Can someone tell me about Gluten

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
I know that Gluten is filler that is added to meat and bread. Back on June 1, I switched to organic foods to remove most of the gluten from my diet. If I purchase a burger I want to pay for a burger, not 65% burger 35% gluten.

Has anyone else ran across this or some other food that they enjoy only to discovered that there food had filler in it?

I know that Gluten is filler that is added to meat and bread. Back on June 1, I switched to organic foods to remove most of the gluten from my diet. If I purchase a burger I want to pay for a burger, not 65% burger 35% gluten.

Has anyone else ran across this or some other food that they enjoy only to discovered that there food had filler in it?

Honestly..now when I want a Real burger. I hit up Fuddruckers or a BBQ place!

My problem wasn't with gluten, mine was with sugar. You just don't realize everything that sugar is in. Some things you don't even think about, like bread. That's when I found sugar free bread. Even buying chicken and turkey at the deli. You would expect sugar in the honey roasted flavors, but not in the others.

I am still researching the side effects. I know some people have adverse reactions to gluten to where it may kill them. Since gluten is in darn near every thing they have to be very careful as to what they eat.

Delock, you clowned yourself with the burgers that you ate. I have some organic salmon burgers that were seasoned to perfection.

You need to swing by the organic store and pick some up for grilling. Later will will try to kick your own azz for eating that sub-standard Fud-whatever.

I am still researching the side effects. I know some people have adverse reactions to gluten to where it may kill them. Since gluten is in darn near every thing they have to be very careful as to what they eat.

Delock, you clowned yourself with the burgers that you ate. I have some organic salmon burgers that were seasoned to perfection.

You need to swing by the organic store and pick some up for grilling. Later will will try to kick your own azz for eating that sub-standard Fud-whatever.

One of my trainers was allergic to gluten. She rarely ate any breads, pasta, wheat products because of the way it made her feel. She bought gluten-free everything. She shopped for organic foods. She told me to go gluten free but I couldn't do it.

Man Whole Food is pricey

And your point is what?

I don't know about you, but I graduated from college so that I wouldn't have to be saying statements similar to that.

Well, if you knew how much food I consume in a day you would understand.

I have brought steaks from Whole Food before....and they were pretty good!

Back to Gluten...

I was so pissed when I learned that they put gluten in all meats.

So I have decided to go organic with all foods except Special K cereal and Oatmeal. This weekend, I will look for organic oatmeal and cereal.

I had my friend crying when I was showing her that dog and cat food in the refrigerated section next to the gluten free breakfast sausage.

Looking forward to being gluten free for 30 days.

Man Whole Food is pricey

Eating out is pricey too. I eat tons of organic food. I won't go completely organic because it is hard to find items in sufficient quantity in backwards ass Mississippi. I went to Whole Foods when I was out of town and ran wild in that joint. It reminds me of the local Rainbow Co-op, but much bigger, with a wide selection of products.

I feel you on quantity of food. I eat a ton of crap too. I have to eat an entire bamboo steamer of broccoli and Normandy blend to get full.

Whole grains, multigrains (Just started eating 12 grain bread.. great), and organic is the way to go.

Different strokes for different folks.

Back to the topic:

There are a lot of people who are allergic to glutens. Most of the supplements I take state they are gluten free. Obviously glutens are not good for the general population. I saw a report on how they have put glutens in every damn thing. The food manufacturers don't care, they are all about the dollar.

So, is eating "organic" really ssooooo much better for you, or is it just the new "in" thing that america is going crazy over?

So, is eating "organic" really ssooooo much better for you, or is it just the new "in" thing that america is going crazy over?

I don't eat organic for the sake of eating organic. It just happens the products I use are often organic. When you start eating more whole grains, you will see a lot of products labeled as organic. A lot of it is hype. I tried some organic bananas once, and I am still scratching my head. They come in a funny looking bag, and because they are not only "organic" but "genetically unengineered", they are more prone to spoilage, insect damage, etc.

I would not buy any of the stuff without researching it for your own benefit. I can only speak what works for me. I still by hothouse tomatos, and I am no Vegan by any stretch of the imagination.

People,

I purchased a Chocolate Creme pie made with organic products (milk, sugar). That thing is fantastic, it hits the spot on those rough evenings when I work out.

