BMF on STARZ

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I know a while back I talked about a change of pace with regards to Black Entertainment on the screen. Still, not to many things have caught and/or kept my attention. So till then it's the Power Series and stuff like BMF, loosely based on the real life stories of Big Meech and T out of Detroit who were in the game and did it big in the 80s, 90s, & 00s before the authorities caught up with them. --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mafia_Family

So far, STARZ has shown 4 episodes. Like with the Power series, 50 Cent is also the executive producer for this. Lots of interesting characters played by both new and seasoned actors. Anything with Wood Harris, I'm gonna check out. He is so good at playing those grimey hood roles. Then there is this one cat though who plays this antagonist named Lamar. He is so good that he reminds me of every untrustworthy up to no good dude in my hood of NW Hsv. that it's scary..... LOL .....Check it...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5PZFhWQNU

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Great episode last night. You can easily see how Terry and Meech complement each other.
Lamar is on borrowed time.
I like the little things they do with the show, like how the officer was being careful not to let the witness see his face.
After he met with Meech, did it seem like the officer knew he'd been followed? Did he recognize the car his partner was in as one of the unmarked cars at the station? I noticed he just stopped in the middle of the road, but there was no traffic light.

Terry looked his momma in the eye and lied, dayum.

I love this show.

After this most recent episode, it's official. Lamar is among my top 3 Black Villains on the screen. What is really crazy is not just who he killed this time (cold blooded in iitself) but being the music lover that I am, how they used this classic old school joint as a reference... #sheesh

The obvious that continues to make this show stand out to me is that the characters and actions are based upon things that actually happened. So everything pretty much tells itself and makes sense vs. something like, 'The Chi," when writers and directors pick and glorify characters and/or storylines to promote agendas and just leave everybody confused.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_AKXRqwck

Last edited:
After this most recent episode, it's official. Lamar is among my top 3 Black Villains on the screen. What is really crazy is not just who he killed this time (cold blooded in iitself) but being the music lover that I am, how they used this classic old school joint as a reference... #sheesh

The obvious that continues to make this show stand out to me is that the characters and actions are based upon things that actually happened. So everything pretty much tells itself and makes sense vs. something like, 'The Chi," when writers and directors pick and glorify characters and/or storylines to promote agendas and just leave everybody confused.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_AKXRqwck
Lamar is definitely one of the best bad guys overall. Another story line I'm loving is B Mickie and Kato. I can't wait to see how it will play out.

Lamar is definitely one of the best bad guys overall. Another story line I'm loving is B Mickie and Kato. I can't wait to see how it will play out.
I rewatched some episodes because I overlooked and missed some things. I haven’t exactly figured her out but something is definitely up with Kato. Its almost like Meech knows it too. I feel like a major plot twist will involve her.

I haven’t watched last night episode. But I will say this…I have watched numerous documentaries on them and the show is on track.

everybody was dirty in Detroit back then. My uncle retired from General Motors and he moved 30 miles. He watched the show and he was telling me this morning how the show gives a house nest example of how drugs was being sold at the car industry.

I rewatched some episodes because I overlooked and missed some things. I haven’t exactly figured her out but something is definitely up with Kato. Its almost like Meech knows it too. I feel like a major plot twist will involve her.
Tee is all over it right now. Hopefully, B Mickie won't simp out because of the good good she giving him.

Was that opening scene a homage to Omar (Michael K. Williams)? Will Lamar make it past the next episode?

Charles ain't got nothing for Meech!

Pastor Swift! 🤣 🤣 🤣

They better stick to the real story especially when it concerns Lamar’s character. Everyone knows he ran those guys out of Detroit.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The last episode of this season was very entertaining. Knowing that the Lamar & Kato based characters from the real life BMF story are still alive, I didn't think they would be killed off but okay.

It was cool seeing DC Young Fly. This was the second time I've seen him on screen. By just being his natural self, he be killing it.

....but the really hilarious one was Donnell Rawlings. Man, talk about somebody being perfect for that role & character....LOL

Back