Book Of Love on BET

D-NICE

Retired Milkman
How many of you have seen this movie (Book Of Love)? I don't know if it was made especially for BET, or if it's been out a while, and never made it to the theaters, but I saw it last night on BET, and really enjoyed it.

There couldn't have been a better blueprint for brothers who go all out for undeserving women. I would recommend this movie for all young brothers just starting out in the dating arena, and for some brothers who haven't been involved in a lot of relationships.

There were 3 different dating situations, with a woman author (Loretta Devine) doing a case study for a book, on why are brothers dogs.

It stars Robin Givens, Mari Marrow, Richard T. Jones, Salli Richardson, Treach from Naughty By Nature, and the girl who played Anna Nicole on "Martin".

Again, I don't know how old it is, but if you have a chance to watch it, rent it, or buy it, I would highly recommend that you see it. If you saw it, what did you think of it?

There were a few scenes that bought back some horrible memories for me, the one that sticks out the most, involves a doctor, and a long arsed Q-Tip, and I'll leave it that. Ouch.

NICE

I know you really don't expect any responses regarding this movie. Showing women at their worst when dealing with men. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

D~,

I heard about the movie last night, but did not watch it, cuz I was tuned in to 24. I'm sure BET will air it 1,001 more times, so I'll catch it, at a later date.

Do you know when it's suppose to air again?

LOL!! Ole boy and ole girl had been boning with protection for weeks and the minute she tells him she want's to "feel him inside" her he gets the clap and then she blames it on him. lol

I think this movie dwells into the mindset of women that always play the role of the victim even when they are unfaithfull. It always has something to do with the man they are with and not them.

The movie shows that women can be "just as", if not more trifling than men in a relationship.

I have a female co-worker that is on her 4th husband at 40 years old and she does not have a problem.........all 3 of her previous husbands have been "messed up" according to her. lol

Finest, I don't know when it airs again, but I will be looking for it. I'll post the info when I find out.

Mak, that was some funny (but cold schit). At first, I thought she was going to end up pregnant, but when he went to the bathroom I knew where they were going. Then she st8 embarassed him at the engagement party. I felt bad for the brother seeing him beg her arse, after he had an answer for every reason she gave for not wanting to say yes. Then when she ran out of excuses, she finally told him no, then had the nerve to walk out with his boy. Man, that was some cold schit.

I don't know which one of those brothers were the sorriest, but my man with Salli Richardson took the cake though, cuz even after she gave him the clap, that clown had the nerve to say, "'we even took our medicine together." Pityful. Just pityful.

At least ol girl with Treach had the decency to apologize after dogging him (albeit after she was knocked up), but his revenge was sweet though. If you're ever going to dogg a chick, that's textbook.

You're right though, this movie is evidence of a woman being trifling. The sad thing is, you'll find women that love evey woman in this movie, and they'll say "that's right girl, men do it all the time."

It also shows just how vulnerable some men are when we fall in love. Dude punched his best friend of 24 years, because he told him his woman was screwing around.

NICE

Makaho 2.0 said:
LOL!! Ole boy and ole girl had been boning with protection for weeks and the minute she tells him she want's to "feel him inside" her he gets the clap and then she blames it on him. lol

I think this movie dwells into the mindset of women that always play the role of the victim even when they are unfaithfull. It always has something to do with the man they are with and not them.

The movie shows that women can be "just as", if not more trifling than men in a relationship.

I have a female co-worker that is on her 4th husband at 40 years old and she does not have a problem.........all 3 of her previous husbands have been "messed up" according to her. lol

All VALID points that will NOT be sincerely addressed. Oh but I'm bitter because I expect the truth from a female :lol:

Oh yeah, didn't dat dude say after he found out he got the clap from ole girl that they fed each other medication. He was gone. But at least he admitted it.

Makaho 2.0 said:

That's what his dumb arse gets, and why he didn't beat her arse? :smash:

I call those women "stupid."

You shole is right, mang! :tup:

:vomit: @ the thought ...

D-NICE said:
I don't know which one of those brothers were the sorriest, but my man with Salli Richardson took the cake though, cuz even after she gave him the clap, that clown had the nerve to say, "'we even took our medicine together." Pityful. Just pityful.

Man, that dude was past pathetic! And to make things worse, the woman he got after her was finer (in my opinion). But he couldn't let go of the past and was calling her by the last broads name till she got fed up with it.

I got a partner that is on some simular isht with his ex-wife. His wife got pregnant by another mofo and left him. This dude still asks how she could have done him like that, despite all he did for her.

