Carl Nassib is the first openly gay active NFL player

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Who the hell cares....just play football and sthu...
I generally agree, but unfortunately we are at the stage where people do care, look at some of the comments to this post. Hopefully society will get to a point where this is not a discussion with the focus on the play on the field.

We just had a cat drive into a parade crowd because he was mad over people being gay. I used to be on the who cares side but I am seeing how much some people still have issues.

I think the issue in sports will be more with the transgender athletes....specifically the males wanting to compete as females.

I generally agree, but unfortunately we are at the stage where people do care, look at some of the comments to this post. Hopefully society will get to a point where this is not a discussion with the focus on the play on the field.

I think folks don't want it to be the only thing that defines the player in question.

What folks don't want is someone being drafted for attention and a story versus what they bring to the team.

32 teams, about 50 players per team... yeah, there are a lot of gay dudes on rosters right now. Heard to many stories while at alcorn about what dudes were doing when there weren't any women available and that was in the 90's!
From a spiritual standpoint I do regard homosexuality as a sin, but I leave people alone about it. the bible tells Christians we should tell others the truth of the gospel IN LOVE. too often the church has told others the truth of the gospel to CONDEMN. that isn't right and it's not a Jesus-centered version of the gospel. Jesus would eat with the brother, build a relationship & at the end of the night he'd deny himself, take up the cross and follow Jesus or... he wouldn't. Not everyone that heard Jesus' voice, followed. We have free will. to the best of my ability I try not to allow what people are doing to determine how I treat and interact with them. I want to provide the same love, grace and mercy that is extended to me by Jesus to everyone without regard to their circumstance. Some might say they don't need my love, grace and mercy for being themselves and doing what is natural to them. I get that, and people may indeed not believe in God. I do. He is holy and none of us can measure up on our own, certainly not me. That said, what I will not do is call what He called a sin and say it's okay. Not the things in my life or others. Best I can do is keep my mouth shut and love'em up until they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I authentically, and unconditionally love them and that sharing the truth of the gospel is coming from that place.

As we commemorate this "historic day" of this white man’s mental disorder. Let us reflect on a real hero and black activist Colin Kaepernick who was truly brave enough to take a stand and sacrificed it all for his people and to this day is still not in the NFL. For some reason we still don’t see these “alphabet allies” demanding for him to come back in the NFL. Yet again black folk you have no allies.

As we commemorate this "historic day" of this white man’s mental disorder. Let us reflect on a real hero and black activist Colin Kaepernick who was truly brave enough to take a stand and sacrificed it all for his people and to this day is still not in the NFL. For some reason we still don’t see these “alphabet allies” demanding for him to come back in the NFL. Yet again black folk you have no allies.
Glad somebody see it. Our people are so damn quick to assimilate to and acknowledge foolishness! No wonder we still in the same place we were over 400 years ago!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I dare one of those black players to say something homophobic about/to this man, and watch, 'how quick, they will be blackballed.

Meanwhile, white people were not in a uproar about Andy Reid's son almost killing that little girl, or that Seahawks player beating the shit out of his girlfriend.

( They are both black females)🤔

I think folks don't want it to be the only thing that defines the player in question.

What folks don't want is someone being drafted for attention and a story versus what they bring to the team.
That is not the case here.

This is similar stuff that non white people went through joining professional sports.

That's right, shut up and dribble. Oh wait...

As someone reminded me yesterday, heterosexual people are told to stay out of their bedrooms so we do yet when they come out, it's made out to be a national event with a ticker tape parade.

Oh yeah. I didn't post the story about the New Zealand guy who will be competing in the Olympics for them as a woman (weightlifting).

That move was dumb then and it still is dumb.

If you are going to do it, wait until you were in the league. He blackballed himself out of the league. One of the early cases of black LGBT people othering themselves from black society putting sexuality before race

Agreed. I said at the time that it wasn't smart. He should have gotten his money first.

Glad somebody see it. Our people are so damn quick to assimilate to and acknowledge foolishness! No wonder we still in the same place we were over 400 years ago!
We fight so hard for white folks sick agendas it is sickening. And we do all that fighting for not benefit. You never catch me fighting for this mess that’s not my fight or concern that’s the white man’s problem. View: https://youtu.be/9VAmSRM8mrw

Last edited:
Back