BoomGate 2017 & 2019

SUBRJAG

In both 2017 and 2019 JSU came out of crankfest like they were SuperBowl champs. In those same two years, The Jukebox went in to Memorial and handed out a nice L to the Boom. This is why you will always be secondary to SU lol. Let’s talk about it!

Bold..... I mean I cant lie, SU did take the 5th Quarter. My opinion by song selection. One of those songs was very well written. JSU was my favorite all season, but you just aren't perfect all the time. Overall id still ride with JSU for the overall year.

Southern is just soo messy and petty...lol.... There whole show after the dance routine was hilarious and messy.
And I think JSU owns that stadium now.... But just to be bold enough to make that comment about JSU paying there rent for the stadium.....wow....lol

Last edited:
They finally decided to open up the book for the last two games of the year after a years worth of ass whoopings lmao

As me and other band head were talking about. SU really only shows up for two events and that’s BoomBox and Bayou Classic. SU really gives props to JSU for doing that. Like we stated though it’s a new era and that’s what they do. It wasn’t like that in the past. That’s what made the BoomBox so fun. JSU and SU would be bussing ass all year and then they meet. I left the 5th because my lil boy got cold and i haven’t watched it yet. I’m waiting on the rogerbros to get their opinion. Imo the zero was JSU. I kinda don’t like the song saving from SU though. I feel like it’s not fair to your fans. We all know they both have huge followings.

In both 2017 and 2019 JSU came out of crankfest like they were SuperBowl champs. In those same two years, The Jukebox went in to Memorial and handed out a nice L to the Boom. This is why you will always be secondary to SU lol. Let’s talk about it!

Well,

JSU got the zero

Halftime was petty fest from both

Jukes got the 5th

Y’all love saving that book for the boom... I’m sorry though one game can’t save a years worth of slaw and underachieving... that band can’t even hold a candle too other jukes of its past now if you want to lie and say they can then be my guest, but that won’t be enough to equate for bad song selections, Todd’s mediocre writing , and just laziness in the book and on the field at times. It’s clear that SU dearly misses Haymer in ways that the SU faithful can’t own ... but no ... JSU has had the better year and quite frankly one good 5th quarter isn’t enough to take ya’ll out of 2nd place. That’s what y’all have been for two years now if we being honest around here.

Last edited:
Another thing. Y’all Juke fans gotta chill. JSU does not kick SU out the stadium. It’s always 5 and out in Jackson. It doesn’t hurt to give credit when it’s do. Y’all almost cult like.

Well said, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been verbally and almost physically attacked by jukebox fans for simply saying JSU was the better band in the last few years. These young juke fans are being lied to believe Greg’s created the sky and the moon and everyone else copied SU and I almost feel sorry for them because it’s just not true. SU fanbase definitely needs to get it together.. I remember when both sides used to cheer and yeah it was a rivalry but there was respect... these new age jukebox fans are disrespectful, entitled, and fail to give credit. Class jukes class. When Su on its shit, boom gives credit and respect. Come on, get the rivalry back to how it was smh. I think both bands need to exit disses and go back to drilling and entertaining in block band formation.

Last edited:
JSU took the Zero Qtr, halftime and the 5th! SU drills are antiquated and they have no musicality, they don't sound good at all. SU, over-blowing on the Euphoniums doesn't help your sound. SU listen to FAMU and UAPB and take notes on how Euphoniums should be played. Song selections used as a criteria for a "W" means nothing, if your song selections lacks musicality. Musicality, drills, precision and sound, JSU is on another level. 1574169125195.png

JSU, condense or drop the mockery, it devalues your ranking as America's #1 HBCU marching band, image is everything. Discipline, musicality, precision and showmanship trumps mockery. Don't stoop to their level with the mockery! :mad:

Last edited:
JSU, condense or drop the mockery, it devalues your ranking as America's #1 HBCU marching band, image is everything. Discipline, musicality, precision and showmanship trumps mockery. Don't stoop to their level with the mockery! :mad:
I agree with your comment 1000% and then some and have long felt that way! That mockery stuff definitely devalues our image even in my eyes and is unnecessary! Leave the pettiness to that Band who may or may not have originated it...but does it consistently! We should not be brought down to that level!

Back