I told him "easily"! Because it's in her nature. I don't care how much you feed, nuture, caress or provide for a "Baby Rattlesnake" it will bite you!

Why? Because that's what it does. Some people just aint isht, and aint never gonna be worth a isht!

Just move and find someone that is worth a dayumm....that is how you win in the end.

But at least Treach got a Large Burrito and Drank on ole girl's treat. lol
:D

I saw it last night and it was on point. The guys were trying to be right and the women were straight up foul! I enjoyed it. It gave a different perspective to relationships.

Makaho 2.0 said:
Man, that dude was past pathetic! And to make things worse, the woman he got after her was finer (in my opinion). But he couldn't let go of the past and was calling her by the last broads name till she got fed up with it.

I'm feeling you Mak, shorty was tight, and she didn't even ask him to change anything about himself. She just accepted him for who he was. When that nut went home, and threw all of his meat out of his freezer, because slim told him a healthy man is sexy to her, and that she was a vegatarian, I knew dude was in trouble.

Then that clown cut his hair, because she found bald headed men sexy, and went out and bought a car he told her he couldn't afford, but because he'd look sexy in a "sports utility vehicle", that clown went out, and did it.

The dumbest had to Richard T. Jones with Robin Givens. Man, I can't believe that chump let her tear up all of his pictures of other women, rip up his phone book, gave her his pass codes, only to have her cheating on him. Note to the fella's, if your woman comes home, and everything she says is, "such, and such man says this" and she follows every word he says to the bone. SHE'S CHEATING ON YOU!!!!!

Man John Salley was tonging her down on tv, and this fool still didn't believe that she was cheating on him, after he begged his boy to tell him what he knew about her. That's why I never tell a fool in love, what I've seen because they won't believe it. Hell, even Treach did it. He knew dayum well what restaurant his boy told him where his girl was, and went to the wrong place on purpose to keep from seeing his girl.

Man, this was a cool arsed movie. I guess, cuz I've seen some brothers go through those exact same things.

NICE

Finest, you'd have to be a man to understand. If there was ever a man movie for the Lifetime Channel, this is it. I guess, it's just good to show the world that men are not the only ones who go through bullschit in a relationship. That when women start talking about there are no good men, and all men are dogs, you can see just why some men are the way they are.

The movie not only showed those 3 relationships, but did cameo's of other brothers telling why they're dogs. They left some reasons out, but for the most part, they got it right.

NICE

There were some DUMBASS NEGROS on that movie... The dude that threw away all the meet,cut his hair (because she liked the L L Cool J look), and bought a car because she liked SUV's had to be the DUMBEST dude I have ever seen.

D-NICE said:
Finest, you'd have to be a man to understand. If there was ever a man movie for the Lifetime Channel, this is it. I guess, it's just good to show the world that men are not the only ones who go through bullschit in a relationship. That when women start talking about there are no good men, and all men are dogs, you can see just why some men are the way they are.

The movie not only showed those 3 relationships, but did cameo's of other brothers telling why they're dogs. They left some reasons out, but for the most part, they got it right.

NICE

I don't agree w/that logic...I believe people do just what the want to do, regardless of past experiences. Men or Women, for that matter, should NOT blame the actions and/or events of past lovers and relationships on what they do in current and/or future ones.

That, my dear friend, is bullschitt. ;)

Finest, I'm not implying that all men are that way, but a good majority of them go that route for awhile, before giving thier heart to another woman.

NICE

D-NICE said:
Finest, I'm not implying that all men are that way, but a good majority of them go that route for awhile, before giving thier heart to another woman.

NICE

yeah, you're right...that's one reason why we have soooooooooooo many issues w/Women & Men in relationships now.

It's called,
<font size=5>BAGGAGE!!!</font>

I think it all boils down to women being dumb and men being stupid.

Women are "dumb" because they know exactly what they want, but don't know exactly what they need.

Men are "stupid" because we think we know exactly what we need, but don't know exactly what we want.

Until men and women know "themselves", they will constantly be in this rigamarole. When one knows themself, then they will know exactly what their wants and needs are.

Maslow's theory dictates this. lol

That movie was pretty good.....but them dudes were sorry as all get out. Man I can't believe how that punk arse dude let sally richardson play him!! And then he got with Tonya Nicole..I love your mole and messed that up!

That i :lmao: s almost as Kat as a dude making his wedding date his signature!

I'd like to see this one. It seems it would make a good conversation piece and a great study. Everybody can probably learn from it.

I thought that "The Book of Love" was an..........Instant Classic :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Back