Bush Lies, the Media SWALLOWS

Good Article

I just can't see why the masses of the American people in general and African Americans in particular, are still so susceptible to the media and politicians.:confused:

Re: Good Article

Originally posted by Attack Dog
I just can't see why the masses of the American people in general and African Americans in particular, are still so susceptible to the media and politicians.:confused:

See the seventh word in your post? It's the MASSES. It's sad to say, but we as Americans in general and African Americans specifically tend to get caught up in "group think" or the "mob mentality", esp. when politics are involved. It's easier to let someone else think for you than to think for yourself, and when our school systems discourage critical thinking and want to drug our children because they learn differently, it's not too difficult to see how we got this way.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

If a person can develop good critical thinking skills everything else will fall into place. However, the shapers of public opinion do not wish this. We need to wake up and realize the need for a quality education for the masses.

I rock with laughter at the media's "hands off" policy as it relates to being critical of li'l Bushy! All that garbage from pundits about this "degree of respect" for the President is bullisht! Where was this "degree" during the eight years of the previous administration?

Clinton wasn' t perfect, and those of us who voted for him never claimed that he was. But if Clinton wasn't, "li'l Bush" as Saddam calls him is even further from it, and it simply amazes me that the political talk show hosts on the televison and cable networks "tiptoe" around criticism of Bush. Even more, how does a man who sometimes seems to have trouble putting three words together, garner so much respect and admiration, especially when compared to the former president who was a Rhodes Scholar, and respected around the world as an intellect and a leader?

Why do media spin misters strain to avoid criticism of this current president as if he's above being criticized? Hell, even leaders in other countries (namely Canada and Englan) have referred to Bush as "dumb." If they can see it, why can't most Americans?

Sad! :smh:

Folks, what is happening now is worse that what happened during the Reagan years. Sure, Reagan got mostly good press. But he was attacked too. However, with the good press and Reagan's expert media handlers (Baker, Dever, Meese, Regan, and the rest), he was known as the teflon president. But the media is being much kinder to Bush than it was to Reagan in my opinion.

and to think...

Dubya will probably be remembered as a better president and having more "morals" than Clinton. Sad, very sad. Where's the criminal investigators when you need them?

Nope?

Bush deserves it because, in many capacities, he's being an ass.

It is "un-American" to criticize the president in times such as these.:(

And now, according to a CNN.com instant poll, most Americans see Korea as a greater threat than Iraq. However, our govt. is hell-bent on bombing the intercourse out of Iraq. I WONDER WHY.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

If a person can develop good critical thinking skills everything else will fall into place. However, the shapers of public opinion do not wish this. We need to wake up and realize the need for a quality education for the masses.

Oh no America can't have the masses with critical thinking skills!
Then there would be no religion and capitalisim.
:winkgrin:

It's funny that you guys are calling for critical thinking, and for people to be able to make up their own minds on political issues.

Yall must be republicans or something. LOL. Because normally, we act like its a crime when another black person doesn't agree with the same "masses" that you are condeming when it comes to poolicy, social reform, economic issies, etc.

Just an obseration from someone who is often labeled and "Uncle Tom, or House Kneegrow" when I put my crital thinking to use.

The debate and compromise that come from varying viewpoints are the keys to a thriving republic. Critical thinking keeps the mind open and alert.

The debate and compromise that come from varying viewpoints are the keys to a thriving republic. Critical thinking keeps the mind open and alert.

I agree.

Back