Chelsea Clinton takes six-figure consulting job

PV-PRIDE

You think being the daughter of a former President had any bearing on her receiving a six-figure offer for her first job............

Chelsea Clinton takes six-figure consulting job
NEW YORK (AP) ? Chelsea Clinton will start a six-figure consulting job after she receives a master's degree from Oxford University later this year, Newsweek magazine reports on its Web site.

Chelsea Clinton, 23, will graduate from Oxford University later this year.
By Gary Hershorn, Reuters

The daughter of former President Clinton will work in the New York office of London-based McKinsey & Company, newsweek.com reported Friday.

Clinton, 23, accepted the position Friday after she reportedly turned down McKinsey's offer of $100,000 a year to work at its London headquarters, according to the Web site.

A spokesman for McKinsey did not immediately return a call for comment Saturday, nor did Bill Clinton's office.

Clinton, who is studying international relations at Oxford, will be one of 5,000 McKinsey consultants worldwide who research topics ranging from health care to corporate finance.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Being a presiden't daughter or not...

If YOU get a Master's from OXFORD...YOU are more than likely gonna get paid, too!!! :D

Why is this news? This kid got a degree from one of the top schools in the world.

GO CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How when the ecomony is in the crapper....
But she did get the degree from an Ivy League school.

Originally posted by jelli
How when the ecomony is in the crapper....
But she did get the degree from an Ivy League school.

She first finished from Stanford before heading for Oxford. But the point is understood.

Originally posted by EB

She first finished from Stanford before heading for Oxford. But the point is understood.

:lmao:

I was witcha, EB :)

A slow economy don't mean isht when you have "credentials".
EVERY company needs new people...where you come from just determines how "BADLY" you are needed....;)

Well, I figured she got robbed. With a degree from Stanford and Oxford, she could have got more. But I ain't mad at her. Dem damn Clinton's.

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
Well, I figured she got robbed. With a degree from Stanford and Oxford, she could have got more. But I ain't mad at her. Dem damn Clinton's.

Sperm, that's just it.

I mean, this looks like the usual case of "I got the job because of WHERE I WENT" instead of "WHAT I KNOW".

I never heard of chelsea blowing up the academic standards of either institution, so she may have gotten what she got for merely completing the degree...whether she's thorough or not...;)

But all in all, props for makin' the loot.

Originally posted by Ntelekt

Sperm, that's just it.

I mean, this looks like the usual case of "I got the job because of WHERE I WENT" instead of "WHAT I KNOW".

I never heard of chelsea blowing up the academic standards of either institution, so she may have gotten what she got for merely completing the degree...whether she's thorough or not...;)

But all in all, props for makin' the loot.

Very true Innalek, but I wish her the best.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Exactly!!!

The biggest battle is to actually get INTO Oxford! Once you're there...you're pretty much straight. :D

Now THAT is where being the "president's daughter" REALLY comes into play...:lol: ;)

Originally posted by Ntelekt

:lmao:

I was witcha, EB :)

A slow economy don't mean isht when you have "credentials".
EVERY company needs new people...where you come from just determines how "BADLY" you are needed....;)

I understand, and you are correct. People are hired in a bad economy. I was mentioning Stanford since it was mentioned that she graduated from an Ivy League school.

It can be a big battle getting into Stanford too.

I thought she had an high GPA at Stanford. More power to her I think she earned her degrees and certainly being the former President's daughter helped her get in the door.

BTW, in 2002, the top 8 graduates from SULC landed jobs in major law firms across the country all making over 100,000. So the jobs are there for the well prepared as well as the well connected.

Originally posted by Seeing Spots

BTW, in 2002, the top 8 graduates from SULC landed jobs in major law firms across the country all making over 100,000. So the jobs are there for the well prepared as well as the well connected.

Glad to hear this....way to go SULC. :tup:

Originally posted by EB

I understand, and you are correct. People are hired in a bad economy. I was mentioning Stanford since it was mentioned that she graduated from an Ivy League school.

It can be a big battle getting into Stanford too.

That's what I'm talking about.

"I'm with you" about the reference to Oxford being referred to as an Ivy league school.

The rest of it wasn't directed at you, man. :)

Well look at it. She attended the best schools in Arkansas as the governor's daughter. The best schools in DC as the Presidents Daughter. One of the top/hardest business schools in America. One of the most prestigious universities in the world (Oxford). Her dad is a role-scholar/former President of the Free World, mother is a Senator. What did you expect? For her to get caught in a liquor store in Austin?

If she only got $100,000 then she got robbed. I'm sure there are students coming out making $60 or $70 with a 4 year degree from the SWAC.

Da_Sperm: Naw, We couldn't expect Chelsea to be caught in the liquor store in Austin. However, we could not be surprised if Jeb and Dubya Bush's daughters got caught in a liquor store in Austin. :D

Back