Catwoman and Halle Berry Haters;Hotel Rwanda

pbla

Focus
Dang, I finally got a chance to see Catwoman on DVD this weekend and man all those folx who said the movie was not shat was dead wrong. Halle has the talent of showing emotions through her eyes very well and it is very definite. In one scene where she tells her boss virtually to fugg himself,she showed that skill perfectly;a few seconds she was the meek and goofy Patience Phillips and the next second she was the ferocius Catwoman. The eyes were the difference, they were very convincing. That is not easy to do. She has that gift that cannot be taught,as well as Denzel Washington and Alfre Woodard.Acting through your eyes as well as tone. Some got it and some don't. But I enjoyed this movie.

I also watched Hotel Rwanda. Don Cheadle should have won an Oscar for his performance. The other supporting actors were no slouches either.

I, too, thought CatWoman was pretty good...and I'm a big Halle Berry fan, so I may be a tad bit biased. :D

Do you think Don Cheadle should have beaten out Jamie Foxx for that Oscar? I haven't seen Hotel RWanda yet...it's in Blockbuster's but it's ALWAYS checked out. :mad:

SU's Finest '93 said:
I, too, thought CatWoman was pretty good...and I'm a big Halle Berry fan, so I may be a tad bit biased. :D

Do you think Don Cheadle should have beaten out Jamie Foxx for that Oscar? I haven't seen Hotel RWanda yet...it's in Blockbuster's but it's ALWAYS checked out. :mad:

No, really I think the performance by Jamie is once in a lifetime for him.He spent a lot of time with Ray Charles to pick up his mannerisims. I could be wrong though, he did well in Collateral also. Don Cheadle probally would have voted for Jamie for his portrayal of Ray Charles.

Hotel Rawanda .................. :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

CATWOMAN ................................ :look: :emlaugh: :xeye: :goof: :goof: :goof:
She looked good in the suit ..............that is all. :bump:

Don Cheadle probally would have voted for Jamie for his portrayal of Ray Charles.

Did you even see hotel Rwanda or are you smoking crack? Don Cheadle did not win because Ray Charles had just died. For the record I saw both movies. Hotel Rwanda is a far more superior movie than Ray. Cheadle's performance of Paul Rusesabagina greatly exceeds Jamie's portral of Ray Charles Robinson.

Oh what a dumb azz comment "...Jamie spent alot of time with Ray..." Your statement infers that Cheadle did not work with Paul. Oh brother. Cheadle did quiet a few interviews discussing how he worked closely with Paul Rusesabagina.

SU Finest if you rent the movie, I would suggest that you also pick up a box of tissue because you will need something to wipe your eyes when you view the movie.

For the record Ray was a disappointment to me.

pv_symbiotic said:
Did you even see hotel Rwanda or are you smoking crack? Don Cheadle did not win because Ray Charles had just died. For the record I saw both movies. Hotel Rwanda is a far more superior movie than Ray. Cheadle's performance of Paul Rusesabagina greatly exceeds Jamie's portral of Ray Charles Robinson.

Oh what a dumb azz comment "...Jamie spent alot of time with Ray..." Your statement infers that Cheadle did not work with Paul. Oh brother. Cheadle did quiet a few interviews discussing how he worked closely with Paul Rusesabagina.

SU Finest if you rent the movie, I would suggest that you also pick up a box of tissue because you will need something to wipe your eyes when you view the movie.

That's YOUR opinion of the movie...just b/c YOU thought it was a disappointment, does not mean everyone else did. Jamie deserved that Oscar...he played Ray to a tee. You can't deny him that. Not to say that Don Cheadle didn't play the hell out of his role as well, but don't deny Jamie his due.

btw, pbla already stated that he DID see the movie. :rolleyes:

pv_symbiotic said:
Did you even see hotel Rwanda or are you smoking crack? Don Cheadle did not win because Ray Charles had just died. For the record I saw both movies. Hotel Rwanda is a far more superior movie than Ray.

