and saw the movie. overall, from what i could hear, it was a good movie. however, the millions of negroes talking, laughing, cursing, walking, and not leaving their babies at home, i will have to see the movie again. like chris rock said: "i love my black people, but i hate ni**as!" :rolly:

I really enjoyed the movie, and I would pay to see it again with no problem. I think Tyler Perry did a good job and I liked the message the movie gave.

It did jump around at some point, but the end message was to forgive and trust God.

I read somewhere that his plays are based on his spiritually and how he feels.

:tup: :tup:

Back