"Click It Or Ticket" is Straight Orwellian.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Folks,, i don't care if you are TSPN liberals or ultra-liberals in general,,, ya gotta agree,, this it utter NON-SENSE!!!! WHAT IS THIS CRAP??!!! WHERE WILL IT STOP??!!!! SO WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO WEAR MY SEATBELT??!!!! IF I DIE, IT'S ME!!!!! IF I DON'T DIE AND THERE IS (so-called) HOSPITAL CARE "THAT MUST BE ADMINISTERED",, WHY DON'T WE JUST MAKE LAWS THAT SAY, IF I WASN'T WEARING MY SEATBELT I DON'T GET NO CARE, NO MATTER WHAT??!!!!! (gee, the media seems to document so well in all the wrecks and such you see on the ten o'clock news rather or not the perpetrators and/or victums were wearing seatbelts, so it shouldn't be THAT HARD to discern,,,),,, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

All this crap is BS!!!! All the forced helment laws for kids jumping up and down on the bed (that's not a law,,, i'm simply over-dramatizing to make a point), the liability for kids taking baths in the bath tubs (you just wait,, sooner or later, some scum-sucking lawyer will bring a suit against,, hell, i dunno,, BATH TUB MAKERS,, or Home Depot or Lowe's,, depending on which one is the most successful at the most opportune time,,) and drowning or slipping and busting their lip,,, or kids going up steps, slipping and scraping their shins,,, all of this will one day in the near future bring lucrative law suites against companies, public entities!!!!! WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS STOP???!! WHERE'S THE COMMON SENSE??!!!!!

What is it with America (err, ultra-do good-liberals) and trying to make everything 100% perfect for everybody???!!! This world is not perfect!!!! Sometimes things happen to you no matter what!!!! GET OVER IT AND STOP BLAMING ANYBODY AND ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR OWN DECISIONS AND SIMPLE FATE(OR THE LORD'S WILL)!!!!

:upset:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I totally agree. I was just talking to a friend about that yesterday. I always wear my seatbelt, but me not wearing a seatbelt does not effect anyone's life but mine. If I want to get my brains smashed on my windsheild, that's me. However, I do support child safety restrains laws, there is nothing worse than seeing a child jumping around in a moving car. I also support a ban on smoking in all public places since it has been proven that second hand smoke has effect people's health.

Dude .............. wear your's or not. Mine go on before I put the car in drive.

Spend a couple of day's driving in Jackson Ms, and the Metro area around it. After a couple of day's of this, you won't be able to get your seat belt on fast enough. :eek: :eek:

Ill say the same thing I said when the officer pulled me over and gave me a ticket for that.

Me: How much does it cost?

State Trooper: $10

Me: You mean you went through the trouble of pulling me over to give me a damn $10 ticket?

State Trooper: It's the law sir

Me: *snatched the ticket and drove off*

unknown1 said:
Ill say the same thing I said when the officer pulled me over and gave me a ticket for that.

Me: You mean you went through the trouble of pulling me over to give me a damn $10 ticket?

:lmao:

:lol:

unknown1 said:

It's not a $10 ticket in Texas......more like $200 and everyone in the vehicle has to be belted in. Adult passengers can be ticketed just as quick as the driver and the driver is responsible for the kids being belted in and can get ticketed for them not being belted in.

I hate it when I see people holding babys or small children in their lap in the front seat. They don't realize that everything inside the vehile is moving at the same rate of speed that the car is. So when they crash they can't hold the child at that speed and the child end of being a bumper for them and get smashed into the dashboard. It's not always how safe you drive but how unsafe the people around you drive.

I guess I don't see the big issue with it. I can't speak for other states, but back in California they started ticketing people for not using seat belts way back in the '80's(it damn sure wasn't a $10 ticket either). Personally, I can't even drive my car without a seat belt because the little seat belt alert will beep every 30 seconds or so until the driver's side seat belt is fastened.

Kanye West, send help.

jstate83 said:
Dude .............. wear your's or not. Mine go on before I put the car in drive.

Spend a couple of day's driving in Jackson Ms, and the Metro area around it. After a couple of day's of this, you won't be able to get your seat belt on fast enough. :eek: :eek:

and that's fine. i'm just saying,,, i even give an alternative; don't make a law FORCING people to wear this and that,, BUT AT THE SAME TIME,, just make a law that says if you are not wearing this or that and you have a wreck, you get no public funds for your healthcare. what's wrong with that???

Bartram said:
and that's fine. i'm just saying,,, i even give an alternative; don't make a law FORCING people to wear this and that,, BUT AT THE SAME TIME,, just make a law that says if you are not wearing this or that and you have a wreck, you get no public funds for your healthcare. what's wrong with that???

What is wrong with it is that the position does nothing to help save lives. In general, seat belts do help to save lives for both adults and children. You are probably too young to remember when seatbelts were an OPTION on vehicles and you had to pay extra for them. Now, they are required equipment. And there were (are?) cars that were equipped with automatic shoulder/lap belts at one time.

The only way that your alternative will make sense is when healthcare goes totally public. Then, we can also make sure that there are no funds used for any incidents where proper safety equipment is not used and for any pregnancies and children that were not born to a married husband and wife.

Back