It was not about the movie but the individual performance.

jag4life said:
It was not about the movie but the individual performance.

I cannot agree with you more and if you would have included my next sentence. I said that Don, blew Jamie out of the water when it came to acting performance.

Jamie did not deserve that Oscar nor did he earn that Oscar. What are you talking about.

pv_symbiotic said:
I cannot agree with you more and if you would have included my next sentence. I said that Don, blew Jamie out of the water when it came to acting performance.

Jamie did not deserve that Oscar nor did he earn that Oscar. What are you talking about.

wow.

pv_symbiotic said:

Wow....I thought it was a toss up between Jamie and DiCaprio with Don being close behind.

Cheadle is the man. I rented both Ocean 12 and Hotel Rwanda. Cheadle's ability of honing a British and Hutu accent is amazing.

You can not knock Jaime. His performance was substantiated with an Oscar.

GSUperTiger said:
Cheadle is the man. I rented both Ocean 12 and Hotel Rwanda. Cheadle's ability of honing a British and Hutu accent is amazing.

You can not knock Jaime. His performance was substantiated with an Oscar.
Thank you...I don't see how anyone could take that away from him. Even if you're not a Jamie Foxx or Ray Charles fan, that boy played the hell out of Ray. :tup:

jelli said:
Why? just curious...

I did not have an issue with Jamie playing Ray. I wanted a movie about more than Ray sleeping with a lot of women. I knew about the whole ??to be a Ray-lette you have to let Ray??

After watching a movie about the world standing by and letting genocide occur, I couldn?t get hyped about a millionaire checking into rehab to beat a drug addition.

Ray appeared as they danced around many ugly points of his life.

pv_symbiotic said:

Is it not that the Oscars is voted on by the actors themselves in Hollywood and New York? If that's the case then evidently they must have felt that Jamie deserved the Oscar.

pv_symbiotic said:
I did not have an issue with Jamie playing Ray. I wanted a movie about more than Ray sleeping with a lot of women. I knew about the whole ??to be a Ray-lette you have to let Ray??

After watching a movie about the world standing by and letting genocide occur, I couldn?t get hyped about a millionaire checking into rehab to beat a drug addition.

Ray was a musical genius, but he was also a whore-mungering (sp)womanizer....which ALL was portrayed in the movie. It was HIS life story...and he knew about everything that was put in the movie before his death, so obviously he approved.

pv_symbiotic said:

I'm not understnading what your issue is, what uglier points in his life that you felt they skated around?

You know, after reading all the above posts, it all goes to show that you ain't gonna please everybody no matter what you do.

Killer Bees said:
I think Catwoman sucked because it had a horrible plot.

I still haven't seen Hotel Rwanda.
What comic book action character story has a good plot? It was good for it's genre of action hero. I think Hollywood does not give credit to the genres that made Hollywood of what it is today;genres like Horror, Sci-fi, Westerns and Action comic book heroes.But the credit should fall mostly to the genre of Horror for the financial success of Hollywood and the other many class b movies that were made for a little and made huge profits at the box office.

pbla said:
What comic book action character story has a good plot? It was good for it's genre of action hero. I think Hollywood does not give credit to the genres that made Hollywood of what it is today;genres like Horror, Sci-fi, Westerns and Action comic book heroes.But the credit should fall mostly to the genre of Horror for the financial success of Hollywood and the other many class b movies that were made for a little and made huge profits at the box office.

I think the plot in Spiderman and X-Men are a lot better than the plots in Catwoman and the Hulk.

Killer Bees said:
I think the plot in Spiderman and X-Men are a lot better than the plots in Catwoman and the Hulk.
:lmao: See, I think Spiderman sucks bigtime, to predictable.I knew what the next scenes were going to be when it first came out:lol:.

It's all about opinion;one person's opinion is just as good or bad as the other's opinion.

Back