Chappelle on Oprah

Dr. Phreeze

It is I...Yes it is...
CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Dave Chappelle told Oprah Winfrey he was stressed out and not crazy or on drugs when he abruptly left his hit Comedy Central show last spring during production.

In his first television interview since ditching "Chappelle's Show" in May, the comedian said that after he signed a $50 million deal for the third and fourth seasons in August 2004, too many people were trying to control him and his show.

"I wasn't crazy but it is incredibly stressful," Chappelle, 32, said during his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that aired Friday.

"I felt in a lot of instances I was deliberately being put through stress because when you're a guy who generates money, people have a vested interested in controlling you," Chappelle said.

Last May, with the premiere date looming for the third season, Chappelle stunned his fans and the entertainment industry by leaving the show in mid-production. He spent two weeks in South Africa before returning home to his farm near Yellow Springs, Ohio, about 75 miles northeast of Cincinnati. Chappelle has since resumed performing live standup.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/03/chappelle.winfrey.ap/index.html

Porah doesn't air until 4pm here in Htown, I have the schedule to tape via DVR. I will be watching it tonight.

Dr. Freeze said:
CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Dave Chappelle told Oprah Winfrey he was stressed out and not crazy or on drugs when he abruptly left his hit Comedy Central show last spring during production.

In his first television interview since ditching "Chappelle's Show" in May, the comedian said that after he signed a $50 million deal for the third and fourth seasons in August 2004, too many people were trying to control him and his show.

"I wasn't crazy but it is incredibly stressful," Chappelle, 32, said during his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that aired Friday.

"I felt in a lot of instances I was deliberately being put through stress because when you're a guy who generates money, people have a vested interested in controlling you," Chappelle said.

Last May, with the premiere date looming for the third season, Chappelle stunned his fans and the entertainment industry by leaving the show in mid-production. He spent two weeks in South Africa before returning home to his farm near Yellow Springs, Ohio, about 75 miles northeast of Cincinnati. Chappelle has since resumed performing live standup.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/03/chappelle.winfrey.ap/index.html

Wow...

Chapelle on quiting Comedy Central: "Follow your heart." (He then breaks wind.):lmao: :lmao:
"Oprah is having my baby, I'm rich beyotch!" -Dave Chapelle

Back