classical music

Dr. Mac said:
No: The composer, Dr. Danker, wrote this in 1996. We played the piece I'm talking about back in the early 70's.

Thanks for looking into it, though.

Regards.

Oh dayum, my bad.......I didn't even peep that. :(

I will try again. :tup:

SLT said:
Being that the topic was about classical music, most didn't see a reason to reference jazz....:rolleyes:

There are plenty of people who enjoy jazz. I being one of them. So enough with the generalizations.

Can we stick to the topic please...... :smug:

:wavey: Joe
:wavey: Hey,....I wasn't the one that changed the subject. I had to respond and say amen to Northern Tiger and Olde Hornet. :nod2:

O.K. carry on. :smug:

I like Handle's "Messiah"...we sang it with the women's chorus....

I like some others but I don't know nuffin 'bout no classic music

Most of us know more classical music than we know. If you watched cartoons (old school), Bugs,the Warner Brothers or Disney cartoons - you got exposed to a healthy dose of classical music.

If you listen to the opening of one of the songs (I cant remember the name) from Alica Keys first CD, you hear the opening movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. A lot of classical music is incorporated in movies and pop music.

SLT said:
Being that the topic was about classical music, most didn't see a reason to reference jazz....:rolleyes:

There are plenty of people who enjoy jazz. I being one of them. So enough with the generalizations.

Can we stick to the topic please...... :smug:

:wavey: Joe

I mentioned Jazz because it being started by our race, more of an empasis of education should go towards the genre rather than european based.

Legend35 said:
:wavey: Hey,....I wasn't the one that changed the subject. I had to respond and say amen to Northern Tiger and Olde Hornet. :nod2:

O.K. carry on. :smug:

I know you didn't......;) That was a stray bullet...:lol:

:wavey:

Olde Hornet said:
Most of us know more classical music than we know. If you watched cartoons (old school), Bugs,the Warner Brothers or Disney cartoons - you got exposed to a healthy dose of classical music.

If you listen to the opening of one of the songs (I cant remember the name) from Alica Keys first CD, you hear the opening movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. A lot of classical music is incorporated in movies and pop music.

I like Moonlight Sonata. Never knew what it was, but I LIKE IT....

And there is another one that P-Diddy uses in a song...I like it but can't call the name.

The "Lullabye," that song that many people hum or sing to kids when they are trying to put them to sleep, is a symphonic piece by Brahms.

Regards.

yvette23 said:
Dayum, how did you know?? :shh: :lol:
I saw your picture in one of your sigs playing a trombone. :angel2:

Anyway I just love some of the timpani lines in some of John Williams works.Also the 20th Century Fox fanfare is off the chain..I love the timpani line in that fanfare.:D

Back