Boombox Classic 2018!

The Boom didn't even take Southern serious, the Boom practicality repeated the same halftime show performed against a PWC the previous week. I see JSU is always on Southern's mind, you would think JSU was the only school/band on their schedule. Why mock the J-Settes?
sick.gif
A clean sweep by the Boom, again! Oh well, no one does it better than the Boom.
happy0065.gif

Last edited:
The Boom didn't even take Southern serious, the Boom practicality repeated the same halftime show performed against a PWC the previous week. I see JSU is always on Southern's mind, you would think JSU was the only school/band on their schedule. Why mock the J-Settes?
sick.gif
A clean sweep by the Boom, again! Oh well, no one does it better the Boom.
happy0065.gif

Yeah, Riiigghhtttt......LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
A lot of people called the 5th boring. Even the rogerbros said it was bland. My personal opinion was this was easily the best band battle of the year. Both band arrangements showed who is clearly on top of the band world. I think just because a lot of people didn’t know the songs that’s why they felt that way

Batman

Been Around the World.

Lady.

We Can't Be Friends

Post a song by JSU that they've played all year that are seeing these songs. JSU played those songs in the 5th already, nothing new. SU hit you with 5 new hay-makers Lol.

Smh.

JSU has no book. They played nothing new. SU, their 1st 4 songs in the 5th was new and that Ashanti (NBA Youngboy) Rain On Me was killing. LOL

A lot of people called the 5th boring. Even the rogerbros said it was bland. My personal opinion was this was easily the best band battle of the year. Both band arrangements showed who is clearly on top of the band world. I think just because a lot of people didn’t know the songs that’s why they felt that way

The Roger Bros said The Jukebox got the W too. It was a decent 5th Quarter.

Hell what song JSU played Saturday night was seeing "Trip" or "Through the Fire"

JSU came back with a rap song after We Can't Be Friends or was that Lady, No you come back with another song like what SU played, unless you don't have any??, But a rap song?? LOL. Smh. Trying to get SU to play a rap song and wash the 5th, SU hit them bozos with another tune on that ass smh Lol

A bunch of rap songs in the 5th smh
You sit yo ass down and open your book. Only song stood out in the 5th from JSU was that slow song. Not Stand, but the slow song.

Hell what song JSU played Saturday night was seeing "Trip" or "Through the Fire"

JSU came back with a rap song after We Can't Be Friends or was that Lady, No you come back with another song like what SU played, unless you don't have any??, But a rap song?? LOL. Smh. Trying to get SU to play a rap song and wash the 5th, SU hit them bozos with another tune on that ass smh Lol

You sit yo ass down and open your book. Only song stood out in the 5th from JSU was that slow song. Not Stand, but the slow song.

They sat back watching SU’s every move all year and couldn’t take their minds off Haymer. Plus they had no battles all year and it showed.

The Roger Bros said The Jukebox got the W too. It was a decent 5th Quarter.
They said it wasn’t like the other ones they watched. Like I said I enjoyed it. Both of them played songs I wasn’t expecting. They can easily outplay a lot of bands

SU sounded jumbled on some songs as well as JSU. This was by no means at all a blowout. A lot of people left it at a tie. JSU played one rap song which was Killshot. Tbh no song stood out but So Beautiful from JSU and Batman from SU in my opinion

SU sounded jumbled on some songs as well as JSU. This was by no means at all a blowout. A lot of people left it at a tie. JSU played one rap song which was Killshot. Tbh no song stood out but So Beautiful from JSU and Batman from SU in my opinion

Lol, no songs stood out but 2?? Ok bud. but you said somethin about a kill-shot, it was the 1st rap song played in the 5th so it's a kill-shot?? and why not come back with a song like SU lmaoo. sit yo ass down and open that book and play

SU got in yall asses all night buddy. JSU rap song was a killshot?? Breh stop it Lmaoo. Both Sides by SU kills any rap song yall played. And go back and listen to that NBA youngboy and Kevin Gates, or Ashanti Rain on Me. That's a kill shot breh.

We can't be friends is a kill-shot. Been around the world is a kill-shot.

JSU rap song is a kill-shot?? LOL

Post it on here and I bet I can post a song by SU that's better LMAOOO. I bet you won't post that so call kill shot song by JSU

Lol, no songs stood out but 2?? Ok bud. but you said somethin about a kill-shot, it was the 1st rap song played in the 5th so it's a kill-shot?? and why not come back with a song like SU lmaoo. sit yo ass down and open that book and play

SU got in yall asses all night buddy. JSU rap song was a killshot?? Breh stop it Lmaoo. Both Sides by SU kills any rap song yall played. And go back and listen to that NBA youngboy and Kevin Gates, or Ashanti Rain on Me. That's a kill shot breh.

We can't be friends is a kill-shot. Been around the world is a kill-shot.

JSU rap song is a kill-shot?? LOL

Post it on here and I bet I can post a song by SU that's better LMAOOO. I bet you won't post that so call kill shot song by JSU
I mean that’s your opinion and I have mine. We all know SU didn’t smash JSU the whole night that’s already been noted. Yes only two songs made me say wow. JSU had a book. SU saved there’s just for this particular game. Says a lot about the Boom.

SU was the better band (as always)

SU had the better halftime show (did you see that drill)

SU had the better football team (did you see that score) yet we had ppl in here trying to up JSU football team smh.

SU had the better everything

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I dont know why yall waste yall time, THEY have been obsessed with SU all year, AND was ready to come on this page TO tell us how JSU was this and that, BUT guess what IT DID NOT HAPPEN... so they are trying to save face with stuff that dont matter. And if SU is so bad like yall claim THIS WHOLE YEAR.., where is this blowout, because clearly it was not one..

I dont know why yall waste yall time, THEY have been obsessed with SU all year, AND was ready to come on this page TO tell us how JSU was this and that, BUT guess what IT DID NOT HAPPEN... so they are trying to save face with stuff that dont matter. And if SU is so bad like yall claim THIS WHOLE YEAR.., where is this blowout, because clearly it was not one..

They’re in save face mode LMAO

Yall act like bands dont repeat SHOWS,, AGAIN NOTHING NEW...,PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SAVE FACE,,..

Unbiased opinion- I feel as if southern gives a fuller sound so they get the W. But, I personally think JSU is more of an all in one package. As far as in Drum majors, March in/out, Dance Team, Etc...

JSU's tone quality, phrasing, tonality, attacks were very good. I enjoyed the chord play in alot of what I heard on youtube. They sound like a giant jazz band. The Boom this year and last and TnSU last year had that sound and control that hasn't been around at any hbcu except BCU in a good long while. I also enjoyed JSU's drill during the halftime show. I wish I could've seen them in person this year but we will do our hbcu travelling next fall. My woman is now hooked on the hbcu experience.

Unbiased opinion- I feel as if southern gives a fuller sound so they get the W. But, I personally think JSU is more of an all in one package. As far as in Drum majors, March in/out, Dance Team, Etc...
Thank You! I like to think of it in terms of the concept of "TOTALITY."

Last edited:
Back