Censorship

sophandros

Free Thinker
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...u=/nm/20021121/en_nm/media_indecency_fcc_dc_2

My take:

You don't like it, don't watch it. If we censor anything, get rid of the violence out there. Oh, wait, the Religious Reich only hates sex, not violence. More people are killed by tanks than teddies.

And nudity <> sex. I saw about five minutes of the Victoria's Secret show, and what I saw was not that bad. Well, it was bad it you don't want your daughter to have a low self-esteem, but they won't get rid of their paradigms of beauty (who the hell determines that crap, anyway???) which cause millions of women to mutilate, starve, or otherwise injure themselves at best and kill themselves at worst.

Apologies for the mini-rant against the system.

If they don't like the programming, why don't they just change the channel. You mean to tell me with all these religous cable networks these people were WATCHING THE VICTORIA'S SECRET FASHION SHOW!!!!!!!!!

It seems to me that our country is slowly converting to a THEOCRATIC state like IRAN, IRAQ,PAKISTAN and other countries with archaic ideology.

But I hope common sense rules in judgement from the FCC. 300 phone calls and emails should not over rule 12 million viewers.

Originally posted by pbla

It seems to me that our country is slowly converting to a THEOCRATIC state like IRAN, IRAQ,PAKISTAN and other countries with archaic ideology.

Check out the discussion on the Prayer Board about Incest.

Some people have never read their own Holy Scriptures, it seems.

Originally posted by sophandros

Check out the discussion on the Prayer Board about Incest.

Some people have never read their own Holy Scriptures, it seems.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Why must we stoop to this level. Lets not go there.

In fact Sophandros, Give me an example of people not reading the scriptures.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Originally posted by docmump

Why must we stoop to this level. Lets not go there.

In fact Sophandros, Give me an example of people not reading the scriptures.

Certainly. There are those who are completely unaware of the existance of the Levitical Code, for instance. These same people have attempted to justify genocide by saying that, "God ordered it in the Bible, so it must be OK."

Certainly. There are those who are completely unaware of the existance of the Levitical Code, for instance. These same people have attempted to justify genocide by saying that, "God ordered it in the Bible, so it must be OK."
Sophandros,
I am going to post something you may already know. I am a Christian. Now as a Christian, I believe in the Bible. One of those things I believe are the reprevials of the Levitical Codes. This was done when Christ died on the cross. Also, when Peter was on a roof top and God told him to eat with the Gentiles even though they were eating unclean meats ( Pork, catfish, shrimps, etc). :)

These same people have attempted to justify genocide by saying that, "God ordered it in the Bible, so it must be OK."

Those are the same people that try to justify Why God would use a liar and a prostitute to hide Joshua. This religion is not about justification. It is about God, the relationship with God, and the salvation of God. Now, In all of that is Justification. ;) If God wants to order genocide, he can. Why? Because he is God. If God wants to use a prostitute to hide Joshua and have her lie in the process, he can. Why? He is God.
The Bible stated this
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isa 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
That tells me that I am not going to understand EVERYTHING that God does and I may never understand.

:)

That's fine and dandy, but at the same time, one must admit that we can not limit God to one religion's worldview simply because we like it.

I hate censorship. Ofcourse there is a little going on on this very site.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...u=/nm/20021121/en_nm/media_indecency_fcc_dc_2

My take:

You don't like it, don't watch it. If we censor anything, get rid of the violence out there. Oh, wait, the Religious Reich only hates sex, not violence. More people are killed by tanks than teddies.

And nudity <> sex. I saw about five minutes of the Victoria's Secret show, and what I saw was not that bad. Well, it was bad it you don't want your daughter to have a low self-esteem, but they won't get rid of their paradigms of beauty (who the hell determines that crap, anyway???) which cause millions of women to mutilate, starve, or otherwise injure themselves at best and kill themselves at worst.

Apologies for the mini-rant against the system.

Since I am part of the Religious Reich, let me assure you that violence has a lower on the sensitivity threshold than sexuality. Unfortunately, the war against sexuality has already been lost. It is everywhere. Uncontrolled sexuality is a slow and silent killer while violence is just the opposite. It is immediate and horrifically loud.

We do agree that the best control is self-control. I did not watch any of the Victoria's Secret show. I don't want to see those women wearing the lingerie; I want to see MY WIFE wearing the lingerie. So, I go and buy what I want to see her wearing. Simple. Anyone who watched the show knowing that it was for VS Lingerie show and then complained about it is simply stu---.

Is "good" when you are in control of it,

and "bad" when you are not in control of it, is all this boils down to.

out

Back