BREAKING SWAC NEWS!!!!! (Surprise Announcement from TX)!!!!

PRIDE, HOW CAN YOU EVEN FIX YOUR FINGERS TO TYPE SMACK!!!!!! OH I FORGOT, I GUESS WITH ALL THOSE CHAMPIONSHIPS YOU HAVE YOU CAN TALK ALL YOU WANT :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Things are changing for the better. Just by being in the state of Texas alone we should be a force with the extra scholarships.

Memo to you schools with unprogressive ADs, your hurting no one but yourself.

Being in the state of Texas hasn't helped Texas Southern or Baylor. Scholarships willl help, but you still have to get rid of the stigma that's been placed on the program. I know hindsight is 20/20, but PV would've been better off moving down to D-2 or lower years ago until they built their program back up.

Originally posted by Kool-Aid2K1
Being in the state of Texas hasn't helped Texas Southern or Baylor.

Notice the operative word that Blu Panther said:

"unprogressive ADs"

The only reason Baylor is in the Big 12 is because of alum Ann Richards.

I don't think this was fair, but I understand the direction. But they used Dorsey, they never gave him the support he needed to win, but fired him because he did not. The new coach better watch out, and make sure his money is guareenteed. PV ain't a doormat just because they don't have scholarships.

We all can speculate until the Panthers win the SCG in 2 years. LOL :emlaugh:

The bottom line is this, we've fired the former bball coach, baseball coach, and now football coach. We've increased scholarship allotments for ALL of the aforementioned sports (to the max).

<b>
PV is on the move. What is YOUR school doing? :confused:
</b>

Lew, those comments sound just like the comments that were posted about Plummer. Maybe it should also be noted that more than naught, the coach couldn't coach @ all?

I've always thought Dorsey was overrated as a coach, so firing him wasn't a bad move. But I just believe that its gonna take more than scholarships to turn PV around. For about years they were the laughing stock of the nation. That perception won't change overnight.

Originally posted by Kool-Aid2K1
I've always thought Dorsey was overrated as a coach, so firing him wasn't a bad move. But I just believe that its gonna take more than scholarships to turn PV around. For about years they were the laughing stock of the nation. That perception won't change overnight.

"L" Kool-Aid, for about years we offered zero scholarships and still competed @ the I-AA level. Man, it's a given that we had positively NO support during our "lean" years (well over a decade). But, we're on the move man.

You're right. It WILL take more than scholarships. We've got to have the RIGHT coaching staff coupled w/ the RIGHT talent to make it happen and it will. We've already started. Check out our new and improved baseball team soon. We're going to surprise quite a few (just like this years' men's bball team). Just watch.

I hope so........

If PV can be competitive, then I'm all for it cause its good for the SWAC. I guess we'll all know more when the new coaches are announced.

Originally posted by PV-PRIDE
I guess that makes JSUE the "Door-step" under the door mat.......

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I am at the computer after a long evening of tutoring students the night before the comprehensive exam.

Originally posted by Panthro
We all can speculate until the Panthers win the SCG in 2 years. LOL :emlaugh:

The bottom line is this, we've fired the former bball coach, baseball coach, and now football coach. We've increased scholarship allotments for ALL of the aforementioned sports (to the max).

<b>
PV is on the move. What is YOUR school doing? :confused:
</b>

Quick; Hurry; Find Pison, and tell him he has reason to come back to the board. Lol.

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
I just don't know what UAPB is waiting for?

Rumor has it that it was reported during a meeting with alumini and the chancellor homecoming week that as long as he was chancellor Hardman would be coach. If this is true then the fans whom support the athletic department by purchasing tickets has no role in the success of the program and therefore should withdraw their financial contributions. If this statement is not true then WHY? is he still in place. The new AD is obivously just a figure head with no real authority at all. IT is truly a sad day in PB. We have no desire to be competitive. 6--5, 6-5,4-7, and 3-8 the only two accomplishments we've had since returning to the swac is beating SU & JSU in the same year, whoopidity-ucking-do.

Gives us a real college coach!!!!

Originally posted by blownup

Rumor has it that it was reported during a meeting with alumini and the chancellor homecoming week that as long as he was chancellor Hardman would be coach. If this is true then the fans whom support the athletic department by purchasing tickets has no role in the success of the program and therefore should withdraw their financial contributions.

Hardman = Thomas

UAPB Chancellor = TSU President

Different Universities; Same Philosophy :smh:

Originally posted by JR
DAMN :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
Does Alcorn send Dr. Thomas away?

I wish...but JT got friends in high places....can't be touched. His assistants might be in trouble. He goes thru assistants like folks with diarrhea go thru underwear

:redhot: :bawling: :redhot:

Originally posted by JR

I guess PV want a coach that can recruit, since they will have a full allotment of scholarships.

I understand that the next Prairie View will not be given the full allotment of 63 scholarships for it has been reduced to 30. Is this true Pantherland?

Back