I am liking this organic diet, 11 more days before the decision is made.

Looking forward to trying the Halibut Burgers.

I don't eat organic for the sake of eating organic. It just happens the products I use are often organic. When you start eating more whole grains, you will see a lot of products labeled as organic. A lot of it is hype. I tried some organic bananas once, and I am still scratching my head. They come in a funny looking bag, and because they are not only "organic" but "genetically unengineered", they are more prone to spoilage, insect damage, etc.

I would not buy any of the stuff without researching it for your own benefit. I can only speak what works for me. I still by hothouse tomatos, and I am no Vegan by any stretch of the imagination.

:topic:Speaking of Whole Foods...I'm a believer now. I went in there once when they first opened here and thought these prices are too high on this beautiful stuff so I'll just use this as a hang out place once a year when I want to drool over the beauty of presentation of the food.

Well fast forward to about a month ago, I took my grant program children on a tour there and my opinion has totally changed. The tour guide was very thorough and patient with the children. We tasted so many different things. Their fresh fruit is the best I ever had in my life. The pineapples, strawberries, grapes and peaches are just so sweeeeet. The homemade ice cream will make you forget Baskin Robbins, bluebell and Coldstone ever were founded. Now things there are costly, about double of what I would pay elsewhere, but the quality is so worth it. It's very easy to have one grocery bag of fruit total to over $30. :shame: Never thought I'd be running there to pay $4 for a pound of grapes...but I do it with a :D. I haven't gotten to buying meats there yet. I will work up to that.

Oh and they let you sample anything you want to sample while you shop, before you buy it. :nod:

No, I don't think eating "organic" is taht much better for a person. Just because it has the label "organic" doesn't make it better than a product that is not labeled "organic."

Gluten is an amorphous mixture of ergastic (i.e. non-living) proteins found combined with starch in the endosperm of some cereals, notably wheat, rye, and barley. It constitutes about 80% of the proteins contained in wheat, and is composed of the proteins gliadin and glutenin. Gluten is responsible for the elasticity of kneaded dough, which allows it to be leavened, as well as the "chewiness" of baked products like bagels.

In Celiac (or Coeliac) disease, an immune-mediated reaction to digestive breakdown product of gliadin leads to damage to the lining of the small intestine. Celiacs must observe a lifelong gluten-free diet.

NPR ran story today or yesterday on Celiac disease, I will see if I can find the link.

And your point is what?

I don't know about you, but I graduated from college so that I wouldn't have to be saying statements similar to that.

I guess ...

Anyway, I had a student who was allergic to gluten once. We had a list of things that she could and could not eat if we had parties or treats in the class and such. I also went to high school with a girl who had the same condition.

They rolled with it, so I did, as well; although I was thankful it wasn't me.

:topic:Speaking of Whole Foods...I'm a believer now. I went in there once when they first opened here and thought these prices are too high on this beautiful stuff so I'll just use this as a hang out place once a year when I want to drool over the beauty of presentation of the food.

Well fast forward to about a month ago, I took my grant program children on a tour there and my opinion has totally changed. The tour guide was very thorough and patient with the children. We tasted so many different things. Their fresh fruit is the best I ever had in my life. The pineapples, strawberries, grapes and peaches are just so sweeeeet. The homemade ice cream will make you forget Baskin Robbins, bluebell and Coldstone ever were founded. Now things there are costly, about double of what I would pay elsewhere, but the quality is so worth it. It's very easy to have one grocery bag of fruit total to over $30. :shame: Never thought I'd be running there to pay $4 for a pound of grapes...but I do it with a :D. I haven't gotten to buying meats there yet. I will work up to that.

Oh and they let you sample anything you want to sample while you shop, before you buy it. :nod:

They are good if you don't choose to eat things with preservatives in them. I like Whole Foods a lot!

Whole Food,

There is nothing wrong with shooping there if you can afford it. I have shopped there many times and came out broke:retard::lmao:.

The meat is cool if you looking for nice steaks.....:xeye:

The one on Kirby is loaded with women all the time....:pimp:

I went to Central Market on Saturday and...

Between the Chicken Sausage at Center Market and the Turkey Sausage at Whole Foods, will be a grilling summer.

Whole Foods and Central Market have some lobster tails and other meat that will be just perfect when I have guest come through.

Back